The Student Room Group

The age of consent should be lowered to 13.

Scroll to see replies

Works at 12 in the Netherlands. No reason why it wouldn't work here.
Eww, 13-year-olds having sex? :s-smilie: Just no :no:

And OP, you are actually chatting a whole load of bull****. An 18-year-old with a 17-year-old is perfectly fine as you're both over the age of consent (16) :rolleyes:. And that age of consent is perfectly fine itself and should stay how it is.
You had a 13 year old girlfriend when you were 18 :yucky:

I think you need to imprisoned for statutory rape and possibly peadophilia.... This thread is wierd even for TSR standards ...
STRONG paedo vibes ITT :puke:
Reply 24
I disagree completely. I volunteer in a sexual health clinic at an upper school (I am currently part of the ajoining sixth form) and we accept children from all years in the cinic for free advice and contraception and tests for pregnancy and chlamydia. I see little kids come in and ask for condoms and I know that half the boys there are just going to fill them with water and throw it at a little kid. If it was legal for these children to consent to sex and bear children of their own, then I think that would be horrible - for the babies born and the young people who have to take care of them. There is no way that I would look at my fourteen year old sister and consider her to be fit to raise a child. You might say that there is a difference between having sex and having a baby, but there's always the risk. You people have sex anyway because there's no way of policing it, lowering the age of consent would do nothing to mae anything any better. I see no reason why people shouldn't wait until they are more mature, both physically and emotionally before they have sex, which has been given a value by society that will leave people will a lasting effect, especially if they are at a young, impressionable age. I think that the age of consent is about right - it is the age at which most people are becoming more mature and more responsible and, if they should have a baby, are responsible enough to take care of it in an appropriate way.
Reply 25
xx
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by SaturnVengeance
*snip*..... In some US states you can get married at 13......*snip*

Proof or GTFO
Original post by SaturnVengeance
It's stupid and pointless to lock someone up because they had sex with a teenager. It's stupid, teens have sex with teens and adults have sex with adults, so why can't adults have sex with teens? Hell I have several friends who could go to prison for having sex with their 13-17 year old girlfriends, just because they are 18-21 years old. Hell right now I'm interested in a woman who is 17, but we wouldn't legally be able to have sex because I'm 18. My last girlfriend was 13 years old, and that was when I was 18 also. It's just a really stupid rule. There are people who have gone to prison and are registered sex offenders because they had sex with the person who is currently their wife, but they weren't when they had sex. Technically it's not pedophilia if they are 13 or older, so it has nothing to do with pedophilia. In some US states you can get married at 13. It's just a pointless law that puts good people behind bars. At 13 they are a teenager and able to make their own decisions. Who else would like the age of consent to be lowered to 13?

You don't know what you are talking about. Seems like you want it lowered to satisfy your desires...:rolleyes: With 18 most teens are childish, HOW THE HELL CAN YOU SUGGEST SUCH STUPID THING? Age of maturity has fallen in this "advanced" society. I don't know...I might go your home and beat you hard. Such an ignorant...
Reply 28
When people are16 they should be allowed to shag any age. When you are under 16, you should only be able to slepp with someone 2 years older than you (whe nyou get to 13).
Reply 29
What?? Even the people suggesting lowering it to 15, what?? They can do things at that age that doesn't involve actual intercourse! I mean if they're having sex at that age, what were they doing at 13, performing sexual favours for entry into clubs?? Too young. Age of consent in Northern Ireland was 16 for guys, 17 for girls, and it is now 17 for both. I think that's the right age!

Otherwise, what kind of message are we sending out to kids? Have sex when you want it, take what you want, lead a selfish life?
Original post by alfredjkwak
:eek: sorry but what do you see in 13 year olds? they're.... kids

What every paedophile sees.:mad: We should shank him,mates.
Original post by Alt__x
losing your virgintiy at 13 ****s you up. When I was thirteen I wanted to eat worms and throw mud at people, not things that werent my own fingers up there

True. Years after you became perv though. :wink:

EDIT: Worms? :biggrin:
Original post by Drunk Punx
Italicised text: Eh... age of consent is 16... :fyi:

Bolded text: :lolwut:

Not in America.
Original post by DarkSenrine
Works at 12 in the Netherlands. No reason why it wouldn't work here.

...packing my bags...
Age of consent is 12 in the vatican city (pope, :rolleyes:)
Its 13 in spain (catholics :rolleyes:)

OP, I think everyone has figured out that you are a pervert (except for you of course). 13 year olds are children, man, thats sick!

Listen to the whole thing, it reminds me of you :biggrin:
Original post by domino0806
You just admitted to commiting statutory rape.

How?
Reply 36
So basically, you're pissed that it's illegal for you to shag your kid girlfriend.
Reply 37
xxx
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 38
13 is way too young and they're definitely not old enough to make their own decisions at that age no matter how mature they think they are. Even if they are consenting it's no guarantee that they're not just saying yes so they don't lose their boyfriend. Pressurising kids into having sex and using the law to aid your argument is just plain wrong.
Original post by Luminality
You had a 13 year old girlfriend when you were 18 :yucky:

I think you need to imprisoned for statutory rape and possibly peadophilia.... This thread is wierd even for TSR standards ...

I never said I ****ed her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending