The Student Room Group

The age of consent IS 13

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Lemons
Yeh, it's quite good. It stops mental stuff like this happening.

Wow that's ridiculous!!! I see people in US TV shows panicking about getting jailed for sleeping with a 17-year-old and it looks so crazy compared to here.
Reply 21
So if a man of 20 has sex with a 13 year of girl that will go un-prosecuted.
Lucky Hebephilics...
Reply 22
Original post by Teaddict
So if a man of 20 has sex with a 13 year of girl that will go un-prosecuted.
Lucky Hebephilics...

I hope you're being sarcastic? If so, then yeah I'm glad that can't happen and that our laws work both ways. If not, go read everyone else's posts.
Reply 23
Original post by wtfCharlie
I hope you're being sarcastic? If so, then yeah I'm glad that can't happen and that our laws work both ways. If not, go read everyone else's posts.

:biggrin:
Reply 24
Before someone says it, I know, legally, it's 16.

But technically, it's 13 - there is no prosecution unless one of the people involved is under 13.

Considering there's no prosecution, and no consequences, I wouldn't consider it to be a law, it's certainly not an enforced one.

Therefore, with prosecution under age 13, I would consider 13 to be the REAL age of consent.

NB: My mum works in Teenage pregnancy, yes, I'm certain this information is correct
NB2: I'm not saying it SHOULD be 13, I'm just pointing this out for anyone interested.

So what you're saying is...

TECNICALLY... you're legal? :sexface:

Cause I would either way.
Reply 25
Original post by Yawn11
So what you're saying is...

TECNICALLY... you're legal? :sexface:

Cause I would either way.

1. Pretty much.
2. But i'm glad I'm not legally, I like being called "Jailbait"
3. :lolwut: . . . Thanks?
Reply 26
1. Pretty much.
2. But i'm glad I'm not legally, I like being called "Jailbait"
3. :lolwut: . . . Thanks?

1. Hmm interesting I didn't know, but I think we can all agree that for now the system works. That link of a 17 year old being jailed - WAY too harsh.

2. "jailbait" I like the sound of that :sexface: , the thrill of risks would make things more exciting.

3. But then again, I'm too pretty to go prison. I'm willing to wait a year if you are :dontknow:
Obviously, I think the police have better things to do than chase up a pair of frisky 15 year olds....
Original post by Lemons
Yeh, it's quite good. It stops mental stuff like this happening.

That's USA, oral sex and sodomy are crime in some states... They can be pretty backward sometimes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending