The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by RobbieC
To beat the best in the league we'd have to play ourselves. Not likely.

So we'll just have to beat whatever turns up in front of us.

Lovely.

Where have you been you mess? Looking forward to the Barca vs Arsenal reunion eyy :hubba:
Reply 41
Original post by Barça
Lovely.

Where have you been you mess? Looking forward to the Barca vs Arsenal reunion eyy :hubba:
I've been plying my gritty trade in the consulting industry to make ends meet. I pop back from time to time for a spot of WUM release.

I am greatly looking forward to it. I feel it will be a very different and closer affair, but once again a great spectacle.

I don't mind if we go out either if it allows extra focus and points in the league.
Reply 42
I think that, although Chelsea played fairly poorly, you can't claim that's entirely due to their recent bad (understatement) patch. At the time they lost 0-3 to Sunderland, for example, they had a lot of injuries, and Ferreira was playing at CB. At the Emirates, they had a full strength side bar Anelka (who didn't play an especially key role in the previous match tbh) and possibly Alex. If the latter is injured then I didn't hear of it.

At the very least, we showed that with RVP and Cesc on the pitch, we have very decent offensive capability. And even if we were playing against Wolves, that wouldn't have taken away from the performance - Djourou, Song, Nasri and Walcott were all particularly excellent, but the whole team did well.
Reply 43
Djourou proved that he is a big game player. Song acted like Zidane but it worked for once. Nasri didn't lose the ball. Walcott was outstanding (a rarity).

We shall see if it's consistent.
(edited 13 years ago)
Consistant..... :facepalm2:
Reply 45
Original post by Kevmeister
Consistant..... :facepalm2:
Actually it's consistent...

Used in a sentence: Kevin consistently embarrasses himself by acting a prick.

I mean Jesus, you're supposed to be in the midst of an English degree. What kind of Mickey Mouse institution are your operating in? Horrendous.

con·sist·ent? ?/k?n?s?st?nt/ Show Spelled
[kuhn-sis-tuhnt] Show IPA

–adjective
1. agreeing or accordant; compatible; not self-contradictory: His views and actions are consistent.
2. constantly adhering to the same principles, course, form, etc.: a consistent opponent.
3. holding firmly together; cohering.
4. Archaic . fixed; firm.
Use consistent in a Sentence
See images of consistent
Search consistent on the Web

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:
1565–75; < L consistent- (s. of consist?ns, prp. of consistere ). See consist, -ent

—Related forms
con·sist·ent·ly, adverb
Original post by RobbieC

I mean Jesus, you're supposed to be in the midst of an English degree. What kind of Mickey Mouse institution are your operating in? Horrendous.

–adjective
1. agreeing or accordant; compatible; not self-contradictory: His views and actions are consistent.
2. constantly adhering to the same principles, course, form, etc.: a consistent opponent.
See images of consistent

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:
1565–75; &lt; L consistent- (s. of consist?ns, prp. of consistere ). See consist, -ent

—Related forms
con·sist·ent·ly, adverb

Half of this is irrelevant. He was correcting the person above him, who obviously edited his post.

You won a game. Calm down and stop picking on others.
Reply 47
I think he was being pedantic, RobbieC.

Y'know...as you are right now.

It ain't big and it ain't clever. Don't do it, kids.

(and don't even think about correcting the "ain't"...)
Reply 48
Original post by Concern'd Viewer
Half of this is irrelevant. He was correcting the person above him, who obviously edited his post.

You won a game. Calm down and stop picking on others.
Stop being an interventionist dickhead.

I don't have a clue what you're supposed to be.
Original post by RobbieC
Stop being an interventionist dickhead.

I don't have a clue what you're supposed to be.

:rolleyes:
Reply 50
:rolleyes:
I don't think we can be friends anymore because you've made me feel all belittled and inferior :frown:

I might even have a little cry over all this adversity.
Original post by RobbieC
I don't think we can be friends anymore because you've made me feel all belittled and inferior :frown:

I might even have a little cry over all this adversity.

Sarcasm. Right, sorry. Shouldn't have intervened in your intervening.
Reply 52
JK.
OP
Original post by milkytea
I think that, although Chelsea played fairly poorly, you can't claim that's entirely due to their recent bad (understatement) patch. At the time they lost 0-3 to Sunderland, for example, they had a lot of injuries, and Ferreira was playing at CB. At the Emirates, they had a full strength side bar Anelka (who didn't play an especially key role in the previous match tbh) and possibly Alex. If the latter is injured then I didn't hear of it.

At the very least, we showed that with RVP and Cesc on the pitch, we have very decent offensive capability. And even if we were playing against Wolves, that wouldn't have taken away from the performance - Djourou, Song, Nasri and Walcott were all particularly excellent, but the whole team did well.

Alex was injured and considering there's been a pretty big thing made of it for the last few months, I really dunno how you didn't hear of it, tbh. :colondollar:

Alex may be one of Chelsea's two top CB's, but we've still got Vermaelen out, so any potential weakness in the position was not only matched, but, seeing as how Vermaelen is our top CB and Alex isn't theirs, added upon for us. We clearly just have better strength in depth. :pierre:

I didn't read everything people had to say on here, but I didn't see too much about Song. I have to say I thought he had a great game the other night, he was back to that more defensive role rather than trying to push on the whole time, but when he was up there he made it count. His breaking down of their attacks was consistently good and played a big part in not allowing them back into it after the goal we conceded. The way Cesc showed such maturity and controlled the pace of the game at that point was crucial as well, tbh.
I see Song becoming an AM/ST and perhaps Wilshire dropping into a DM.
Reply 54
JK.
OP
Sarcasm. Right, sorry. Shouldn't have intervened in your intervening.

He probably will have a little cry, tbh. :frown:
Original post by JK.
He probably will have a little cry, tbh. :frown:

:rofl3:
Original post by RobbieC

–adjective
See images of consistent

Origin:
1565–75; < L consistent- (s. of consist?ns, prp. of consistere ). See consist, -ent

—Related forms
con·sist·ent·ly, adverb

I was being pedantic as 'Mars said, and Patrice has learnt a lesson in spelling correctly, so all is right in the world.

And I'm not doing a degree any longer, not this year anyway. :fyi:
Reply 57
Lol I love beef
Reply 58
Switching on to this thread.

Predictions for tonight?

Team:

Fabianski
Sagna Squillaci Djourou Clichy
Wilshere Rosicky
Song
Walcott-----------------Arshavin
Chamakh

Score: 0-3 (Walcott, Song, RVP)
Reply 59
hoping to see rosicky on the wings and nasri or rvp in the middle with theo upfront .. arsha on the other wing
Time to experiment!

Latest