The Student Room Group

Tired of people telling me to rest on my laurels...

...There's nobody awake at this hour so I'm just going to say it.

I'm tired of people telling me that I shouldn't try to fight too hard, or sit back and accept things. The other day I told my cousin I wanted to get a first on my dissertation, he said "you'll get what you get." I felt so angry, I wish I had said something. My family may have got by being happy being just accepting things as is, but I don't. If I don't achieve something I set out to, I work harder next time. I think about what went wrong and how can improve. I am constantly trying to better and improve myself and I'm sick of people trampling all over it with their negativity.
Original post by Anonymous
...There's nobody awake at this hour so I'm just going to say it.

I'm tired of people telling me that I shouldn't try to fight too hard, or sit back and accept things. The other day I told my cousin I wanted to get a first on my dissertation, he said "you'll get what you get." I felt so angry, I wish I had said something. My family may have got by being happy being just accepting things as is, but I don't. If I don't achieve something I set out to, I work harder next time. I think about what went wrong and how can improve. I am constantly trying to better and improve myself and I'm sick of people trampling all over it with their negativity.

Over ambitious are we ? :colondollar:
Reply 2
You know what? How bout you throw those Laurels in the bin and screw them
Build a wall from the bricks people throw at you :wink:
Reply 4
Haytas gwan hayte.
Original post by asdfg0987
Haytas gwan hayte.

You can't use 'gwan' here.
Reply 6
Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo
You can't use 'gwan' here.

gwan

And what a loser, how on earth do you have 18000 posts?
(edited 13 years ago)
gwan

By being a loser?
gwan

Do you mean gwan in the Irish way or the Jamaican way?
Reply 9
Original post by $tar£reaker
Do you mean gwan in the Irish way or the Jamaican way?

Does it really matter? :tongue:

I'm not familiar with either of the ways lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending