The Student Room Group

Israeli/Palestinian someone please explain to me.

Scroll to see replies

Basically Israel belongs to the Jewish people under international law it is a Jewish state. Palestinians have been rightfully relocated to Gaza where they have elected a terrorist organisation called "Hamas".

Hamas fire rockets into Israel from schools and hospitals even though they know that women and children and civilians will get hurt.

Israel fires back, Hamas gets what it wants (dead civilians so that they can blame Israel) and then the terrorists of Gaza claim that Israel kill civilians and try to play the victim.

Surrounding Muslim countries tried to invade Israel a few decades ago, and as a result of that Israel started expanding onto the West Bank, and damn right they should.

Israel, USA and UK are tight allies.

Long live Israel :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
What the.
Original post by accesstohe

I wouldn't say so.

With Israel using forged British passports to assassinate people it really hurt relations between the two countries. The only tight ally Israel has is the USA and even then the Americans will sell arms to anyone who has some money, they just give Israel their extra few billion as pocket money.

It will be a good thing when Iran gets some nuclear arms as it will bring some stability to the region.
There is nothing worse than a person (Israel) beating up a cripple (Palestine) because they have their big brother standing over them (USA).

"Oh guys its all cool some people who worshipped the same God lived here 2000 years ago, means its perfectly fine to build illegal settlements in the west bank and steal land which Muslims, Christiansand crucially Atheists all have the right to live on as well but we will forget about that. If you critisise Israel you are a NAZI!"
Original post by Read the riot act

It will be a good thing when Iran gets some nuclear arms as it will bring some stability to the region

...because nukes are fun for the whole family? :lolwut:
Original post by Drunk Punx
...because nukes are fun for the whole family? :lolwut:

Of course they are. Realise the cold war never went 'hot' because both sides had nukes?

Israel has nukes, Iran doesn't = Israel can do what they want
Israel has nukes, Iran has nukes = They don't touch each other
Wikpedia FFS.
Reply 26
Of course they are. Realise the cold war never went 'hot' because both sides had nukes?

MAD worked with the US and Russia, because both had equal capabilities. With Israel and Iran, it is different. Israel's small size makes it an ideal target for a first strike nuclear attack, meaning that a nuclear balance such as with the US and Russia does not exist between those two.
Reply 27
Original post by Billydodger
So i heard that Israel was being really racist towards Palestine. Like, Israeli people are meant to have lighter skin tones, more blondes, more blue eyes...so they think they are superior? Is this true? Why are Israel and Palestine fighting?

*facepalm* I hope this is fake. Look it up.
Reply 28
I wouldn't say so.

With Israel using forged British passports to assassinate people it really hurt relations between the two countries. The only tight ally Israel has is the USA and even then the Americans will sell arms to anyone who has some money, they just give Israel their extra few billion as pocket money.

It will be a good thing when Iran gets some nuclear arms as it will bring some stability to the region.
There is nothing worse than a person (Israel) beating up a cripple (Palestine) because they have their big brother standing over them (USA).

"Oh guys its all cool some people who worshipped the same God lived here 2000 years ago, means its perfectly fine to build illegal settlements in the west bank and steal land which Muslims, Christiansand crucially Atheists all have the right to live on as well but we will forget about that. If you critisise Israel you are a NAZI!"

Agree with everything except for about Iran, they are revoluntionary state and they are just as nutty as Israel...more nukes in the region is bad!
Reply 29
Basically Israel belongs to the Jewish people under international law it is a Jewish state. Palestinians have been rightfully relocated to Gaza where they have elected a terrorist organisation called "Hamas".

They have been rightfully relocated? Dammit mate, I really fancy the look for your house. I think I'll just force you out, take it for myself and rightfully relocate you because my relgion is better than yours.

Uk & Israel are not tight allies, you obviously have no clue.

Hamas fire rockets into Israel from schools and hospitals even though they know that women and children and civilians will get hurt.

Israel fires back, Hamas gets what it wants (dead civilians so that they can blame Israel) and then the terrorists of Gaza claim that Israel kill civilians and try to play the victim.

Surrounding Muslim countries tried to invade Israel a few decades ago, and as a result of that Israel started expanding onto the West Bank, and damn right they should.

Oh lord...

A better and less bias version is the UN decided to split the country between the Muslims and Jews, but there is a dispute over what the borders are. Both sides have since been using unpleasant means of trying to gain the upper hand. Israel is currently more powerful and is holding the borders they claim. The Islamic world supports Palestine and the USA (and friends) is the main supporter of Israel.

Ahh, MAD. I hadn't considered that. Well played.
Reply 32
Original post by Drunk Punx
Ahh, MAD. I hadn't considered that. Well played.

MAD works where two countries have similar size, population and military capabilities. When one side (Israel) can be wiped out by one or two nukes, then the mad balance never existed in the first place, and actually makes it lucrative for one of the countries to initiate a first strike.
Original post by Axes
MAD works where two countries have similar size, population and military capabilities. When one side (Israel) can be wiped out by one or two nukes, then the mad balance never existed in the first place, and actually makes it lucrative for one of the countries to initiate a first strike.

Yeah, I read your post above after I posted that one but couldn't be bothered to edit mine. My bad.
Reply 34
I wouldn't say so.

All wars have a stronger party fighting in them. If Palestine would bend to Israel's will and stop fighting then they would stop being 'beaten up'. It's not Israel's fault that Arabs seem free to expand as far as they like, but when they lose some of the millions of square miles of land they've taken over, all hell breaks loose. There is only 1 place in the world Jews really care about, it's the equivalent of Christians taking over Mecca and complaining 200 years later if the Arabs managed to take it back. If Palestinian people wanted a stable existence they probably shouldn't have chosen to live on the most historically fought over land in the world. When Germany wouldn't bend to our will in WWI and WWII we cut off all the food we could and had their citizens surviving on 800 calories a day, with 80-90% of some cities entirely destroyed. If you want a war to end and you've lost it you need to fully surrender.
Original post by noodle1987
They have been rightfully relocated? Dammit mate, I really fancy the look for your house. I think I'll just force you out, take it for myself and rightfully relocate you because my relgion is better than yours.

Uk & Israel are not tight allies, you obviously have no clue.

Yeah because it definitely worked that way...

lrn2history
Israel forgetting their past of what Hitler did to them,suddenly doing the same thing bullying Palesitnians out of their own land,same thing as what America is doing to Iraq.
Original post by Menakshelatte
Israel forgetting their past of what Hitler did to them,suddenly doing the same thing bullying Palesitnians out of their own land,same thing as what America is doing to Iraq.

Its about the OIL my God its all about the OIL!!!

A Side effect is one less dictator and a working democracy but phuck that t3h ev1l americans are wantng more land!!11!
Reply 38
Original post by Menakshelatte

Or maybe remembering and learning not to turn the other cheek, protecting themselves when needed and not going like sheep to the slaughter.
Original post by Axes
Or maybe remembering and learning not to turn the other cheek, protecting themselves when needed and not going like sheep to the slaughter.

Basically becoming hitler..

Quick Reply