The Student Room Group

Which is better?

Which, according to you, is a better place to live and study in, and why : Sheffield, Nottingham, Lancaster? By better, I mean being friendly for international students for example. Thanks! :tongue:
Original post by meg213
Which, according to you, is a better place to live and study in, and why : Sheffield, Nottingham, Lancaster? By better, I mean being friendly for international students for example. Thanks! :tongue:

Which degree do you apply for ?
Reply 2
Original post by meg213

I would go for Sheffield, Lancaster, and then Nottingham; you might switch the latter two if you cannot stand being in a small town though (i.e. Lancaster). Nottingham did not make a particularly impressive impression on me when I went through it last week, but I visited Sheffield too, and the city-centre and university look nice.
Reply 3
Original post by LysFromParis

Original post by LysFromParis
Which degree do you apply for ?

My degree is an MSc in Economics but I'm more interested to know the study as well as living environment of the place rather than the ranking of departments. For my course, as far as I know, Notts tops the list.
I really like Nottingham as a city, and the campus is large and very pretty. Nottingham's halls of residence are all on the campus, which is outside of the city, so it has quite a campus feel. I don't really know the other two.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending