The Student Room Group

is there anyone who still haven't sent UCAS?

I am the one who is still waiting for my reference because my college is extremly unconcerned about that and now i am stressing out about that.I know i shouldn't leave it so late
So my choices are
Liverpool
Warwick
York
Lincoln
Im apllying for Business management
AND I am still thinking over about LEEDS MET .is it good uni?What the uni like ?and what about people there?
I have never been there so i would apprecite your opinions.THANKS IN ADVANCE:smile::smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Not quite sure how Lincoln/Leeds met are rated for BM but there seems a vast difference in prestige from York to 4th and 5th choices, I wouldn't disregard prestige entirely.... Wouldn't worry about the college thing, my friend is applying for architecture through a college and they also seem to be really lax about applications, he was getting really stressed. All unis legally have to consider all apps equally before the 15th Jan and if you apply later, you have a later interview which means more experience with the subject and more time to prepare/ portfolio - at least this was their reason.
Reply 2
DON'T apply for Lincoln it's a ****hole.
Reply 3
Original post by nerimon18

why???????:eek:
Im apllying there:frown:
Reply 4
Original post by whereareyoustaring
I am the one who is still waiting for my reference because my college is extremly unconcerned about that and now i am stressing out about that.I know i shouldn't leave it so late
So my choices are
Liverpool
Warwick
York
Lincoln
AND I am still thinking over about LEEDS MET .is it good uni?What the uni like ?and what about people there?
I have never been there so i would apprecite your opinions.THANKS IN ADVANCE:smile::smile:

yeah mate,imma still haven't sent UCAS!!!
SO we are in the same boat:wink:
Reply 5
Not your original question, but one of my friends is just finishing Business Management at York.
He said he absolutely loved it, but semi-often his lecturers would just not turn up or they would be really bad PhD students.

Great university, just keep that in mind.
Reply 6
I haven't applied.
In fact, I'm still looking for courses and beginning to write my personal statement.

Despite the above, I'm pretty relaxed. Jan 15th's the deadline, I'll be 100% ready by then. Don't worry, as soon as you're done with everything before the deadline, you'll be given equal consideration with all the people who have applied way before you.

Also, this means a lot of your mates have probably finished their applications by know. So you have a lot of people around you who can help you get done twice as fast, if any problems arise.

Look on the bright side!
Reply 7
Original post by Moto200
I haven't applied.
In fact, I'm still looking for courses and beginning to write my personal statement.

Despite the above, I'm pretty relaxed. Jan 15th's the deadline, I'll be 100% ready by then. Don't worry, as soon as you're done with everything before the deadline, you'll be given equal consideration with all the people who have applied way before you.

Also, this means a lot of your mates have probably finished their applications by know. So you have a lot of people around you who can help you get done twice as fast, if any problems arise.

Look on the bright side!

But aren't you worried about the reference section? because boy, I am!
Reply 8
You're cutting it a bit fine I must say. The deadline isn't for a while but all sorts of things can go wrong; Internet may go down, teachers may get sick, admin may completely mess it up. Don't rely on friends for help with personal statements as you're writing about YOURSELF.
Reply 9
Original post by Noxite
But aren't you worried about the reference section? because boy, I am!

Unless you have teachers as enemies, it shouldn't take more than a few days, at most. I think you should simply plan what would sound too arrogant in your personal statement, and ask your referee to write it. You know - select your favourite teacher - or the one you might have impressed the most, and spend an evening together, discussing what should be there.

That's just my opinion based on my situation. If your school staff is a bunch of a-holes, well... :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
So my choices are
Liverpool
Warwick
York
Lincoln

Dont worry i sent mine on the 23rd december, and because UCAS have closed until the 4th January my application hasn't been sent to any universities so it was pointless of me to send it when i did because nothing will happen to it until the 4th january anyway xD

So i'm basically in the same boat as you :P don't worry as long as it's sent before the deadline
Hello, I haven't sent off my UCAS application yet either. Just waiting for my reference from my teacher. I want to stody Politics and IR and my choices are York, Exeter, Birmingham, Manchester and Sussex. What do you think of them? Also, I'm stressed out because I'm applying too late. And UCAS is closed? Does this mean that they will start processing my application on 4th January :confused:
I'm really scared because anything could go wrong... :eek:
Thanks!
I know someone who went to Leeds Met and loved it. :wink:
Reply 13
I haven't yet, just waiting on my references.
Original post by nerimon18

I wonder how many applicants they've lost since that inbetweeners episode

nice username btw.
Reply 15
So my choices are
Liverpool
Warwick
York
Lincoln

I'm still waiting. I finished and forwarded mine to my college on the 23rd of November. was supposed to be finished last week :frown:
Deadline isnt for a couple of weeks yet though :smile:
Reply 16
So my choices are
Liverpool
Warwick
York
Lincoln

i still havent done mine either :colondollar:
Original post by p+i+n+k
i still havent done mine either :colondollar:

GOOD to know it is not just me :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
GOOD to know it is not just me :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Same here :colondollar:
Reply 19
I've still got another option should I choose to use it but I've been in this situation for months now - I've got offers from my top three so I'll probably just find somewhere random to apply to on January the 14th :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending