The Student Room Group

Why do girls become so fat after uni starts?

Something i've noticed, quite funny really because they don't seem to notice otherwise they'd do something about it.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Maybe you've just sobered up.
Reply 2
A lot of people of both genders become fat after uni starts. Maybe because they are too lazy to cook and eat properly?
Reply 3
Original post by Aack

LOL
Reply 4
Original post by Aack

Most enlightened post of the day.
I was fat before uni started :sexface:
Reply 6
Probably lack of healthy food and masses of empty calories in alcohol. Although one of my friends went to uni and came back for xmas a stone lighter (she was a size 18 and only 5ft before). But she lives on ready meals cos she can't cook and has lost weight because she's going to the gym 4 times a week. Before uni she wouldn't even walk to the corner shop..
Oh great, i'm going to be obese.
Edit: i want to go to the gym everry day- become shexxxy!
that aint true
Reply 9
I put on a stone in my first term at uni, mainly because of drinking, late night kebabs/chips, eating cantine type food all the time.

I lost it all over the holidays though and now I just put on a little bit every term and just diet when I get home. I guess some people just forget to do the diet part *shrugs*
Reply 10
I didn't. :wizard:
I lost about a stone during my first term, actually! Mainly because I kept forgetting to eat and can't cook at all :h:

Put a fair bit back on since I got home though, so I'll be back on the starvation diet when I go back in January :p:
Fewer home cooked meals means more unhealthy junk food take-away

Too busy with workload to play sports or work out regularly

Sitting around for large proportion of the day when studying

Hope I don't get fat :eek:
Reply 13
peer pressure?
live 2mins away from uni
sit on your a** all day
Reply 15
Original post by Lemons
I put on a stone in my first term at uni, mainly because of drinking, late night kebabs/chips, eating cantine type food all the time.

I lost it all over the holidays though and now I just put on a little bit every term and just diet when I get home. I guess some people just forget to do the diet part *shrugs*

When I first read that I thought it said "eating cocaine" :eek:
I was like - Did she just slip in the fact that she consumes cocaine? In a really non nonchalant fashion? And then I realised :colondollar:. And came here to tell y'all about it :thumbsup:.

I'll leave now.
Reply 16
ALCOHOL.
Takeaways, alcohol...

My firm=very sporty uni, I'll be going to the gym a lot hopefully.. don't want to put on weight :smile:
It happens in college, too. An abundance of greasy food and alcohol combined with little exercise due to the increased workload = fat chicks. Not too sure why it mainly affects ladies, though. :hmmm:
Reply 19
I can never put on weight even when i want to, so hopefully I'll be okay, but basically BEER/ALCOHOL and JUNK FOOD can be easily totalled up during term time hehe :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest