The Student Room Group

Core/Additional/Triple = WTF?!

Hi, I'm applying to a couple of sixforms and colleges, and on many application forms, they tell you to list your predicted subjects. For sciences, there are Core, Additional, and biology/chemistry/physics.

I am currently doing triple science, so which subject will it be on the form?

Biology, Chemistry, and physics individually? or do I pick Core, additional, and biology/chemistry/physics?

Thankyou.
Original post by Instincts_2012

Hi, I'm applying to a couple of sixforms and colleges, and on many application forms, they tell you to list your predicted subjects. For sciences, there are Core, Additional, and biology/chemistry/physics.

I am currently doing triple science, so which subject will it be on the form?

Biology, Chemistry, and physics individually? or do I pick Core, additional, and biology/chemistry/physics?

Thankyou.

Biology, Chemistry, Physics = Triple Science
Original post by im so academic
Biology, Chemistry, Physics = Triple Science

It has to be you doesn't it? :rolleyes:

lol, thanks.

But when my school gave me my predicted grades, they said that I got:

A in Core Science,
A in Additional Science,
and BBB in triple science...

Am I meant to just ignore my core and additional and write down my 3 terrible Bs for physics/biology and chemistry? :frown:

It has to be you doesn't it? :rolleyes:

lol, thanks.

But when my school gave me my predicted grades, they said that I got:

A in Core Science,
A in Additional Science,
and BBB in triple science...

Am I meant to just ignore my core and additional and write down my 3 terrible Bs for physics/biology and chemistry? :frown:

What do you mean by that? :hmmm:

Yes, B for Biology, B for Chemistry, B for Physics.

That also implies you were good at the "1" modules and the "2" modules, but something went wrong in the "3" modules to bring your overall predicted grade down.

Don't be sad at that, essentially it was your fault. Only you control what predicted grade you get. Having said that, there's no reason why you can't get an A* overall in the real thing.
What do you mean by that? :hmmm:

Yes, B for Biology, B for Chemistry, B for Physics.

That also implies you were good at the "1" modules and the "2" modules, but something went wrong in the "3" modules to bring your overall predicted grade down.

Don't be sad at that, essentially it was your fault. Only you control what predicted grade you get. Having said that, there's no reason why you can't get an A* overall in the real thing.

Ah! no need to be that harsh on me! :frown:

Ah! no need to be that harsh on me! :frown:

I wasn't being harsh, but being honest.
I wasn't being harsh, but being honest.

No need to be honest! :frown:

- on a more serious note, thanks =D

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending