The Student Room Group

Cambridge 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by fanfan
Definitely agree with u,it is petrifying.:eek::eek::eek:
I applied Downing for engineering.

Argh the 5th is getting close now as well :frown:. I'm torn between wanting to know and wanting to enjoy the possibility a little longer. How did your interviews go/when were they? I might have seen you there :tongue:.
Reply 41
why did someone neg rep my post? all i did was post my offer. it's a postgrad offer - for all you people who keep on negging my post - so the undergrad notification date doesn't apply to us.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Viceroy
why did someone neg rep my post? all i did was post my offer.

Maybe jealousy?
Why did all the original posts get negged? :confused: Haha, haters gonna-..................ah nevermind
Reply 44
Original post by Dude Where's My Username
Why did all the original posts get negged? :confused: Haha, haters gonna-..................ah nevermind

At a guess, people don't believe them because the official release date is jan 5th. It's probably different for international people though.
Reply 45
Original post by Lyam
At a guess, people don't believe them because the official release date is jan 5th. It's probably different for international people though.

Yeah, and for postgrad students.
Original post by Seham
Actually, that is not completely true. I am a graduate but the course I have applied for is an undergraduate course and I have an offer. :smile: It depends on the course and if the applicant is international (which does not apply to me).

I'm international and i've applied to St Catz for vet med but havent heard anything from them. my friends are also int'l, they've applied to various subjects, like comp sci, nat sci, architecture and we havent heard anything. we'll probably end up getting decision letters later than everyone else in the UK (i.e. a while after jan 5th)
Reply 47
Out of interest, did anyone's UCAS update when they got their offers?

And lots of my friends and I have also applied, as international students but haven't heard anything
I think it's simply a case of what the college you have applied to does.

St. Catz, King's, Christ's are all colleges which have stated that they're only going to send out decision letters in January, though I'm not sure about other colleges.

Good luck everyone!
Reply 48
Original post by Schnecke
Argh the 5th is getting close now as well :frown:. I'm torn between wanting to know and wanting to enjoy the possibility a little longer. How did your interviews go/when were they? I might have seen you there :tongue:.

My interview was on the 8th. My brain was absolutely blank at that time. I even cannot recall the questions they asked me. So the possibility for me is not very big,i guess.But, just like u, struggling between being desperate to know and enjoying the hope a little longer.:frown::tongue:

where else have u applied to?
Reply 49
Original post by Lyam

Is this an insightful observation about the Cambridge admissions process, or a light bit of xenophobia? I assume the former, but thought it might be worth checking.... :biggrin:
Reply 50
Original post by fanfan
My interview was on the 8th. My brain was absolutely blank at that time. I even cannot recall the questions they asked me. So the possibility for me is not very big,i guess.But, just like u, struggling between being desperate to know and enjoying the hope a little longer.:frown::tongue:

where else have u applied to?

Straight afterwards I felt quite positive about it, but I haven't wanted to think about them too much since, to the extent that I haven't even checked whether the answers I gave were correct (I applied to maths, so the right answers are out there somewhere). Don't worry, people always say those who thought their interviews were terrible generally do better :smile:.

I applied to Durham, Imperial, Warwick, and Edinburgh as well.
Reply 51
Does anybody know whether international students get e-mailed the decisions on the 5th? If so then do you need to 'request' for this? I really can't bear the thought of waiting an exta two weeks or so for the post...
Original post by mariakh
Does anybody know whether international students get e-mailed the decisions on the 5th? If so then do you need to 'request' for this? I really can't bear the thought of waiting an exta two weeks or so for the post...

nahh, no one really seems to know. i'm just gonna request to be told by email sometime close to the 5th...just to be on the safe side. :redface:
Reply 53
Original post by pink giggle
nahh, no one really seems to know. i'm just gonna request to be told by email sometime close to the 5th...just to be on the safe side. :redface:

Good idea =)
Which college are you?
Original post by mariakh
Good idea =)
Which college are you?

Christ's, you? what course did you apply for?
Reply 55
I'm doing Law at Jesus next year - had a deferred offer last year =) Maybe will come across someone who'll be joining me in the next couple of weeks!
Original post by wawa1906
I'm doing Law at Jesus next year - had a deferred offer last year =) Maybe will come across someone who'll be joining me in the next couple of weeks!

Jesus ftw

I should be starting PPS in Oct. if I get an offer :yy:
Reply 57
Original post by pink giggle

I would love to do that, but my college asked us in a letter not to send any emails, as the admissions office will be too busy. They definitely like to torture us.
Original post by qua
I would love to do that, but my college asked us in a letter not to send any emails, as the admissions office will be too busy. They definitely like to torture us.

Ah, that sucks for you. :frown:
Christ's had written on their website that if our letter will be significantly delayed than we are allowed to email admissions. So I'm taking that as an invitation for me to email seeing as my letter will be quite delayed. :biggrin:
Original post by fanfan

You put into words exactly how I'm feeling! By the way, my interview was on the 8th, too. :wink: Well, good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending