The Student Room Group

Why has Nobody Been to The Moon for Over Forty Years?

Scroll to see replies

i wonder if a station/hotel/house was built on the moon and people moved to the moon, then had children and raised the children until adulthood, would the children growth be affected by lack of gravity????? Or does gravity have no effwct on growth? I dont think it does.....
Original post by Aspiringlawstudent
Proof please.

I hadn't heard of any "scinetific experiments" that had resulted in that.

there are a lot of things you haven't heard of.

Its called being ignorant
Reply 62
Original post by GatsbyCrazy
because it's old news, lets visit the sun instead.

:gthumb:
Original post by bloomblaze
i wonder if a station/hotel/house was built on the moon and people moved to the moon, then had children and raised the children until adulthood, would the children growth be affected by lack of gravity????? Or does gravity have no effwct on growth? I dont think it does.....

lots of effect on bone growth and density.
One tangible result from experiemtns in space is the discovery that if you take bone growth medium (used to make new bone for those who have lost some (usually when a cancer has been removed)) and you spin it as it grows (applying an artificial gravity) it makes it much stronger.

They found this by looking at the bone density of astronauts before and after stints on the ISS.
Reply 64
To all those who don't believe in the moon landings: do you really think a conspiracy like that wouldn't have been exposed in over 40 years of investigations?

Why didn't the USSR say it was false? They're the ones who did everything else first [first satellite, first living thing, first man, first spacewalk] yet when they were beaten to the big one, they didn't complain or say it was made up. They had the means of proving it was real, and did.

Accept it, mankind actually did something for once.

[I'm saying nothing about some dodgy pictures though, they may well have been fiddled with]
Reply 65
You should delete the last 4 words of the title.
Original post by Cicerao
'cause they didn't go in the first place... /controversial :mmm:

About as controversial as the chicken or the egg.
Original post by Drewski
To all those who don't believe in the moon landings: do you really think a conspiracy like that wouldn't have been exposed in over 40 years of investigations?

Why didn't the USSR say it was false? They're the ones who did everything else first [first satellite, first living thing, first man, first spacewalk] yet when they were beaten to the big one, they didn't complain or say it was made up. They had the means of proving it was real, and did.

Accept it, mankind actually did something for once.

[I'm saying nothing about some dodgy pictures though, they may well have been fiddled with]

You know, a part of me dies on the inside when people say "but there are no stars on the moon photos".....

Hurrrderrrrrp much?
Original post by Kevin J
Because we don't have the technology. Never did.

:banghead:
Original post by Kevin J
Do people still believe that man landed on the moon?

Come on people.

I do hope your being a troll
Who says no one has?

Conspiraciess
No oil on the Moon.
Reply 72
Original post by lonelykatana
I do hope your being a troll

Why would I be trolling?
There's no oil there :P
Original post by Kevin J
Why would I be trolling?

Due to the anger you feel over how well you associate with your sig? :tongue:
The evidence of the moon landings is still observable today, there is no question that we went there, unless your desperation to believe in crackpot conspiracy theories leads you to ignore irrefutable scientific fact and logic.

I believe there were plans to return there that were damaged by budget cuts. But to repeat what most people have been saying, it is a very expensive and long operation which, it seems, NASA cannot justify carrying out.
Reply 76
the moon is sleeping!
Reply 77
Original post by accesstohe
Did man really visit the moon in 1969? Why haven't they been since?

Call me presumptuous if you like, but America and Russian were only running in the space race to beat each other and not for the sake of running...

It may be likely that the next mission to the moon will be either Chinese-backed, comercially-backed or a combination of the two.
Reply 78
US government doesn't see it as cost effective

Only recently Obama shelved funds for a NASA Mars mission.....

silly since millions can be spent maintaining over 1000 overseas military bases and wars in Iraq and Afghanistan eh?
Original post by Kevin J
Why would I be trolling?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending