The Student Room Group

Girls-if you saw a busker you really fancied, would you approach him?

Just wondering if it's because people are scared or maybe i'm just ugly?

Let me know, females :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Let me get this right. You go busking to pick up girls?
Pic please
Reply 3
Original post by Panda Bear

This, and let me guess. Are you in your 40s, posing younger, about to release an album and make it big as a musician? :holmes:
I have to admit, I think I'd be a little scared..
Original post by Peteo

Or because busking makes you appear poor. Might take talent but your still asking for people's spare change
Reply 6
Most buskers are perfectly nice people, hell they often own houses and have families and do it for the fun rather than the spare change, I know a couple and have a chat when I see them in town.
Original post by Dawson2010
Most buskers are perfectly nice people, hell they often own houses and have families and do it for the fun rather than the spare change, I know a couple and have a chat when I see them in town.

I don't doubt that. Just saying its not the way they would appear to people who don't know them
i wouldn't, don't know anyone who would.
erm no mainly because I don't like being approached in the street.
Original post by Peteo

no, wouldn't approach a busker, even if i fancied him
but i wouldn't approach a guy in a normal situation anyway :colondollar:
We once bought bouquets of roses and were giving flowers to strangers (looking back probably a little strange... but it was fun and there isn't much else to do in Winchester), and my friend gave a rose to a busker. He then invited her to one of his gigs...
Cute. They saw eachother for a bit but it didn't work out.

But so yeah, some girls clearly would.
Reply 12
Original post by Panda Bear

No LOL, I do it because I enjoy it and I need the cash.

Original post by FormerlyHistoryStudent
Pic please

Why lol? I didn't ask do you fancy me, I asked if you fancied the person would you approach them?

Original post by Roo Bix
This, and let me guess. Are you in your 40s, posing younger, about to release an album and make it big as a musician? :holmes:

I'm under half that age lol!

Original post by Ilovewords
I have to admit, I think I'd be a little scared..

Original post by moaty...it's gazza
Or because busking makes you appear poor. Might take talent but your still asking for people's spare change

Maybe true, but it's a fun way to make a little cash!

Original post by moaty...it's gazza
I don't doubt that. Just saying its not the way they would appear to people who don't know them

Maybe :/

Original post by Bubbles0ox
i wouldn't, don't know anyone who would.

Why not, what stops you? Fear of rejection?

Original post by xnatalie01x
erm no mainly because I don't like being approached in the street.

So because you don't like being approached in the street, you assume nobody else does?

Out of interest, why don't you like it?
Reply 13
Original post by jennifer.re
We once bought bouquets of roses and were giving flowers to strangers (looking back probably a little strange... but it was fun and there isn't much else to do in Winchester), and my friend gave a rose to a busker. He then invited her to one of his gigs...
Cute. They saw eachother for a bit but it didn't work out.

But so yeah, some girls clearly would.

Wow, your friend sounds awesome! She has lots of guts and I respect that! Hopefully she will see me when busking haha :rolleyes:
Original post by Peteo

Why not, what stops you? Fear of rejection?

No, fear of rape.
No, never.
Original post by Peteo
So because you don't like being approached in the street, you assume nobody else does?

Out of interest, why don't you like it?

I wouldn't say that. There's been loads of threads on this before but I'd say the majority of girls don't appreciate being approached in the street.

For me, I just don't like it, it feels like I'm being hounded. I'm much more at ease being approached in a bar /pub.
Reply 17
No.
Reply 18
Original post by Bubbles0ox
No, fear of rape.

How are you exactly going to get raped in a busy city centre where people busk? Quite an irrational fear, aye?

Original post by missygeorgia
No, never.

Why not?
Original post by Peteo
How are you exactly going to get raped in a busy city centre where people busk? Quite an irrational fear, aye?

Why not?

Why would I? I'm not desperate enough to make passes at random strangers in the street, whether they're good looking or not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending