The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lukas1051
I see where you're coming from, I like to shop at different stores too. In fact, I myself own a Superdry hooded t-shirt because I genuinely like it, it's a bit more than I'd normally pay, but you can't get them elsewhere. Owning one or two t-shirts isn't a big deal, I'm not attacking you personally, I just don't understand the people who ONLY shop at Superdry - they all look the same, and they clearly only care about the branding. They're the sort of people who annoy me.

I agree with you when it comes to branding.

I own a quite a bit of superdry stuff- it is about quality. I could have gone to somewhere like republic or Burton (seeing as they have similiar products in store), but with republic, I do find that some of the stuff aren't as good. Burton is decent.

I like Hollister- although the stores is quite horrible- full of ridiculously good looking people and quite dark. Although some of their stuff is really good.
Reply 61
Original post by lukas1051
I see where you're coming from, I like to shop at different stores too. In fact, I myself own a Superdry hooded t-shirt because I genuinely like it, it's a bit more than I'd normally pay, but you can't get them elsewhere. Owning one or two t-shirts isn't a big deal, I'm not attacking you personally, I just don't understand the people who ONLY shop at Superdry - they all look the same, and they clearly only care about the branding. They're the sort of people who annoy me.

I bought a jacket from Debenhams for 60 down from 80, and a jacket from Superdry for 145(sorry no pound sign) They are both of similar style and both jackets I really like. I would say the Superdry jacket is worth around 50 pounds more, which makes sense considering the RRP of the Debenhams one.
To me good quality comes in the actual fit of the jacket, and although my Debenhams jacket fits very well, the Superdry one fits like a glove. In conclusion:If you have the money definately shop at Superdry. You may be paying slightly more for the name but not a great deal imo.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Lamps08
I bought a jacket from Debenhams for 60 down from 80, and a jacket from Superdry for 145(sorry no pound sign) They are both of similar style and both jackets I really like. I would say the Superdry jacket is worth around 50 pounds more, which makes sense considering the RRP of the Debenhams one.
To me good quality comes in the actual fit of the jacket, and although my Debenhams jacket fits very well, the Superdry one fits like a glove. In conclusion:If you have the money definately shop at Superdry.

this.

It is about quality. Superdry offers this. I admit it is pricey but QUALITY.
Superdry is cool, though I fear the lesbians may steal it from us soon, just like they did with Bench.
Reply 64
Original post by The_Male_Melons
this.

It is about quality. Superdry offers this. I admit it is pricey but QUALITY.

Defo mate, I ALWAYS go for quality If I can. I'll get a pic of the jacket.
Good question.

As a person who has a wardrobe literally full of Superdry clothing, I feel as if it's getting way too common! I am currently in Germany at the moment and it is weird to see that people are walking around without the likes of A&F, Superdry etc.

Makes me wonder if I should just got for the basic clothing.

Nonetheless, Superdry is trendy, classy and stylish- in my opinion.
T-shirts are about 15-25

Not 50 :/
The only reason you dont like Superdry is because you cant afford it, if you could u would wear it and love it!
Doesn't even look great their jackets are pretty awful looking and tacky as well.
Original post by SuperDryDebate
The only reason you dont like Superdry is because you cant afford it, if you could u would wear it and love it!

Why would you bump this just to say that? Superdry is not even expensive, over-priced maybe, but certainly not expensive.
Reply 70
Lol "can't afford it", its a poor mans The North Face. Atleast TNF doesn't try to present itself as some hipster's outdoor clothing version of Uniqlo.
Homo
Why act Japanese when they are clearly not and for their prices the quality should be way better! The button on the men’s coat fell off after 3 days and the zipper on the women’s coat keeps getting caught!
at least it is ****ing cheaper than off-white
Reply 74
they were inspired by Japan..... the founders went to Japan and really liked the style and so tried to incorporate into a english style. They don't lie.
Reply 75
you don't know anything about the brand.....
Trust me when I say this, the bags are AMAZING it has lasted me 3 years and it is still doing well and was totally worth £35 which is hardly a lot for such a good bag!
Reply 77
Just checked out winter jackets across different brands and Superdry had the best ones to offer without doubt. Great price, great quality and looked so different from all other brands.
I think Superdry is a really good brand, the clothes last a long time and are made of amazing quality
Reply 79
I was looking at some of the past comments about SuperDry being pricey... I think not any more. Their current prices are very competitive even without any discount.

Latest