The Student Room Group

The Daily Telegraph: Muslim population has grown from 1.65m to 2.87m in a decade

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by tieyourmotherdown
There's nothing immediately wrong with it growing, but the long term problems are that Muslims tend to hold ve conservative views on social issues and in particular, homosexuality. The UK has become an incredibly tolerant country socially over the past decade, but an increase in Islamic beliefs will inevitably lead to more homophobia, and quite possibly more violence.

It wouldn't be so bad if British Muslims were more adjusted to our culture, like they are on the continent (German and French muslims were significantly more liberal on homosexuality, abortion and divorce when compared to British muslims), but the trouble is that they're not, and when the muslim population grows at such a high rate, that does pose a problem.

There's nothing wrong with having more muslims, but there is something wrong with the consequences it may have if they don't adjust to our culture.

How is homosexuality ascertained in Islam?
Quite saddened by this article. I have read the Daily Telegraph at times (more of a The Times person, myself), this article certainly surprises me.

Muslims only make up less than 2%. Even then, what is the problem? Why should we care whether a person is Jewish, Christian, Muslim or even a whale worshipper? It is about who they are as a person.
Reply 42
Original post by Sakujo
So has the population of every other group in Britain as, you know, Britain's population in general has increased in the last decade.

LOL the guy in your sig is a professional troll. Hilarious.
well im sorry if we are doing it like rabbits lol. if the native brits want to grow rapidly aswell just make love to every other person in the street without contraception lol then maybe youre numbers will grow better than the muslims lol
Original post by tieyourmotherdown
There's nothing immediately wrong with it growing, but the long term problems are that Muslims tend to hold very conservative views on social issues and in particular, homosexuality. The UK has become an incredibly tolerant country socially over the past decade, but an increase in Islamic beliefs will inevitably lead to more homophobia, and quite possibly more violence.

It wouldn't be so bad if British Muslims were more adjusted to our culture, like they are on the continent (German and French muslims were significantly more liberal on homosexuality, abortion and divorce when compared to British muslims), but the trouble is that they're not, and when the muslim population grows at such a high rate, that does pose a problem.

There's nothing wrong with having more muslims, but there is something wrong with the consequences it may have if they don't adjust to our culture.

Yes, I see your point, however, Islam is against violence. I, myself am a Muslim but I have many homosexual friends, I would err judge them on their sexuality, in fact I have a Muslim friend who is bisexual. I can see your point but homosexuality is not just a problem some Muslims may have, many non-Muslims have caused violence against homosexuals, it's a problem some people have universally, regardless of their religion. Islam also accepts divorce, it may be against abortion generally but so are other religions, in some circumstances abortion is actually accepted, no Muslim I know would ever judge anyone, or cause violence against other because of their views.
I agree there is a few nutters who do not follow Islam and preach their own twisted hatred.

Don't generalise.

So a few Muslims are having babies like other people. The population of the UK is growing.

I am sure Muslims only make up 2%. How did 5.1% come about?

Why is the growth alarming?

Like I say, I don't care who is muslim, christian or jewish or a whale worshipper? Who cares what religion a person follows?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 46
Why everyone so liberal on TSR?? THey muslims need to get out of this country. there is way too many!

Sometimes it feels like im walking around india. Go back to your curry houses. and take those Pakis and Blacks with you too
Reply 47
Original post by dcspike
Why everyone so liberal on TSR?? THey muslims need to get out of this country. there is way too many!

Sometimes it feels like im walking around india. Go back to your curry houses. and take those Pakis and Blacks with you too

you ignorant prick

my dad got hired by a company here to work so he was called here and he still works for that company.

if all, pakis, indians and blacks went back youd be without skilled hard working people lets n ot forget mostof your doctors in hospitals are foreign polish,pakistani,indian,african and arab.

and as for curry isn't that like the second favbpurite food of britain after fish and chips.
Original post by loafer
Yet another thread which has descended into Muslims arguing against everyone else.

Stop chatting out your arse. Most people in this thread are either indifferent or bickering with --------.

:rolleyes:
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 49
If the point of this thread is to point out the dramatic increase in population, then let me say that Muslims are not allowed to use contraception so each time they have sex: they have a baby. Simple.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by loafer
Yet another thread which has descended into Muslims arguing against everyone else.

If people belittle us and start threads that are offensive what can you expect? We are humans too! I don't agree with all the hatin'!
Original post by Tempa
If the point of this thread is to point out the dramatic increase population, then let me say that Muslims are not allowed to use contraception so each they have sex: they have a baby. Simple.

Contraception is allowed in Islam :biggrin:
Reply 52
whats wrong with it grwoing, it's not only growing in britain but all over the world with up to 1.5 billion muslims, mostly converting from christianity and judaism

telegraph which is government run propoganda to instigate hatred and tension between communities.
Reply 53
I would have thought a lot of Muslims being socially conservative would be natural supporters of the Telegraph and the Tories. But they seem to be at odds with them but they both support things like against gays, pro marriage, family values and religious observance.
Original post by JW92
:dontknow: I see it much the same as the huge influxes of Irish Catholic immigrants we've had in this country (albeit on a much smaller scale...). I have friends from Irish Catholic stock, who live in Irish areas and went through the Catholic school system but nonetheless find their grandparents' attitudes towards contraception, homosexuality and Protestantism utterly laughable.

I think it's a little presumptuous to extrapolate one community's evolution through generation across all communities' - i.e. this theory doesn't always apply
Original post by Maker
I would have thought a lot of Muslims being socially conservative would be natural supporters of the Telegraph and the Tories. But they seem to be at odds with them but they both support things like against gays, pro marriage, family values and religious observance.

Most Muslims tend to support the Labour Party and read the Guardian.

However, I am an anomaly, read the Times and support strongly the tory party.
Reply 56
Original post by Tempa
If the point of this thread is to point out the dramatic increase in population, then let me say that Muslims are not allowed to use contraception so each time they have sex: they have a baby. Simple.

complete lie
it was the christian pope who condemed the use of contraception i.e condom until this year.

so get your facts right before you say ****
Does that number count all the Muslims that are over here illegally too?
Reply 58
Original post by jismith1989
Actually, the evidence shows that such people are much more likely to be second- or third- generation. Presumably because they want to try and reconnect with a culture that they have little direct experience of, and so may see extremism as more "authentic".

that's a really interesting point actually, I've always assumed it would be the first generation but thinking about it my parents have never sat around the kitchen table hatching a plan to bomb a Christmas tree or something, hahaha
i think it would more likely be the third generation though
I'm the second generation i still feel quite ' connected' to my culture - I've never felt the urge to be extreme

shi*, I've just realise that my children could potentially fall under that category :|
haahha
Reply 59
The state needs to cut benefits after two children and reach out to oppressed members of society e.g. women who are not allowed to learn English, get a proper education or a job.

Quick Reply

Latest