The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Whats the one u use now?
Reply 2961
Any help with rooting? Been trying to do it with my Nexus S, but it's super complicated. It's especially annoying considering I wanted to mod Widgetlocker.
Original post by blueray
Whats the one u use now?

Just the email app that came with the desire.
Reply 2963
Original post by LetoKynes
Hey guys, just picked up my Android device about a week ago and it came with a 3gb FUP.

I've been looking at my unbilled use on the My T-Mobile site and for some reason there seems to be random charges under "Mobile Data Usage". For most of the items there is a base cost, but then a billed cost of 0. But every once in a while the base cost doesn't seem to be "waived", so to say.

I haven't been out of the UK (or Scotland for that matter) since getting the phone.

Under mobile network settings I have already unchecked Data roaming. T-Mobile Internet is selected as my access point.

Where are these charges coming from and how can I stop them? :frown: It adds up to about 5 pounds now.. it's not too bad but it'll add up if I don't put a stop to this now :s-smilie:

Might want to ring them up about that.
Original post by Installation
Just the email app that came with the desire.

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/10-best-alternative-android-apps-704145

try this 10 best ones :wink:
thumbs if you like any :colondollar:
Original post by Addzter
Meh, not too bad I guess. I get marginally more on my iPhone, but I charge than when I get home every day anyway. How does it perform? Does Flash work well?

Performance -

-Very snappy
-Apps open very quickly, I can't remember the last time I had to wait to do anything.
-Have a huge numer of apps running at the same time due to the 800mb of RAM, I seem to always have 100mb+ available.
-Smooth scrolling across homescreens and across OS though not as buttery smooth as on window phone 7
-Doesn't lag in games at all due to adreno 205

Flash

-Great to be able to stream of sites, e.g I stream Bloomberg
-Sometime it can lag if you don't have a good connection, when on wifi it's great
-Normal websites with flash banners and everything it's still quick
-On youtube as long as you don't watch 1080p videos it doesn't lag
Original post by yoyo462001

Performance -

-Very snappy
-Apps open very quickly, I can't remember the last time I had to wait to do anything.
-Have a huge numer of apps running at the same time due to the 800mb of RAM, I seem to always have 100mb+ available.
-Smooth scrolling across homescreens and across OS though not as buttery smooth as on window phone 7

Flash

-Sometime it can lag if you don't have a good connection, when on wifi it's great

I only a 100mb available when I kill everything :frown:

Oh well, I will be getting a new phone this year and will probably wait till after MWC
Original post by blueray

Liked the look of chromsms, I like the HTC one but I think I'll give it a shot.
Original post by wizard710

Which phone is that?

Which phone is that?

Galaxy S 2 is rumoured to be announced there and I guess there will be a strong prescence from the other manufacturers all eager to release Tegra 2 and other dual core chips etc
Original post by Captain92

Original post by Captain92
I just got a HTC Wildfire yesterday :biggrin:

Welcome to the dark side :colone:
Original post by wizard710
Galaxy S 2 is rumoured to be announced there and I guess there will be a strong prescence from the other manufacturers all eager to release Tegra 2 and other dual core chips etc

Can't wait, I'm personally more interested in new screen tech, hopefully high res super super AMOLED!
not been following phone market for a while but what are there any promising releases come july 2011?
Original post by G8D
I'll tell you after CES.

ces?

still dunno what it is but i look forward to your update :p:

ure part of the CES! Wow :eek: thats amazing
Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
still dunno what it is but i look forward to your update :p:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumer_Electronics_Show
Performance -

-Very snappy

Flash

Hmm, I might just get rid of my iPhone tomorrow then, depending on how spontaneous I feel... :p:
Original post by Addzter

Original post by Addzter
Hmm, I might just get rid of my iPhone tomorrow then, depending on how spontaneous I feel... :p:

As much as I think that's the best option I'd definitely wait till after CES!
As much as I think that's the best option I'd definitely wait till after CES!

I guess so. A dual core phone would probably be worth waiting for.
Reply 2979
Hey!!!
I might be getting the samsung galaxy S for my birthday! But is it really a good phone and worth that price?

Latest

Trending

Trending