The Student Room Group

Girls (and maybe guys) - how much does/did your virginity mean to you?

Poll

How much does your virginity mean to you?

Title. :smile:

And for girls (and maybe guys :tongue:) who are nervous about losing it - what did you do/what can you do to make it easier? What can your partner do too?

:smile:
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Nothing at all.
Reply 2
Not much, not like some of my friends who feel/felt they're branded with a huge V on their forehead.
Reply 3
Sentimental nonsense. You'll save it for someone 'special' and probably end up hating him forever, sooner or later.
Reply 4
I guess first-time sex possibly means more, in general, to girls than guys because they're in the more vulnerable position - the girl could feel pain, or bleed, or something.
Reply 5
I never really thought about it.. But I'm not one to regret the past. Don't make the same mistake as me though.. The only thing you can do is wait til you're in a relationship where you feel comfortable with your partner. It's soo much better :smile:
Original post by jeh_jeh
I guess first-time sex possibly means more, in general, to girls than guys because they're in the more vulnerable position - the girl could feel pain, or bleed, or something.

What can she (and the guy) do to make it easier? :smile:
To make things nice for the both of you, wait until you're comfortable with each other :smile: Don't rush!!
Reply 8
Absolutely nothing. I'm a virgin and all of my friends who know really don't care, and one even said he wished he still was because of all the hassle sex brought him and it doesn't change your life any.
Reply 9
wait until your married, thats how you show respect for yourself
Reply 10
At the least before I did lose my virginity I didn't expect to lose it at some party completely out of it drunk, wouldn't have been a great memory (which didn't happen thankfully anyway)
Reply 11
Original post by ChestHair&SmallTum
What can she (and the guy) do to make it easier? :smile:

Not really sure what can be said on TSR with regards to sex and potential 'tips', but:

1. Relax, and make sure you're totally comfortable with each other.
2. Go REALLY slowly.
3. Use condoms[or other reliable form of contraception] - nothing kills the moment more than thinking you could get pregnant at any moment!
4. Keep towels near by in case there's any blood.

And just don't stress about it.
Not a lot.
Original post by Nicki.B
I never really thought about it.. But I'm not one to regret the past. Don't make the same mistake as me though.. The only thing you can do is wait til you're in a relationship where you feel comfortable with your partner. It's soo much better :smile:

I'm male, but thanks for the response. She loves me, I love her, she trusts me, I trust her, it's a great relationship on the whole, though LDR, but she's just still very nervous about the concept.

We've both waited a while and though it feels like the right time, once we get into such contact (which we hardly do :frown:), we'll have sex. The idea is quite frightening for her still, and the only thing that makes it easier for her is knowing that I love her a lot and she'll be losing it to me - which is quite sweet of her. :smile:

Just want to know, what exactly in the bed will make it easier for her; go slow? kiss her lots? talk to her? go on top? lots of foreplay? lube?

Suggestions welcome. :smile:
Reply 14
Nevermind what I said! Just let it happen. Don't rush it, lots of foreplay, get her comfortable and really worked up. Let her decide what position she is most comfortable in. Some girls like to be the one on top the first time, others just prefer the guy to be in control!
(edited 13 years ago)
Enough so that I wouldn't lose it, drunk, on a street corner with a girl who claimed to be 17 then said she was 14. I ran away.
Reply 16
My virginity meant nothing to me. I was the last in my group of friends to lose it and just wanted to get rid of it really, felt like a little kid compared to all my friends. So I lost it to someone who i didn't even like, who certainly didn't like me and now I like to pretend it never happened and count my second time as my first time. I wish I had waited but it's not like it ruined my life or anything! You live and learn.
Reply 17
I couldn't wait to lose it.
Reply 18

I was born a virgin.

And as soon I as I got out my mum's vagina, I knew I had to lose it as soon as possible.
Reply 19
I just wanted to get it out of the way so I was less nervous the next time! It wasn't a particularly enjoyable experience but once you get it over and done with you can work on making it better the next time!

Don't put too much pressure on yourself

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending