The Student Room Group

Got all my offers, but....

So I got all 5 of my offers a while back for Computer Science/Year in Industry (G401). I'm currently studying the BTEC National Diploma for IT Practitioners and have been predicted DDD. Below are my offers:

1) Loughborough University, Leicestershire - DDD (Conditional)
2) Aston University, Birmingham - DDD (Conditional)
3) City University, London - DDM (Conditional)
4) Queen Mary, London - DDD (Distinction in every Unit) (Conditional)
5) Leicester University, Leicester - DDD (Unsuccessful)

Currently I'm quite unsure of what universities I should put as my firm and as my insurance. In the next coming months I will be visiting the universities that have given me offers on their department open days.

I would really appreciate it, if you TSR users could give me some input on my situation as I get bias responses from my family and friends. I also plan to move out of London for the four year period :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
move out? do you mean like next year or after you graduate? cause QMU and City Uni could be out of the picture.
Reply 2
Loughborough firm, City insurance
Reply 3
Either Loughborough or Queen Mary :yep:
I agree with the 3rd post.
Unfortunate about Leicester because it's a really nice uni but if i were you i would put loughborough as my firm and city as my insurance

the only problem i would have about loughborough is that its really small but thats just me
If you plan to move out of London surely it's just a case of Aston vs Loughborough. I would go with Loughborough but the choice is down to you- the departmental open days should clear any doubts you have.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by arsenal22
S I also plan to move out of London :smile:

hey :smile: good win last night :biggrin:
on topic if you plan to move out wouldn't it jst be between loughborough and aston? i reckon loughborough would be better they did win student experience 4 yrs in a row so (Y) i reckon it'll be my firm as well :biggrin:
Firm Loughborough, insure City university. Hopefully you'll get a chance to visit Loughborough I'm sure they invite all successful applicants to an open day? If you choose to attend, I shall be seeing you next September!
Reply 9
I agree with the others, firm Loughborough and maybe Queen Mary?
You should definitely insure City.
Reply 10
Original post by monkeyDace
move out? do you mean like next year or after you graduate? cause QMU and City Uni could be out of the picture.

I meant I plan to move out for the whole four years :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by accesstohe
Loughborough firm, City insurance

Thank you for your input :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by ussumane
Either Loughborough or Queen Mary :yep:

Thank you for your input :smile:, not quite sure about QMUL though.
Reply 13
Original post by Mr_Muffin_Man
Unfortunate about Leicester because it's a really nice uni but if i were you i would put loughborough as my firm and city as my insurance

the only problem i would have about loughborough is that its really small but thats just me

Yeah I know, it was my 1st choice as well, but oh well :smile:...That's the thing, most of my friends said the same thing that Loughborough is really small. But yeah I was also thinking about putting City as my insurance. Thank you for your input :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by kbountra
If you plan to move out of London surely it's just a case of Aston vs Loughborough. I would go with Loughborough but the choice is down to you- the departmental open days should clear any doubts you have.

I know, I'm really looking forward to the departmental open days so it can really help me with my decision. Thank you for your input :smile:
Reply 15
BTEC = fail
Reply 16
Is D like ABCD, or Distinction?
Reply 17
Original post by Planar
BTEC = fail

Erm, how about no, I've previously done A-Levels so allow trying to par me off. Looks like i'll definately be going university next year with my grades. Dunno about you mate, so piss off! kmt
Reply 18
Original post by Speckle
Is D like ABCD, or Distinction?

D is a Distinction which is equivalent to an A. My predicted grade is DDD which is equivalent to AAA in A-Level terms.
Reply 19
Original post by IanLim93
hey :smile: good win last night :biggrin:
on topic if you plan to move out wouldn't it jst be between loughborough and aston? i reckon loughborough would be better they did win student experience 4 yrs in a row so (Y) i reckon it'll be my firm as well :biggrin:

Cheers man! and thank you for your input :smile:

Quick Reply