The Student Room Group

"I go to parties sober and have tons of fun"

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
time to watch some jersey shore.
If we're having a party, I always come sober. Then I start drinking.

But I get what you mean. It's much more fun at a party/in the club if you and everyone else is drunk.
Reply 42
To be fair, I have like 10 times more fun when I'm completely wasted. Until I throw up over the girl I was gonna bring back to mine
I've never understood why people have such a problem with this. You get people who are not drinking because they are driving or on tablets and they make such a thing about it "OMG I'm not drunk Im so miserable" and keep going on about the fact that they aren't drinking.

A few weeks ago I was staying over at some mates and had to be up at 7am for a 8 hour bus ride the next day, I get carsick at the best of times so there was no way I was going to drink before that, my mates were going out so I just went fair enough I'll come and not drink alcohol, I stayed up all night and then got on the bus and slept there. I didn't notice the lack of alcohol, the music was good, it was more like a full on dancing session really. When I'd got back and was recounting what I'd done at the weekend, this other guy goes "what and you didn't drink? I just wouldn't have gone out if I couldn't drink". FFS.

If people don't want to drink who cares, they don't have to....if people do want to drink thats fair enough as well, as long as they don't act a knob it doesn't bother me either way...
Reply 44
I agree, it's the worst when everyone around you is drunk and you're the only sober one :frown: I'm not saying I like to be drunk enough to forget everything and throw up, but being tipsy i've found is so much more fun then being sober at parties! :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
oh dear god another 'what is the world coming to' preacher, blimey get over yourself,

seriously do you think that from the point that alcohol was discovered that it was used sensibly until recently. you're a classic example of someone who has no idea how society is. just another one of those people that like to pretend their sensible and know everything, are mega up themselves and are too scared to just do something stupid every now and then.

She's only 13/14 too o_O
I don't drink everytime I go out, and can have fun without it.. you always get the odd prick who can't drink and makes a fuss about being sober. When I organised my school prom back in June loads of people were complaining about not being able to drink there, and it was a bit like...get a GRIP. People who need drink to have a good time are not my type of people tbh, but I'm not saying I don't drink. Alcohol is fun, if you know your limits!
I've had a couple of my best nights whilst sober this term, and at both most other people were drinking. However, neither were club situations (one was drinking games at a friends house, the other was a ball). Since I passed my test, most of the house parties I've gone to at home are sober for me, as I drive there and back. I enjoy some of them; for me it depends more on the company and the party itself.

I don't really enjoy clubbing when I start to sober up, particularly if it's very crowded. That said, I've had some great nights clubbing whilst drinking too, but usually for it to stay good I need to stay at least tipsy for the majority of the night.
Reply 47
It completely depends. Most of the best times of my life have been completely sober, and I definitely prefer it to be being really drunk. However, going clubbing sober is rubbish, though that says more about going clubbing than being sober! Also, if you're at a party where you're the only sober one and everyone else is off their faces it's not exactly fun. Generally though, being sober is better than being drunk.

What I hate is when people go to festivals and spend their entire time drunk or on drugs - you pay so much money for the ticket and then spend it at the tent drinking. You could do that in the back garden. I just don't see the appeal - I'd rather go to the bands and other performers, have a few drinks just because I like the taste and social drinking is nice, not get so paralytic that I end up missing everything.
Reply 48
Being sober just makes you realise that the night is a bit **** more quickly.
There are people who go to parties and don't drink and enjoy themselves. In my experience, these people are usually bat**** crazy - the type of people you wouldn't let near alcohol anyway.

The majority of non-drinkers just tend to get bored at parties and stand in a corner on their mobile phones or something.

This is just what i have observed.
Reply 50
Depends on your mood.

I can have fun when I'm sober, but it's a lot more effort than when I'm drinking. You have to be in the mood for going out to actually enjoy it.

Whereas when you're drinking, you can just drink the ****tiness away, until it becomes awesome.
Original post by Bslforever
There are people who go to parties and don't drink and enjoy themselves. In my experience, these people are usually bat**** crazy - the type of people you wouldn't let near alcohol anyway.

:rofl:

I've never understood the 'drink to make the night fun' mentality, then again, I know some pretty boring people for whom it seems to be the only cure. I don't drink and I always have a really good time at parties (...and remember it all the next day).
Original post by Retrospect
:rofl:

I've never understood the 'drink to make the night fun' mentality, then again, I know some pretty boring people for whom it seems to be the only cure. I don't drink and I always have a really good time at parties (...and remember it all the next day).

I think some people find social situations like parties difficult and therefore drink to be able to ease themselves into what would otherwise be an awkward party.

I never drink too much at parties, because you only end up looking like a right prat and making a fool of yourself.
Reply 53
funnest night of my life when i went to a party sober...until I had to look after everybody chundering...
Reply 54
as long as i can dance to good music, i'm having a good time. don't care who's drunk and who isn't around me.
Reply 55
Like I said in a thread relating to this one, alot of people rely on alcohol as a means to raise their confidence, and lower their inhibitions.

Other people, albeit the minority, don't require alcohol for the same purpose.
Reply 56
I've never drank at a party therefore I don't know the difference between what it's like. I don't feel I'm missing out if I don't know any different. :dontknow:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by im so academic
What has become of society if you actually need to become drunk to have fun. :facepalm2:

A bit of alcohol - fair enough, but to get absolutely wasted? Well, if you get liver disease, that's your fault. (Not implying everyone who regularly gets drunk will get liver disease).

Hang on, aren't you about 12? What position are you in to judge?
You can have fun while sober but it is harder to no doubting that. Unless your personality is naturally active/kind of hyper, you probably won't dance as much, have a laugh, feel less intimidated in approaching girls etc. as let's face it you don't go to parties/clubs to have a chat and crack some jokes with your mates as most of them are too pissed to do so while dancing, so you'll feel the need to follow along.
Reply 59
What is most annoying is people who say "I go to parties sober and have tons of fun" like they are better than you.

People who don't drink and have fun are cool, but command no more respect from me than any other person.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending