The Student Room Group

wasting my life

i dont go school i'm trying to find a job.to make days shorter i sleep as much as possible.I wake up at around 11. 1hour of breakfast coffee etc..
then from 12-7pm i do NOTHING..literally nothing just sleep of boredom sometimes..i cant get my head around revising
then 7pm-2am i watch T.V.

and that is the story of my life for the past 5 months..
6 in january which is in a few days..

i dont know what advice i'm looking for either.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
i dont go school i'm trying to find a job.to make days shorter i sleep as much as possible.I wake up at around 11. 1hour of breakfast coffee etc..
then from 12-7pm i do NOTHING..literally nothing just sleep of boredom sometimes..i cant get my head around revising
then 7pm-2am i watch T.V.

and that is the story of my life for the past 5 months..
6 in january which is in a few days..

i dont know what advice i'm looking for either.

What kind of work are you looking for?
Reply 2
Original post by Chengis
Get a grip dude.
Make a timetable of study and stick to it.
Switch of the computer or TV and don't turn it on!

It's time to go cold-turkey.
If you get distracted go outside for a few mins and come back, clear your head.

Just be motivated and say to yourself..'IF I CARRY ON LIKE THIS I WILL END UP AS A BURDEN TO MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY, I WILL BE A NO-BODY'

Good luck mate.

I know i know i know..it's just that i'm scared to gout now..the last time i went out was aroun 23 days ago to the post office..
it's turning into a phobia..i dont have family or friends but i MUST go out even if it's just for a walk..
nothing's motivating me..
I cant find any centre to retake my GCSE's so as a result i dont revise..which is.. wrong of me
I've tried switching computer&tV off and end up listening music for hours or fallin asleep :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by ctarling
What kind of work are you looking for?

sales assistant..
Reply 4
how do you get food if you don't go out?
sales assistant..

Retail jobs are quite hard to hard to find imo, but i guess it depends where you live. Isn't there anything else you're intrested in? admin work, call centres... some of these pay better than retail shops :smile:
Reply 6
Why don't you apply for College next year.
Reply 7
Original post by Roo Bix

Who is that gimp in your sig? Starting to piss me off
Reply 8
I know i know i know..it's just that i'm scared to gout now..the last time i went out was aroun 23 days ago to the post office..
it's turning into a phobia..i dont have family or friends but i MUST go out even if it's just for a walk..
nothing's motivating me..
I cant find any centre to retake my GCSE's so as a result i dont revise..which is.. wrong of me
I've tried switching computer&tV off and end up listening music for hours or fallin asleep :frown:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T5NUB1vyu4
I usually listen to this when I feel like that! Sorry if it's not your sort of thing.

Just getting outside, doing some exercise or taking up a new hobby are all great ways to get out of a slump. They can also be great ways to meet new people, which it sounds like you need to do too.

sales assistant..

Well a lot of students are about to go back to university over the next few weeks, so they'll be leaving some vacancies. Send out some CVs and if you're lucky, you might get an interview.
Reply 9
dude are you unhappy?
i think you need to see the doctor
i know that's a typical response to get but in your situation, it really sounds like you do need to see one
Reply 10
Original post by Gemma2010

Meals of on wheels. :tongue:
Reply 11
Original post by Lamps08
Who is that gimp in your sig? Starting to piss me off

pfft it's simon.
simon > you.
Reply 12
go and work at Mcdonalds or any other local supermarket.
Original post by bluemax
go and work at Mcdonalds or any other local supermarket.

Never knew McDonald's was a supermarket.
Original post by Lust of a Gardener
Never knew McDonald's was a supermarket.

The arm of McDonalds operating in the UK falls into the same class as many supermarkets are also in for various reasons (tax/health/boring shizz)
Reply 15
wow, sounds really lonely :/

and also.. you say you cant get round to revising...revise for what? :|

Go out, meet people, get facebook and make friends lol, catch up with old friends, anythingg :/ start going to the gym/get a hobby/ etc.
Reply 16
Original post by Gemma2010

my mum buys it.
Reply 17
Original post by missgeorgia
Retail jobs are quite hard to hard to find imo, but i guess it depends where you live. Isn't there anything else you're intrested in? admin work, call centres... some of these pay better than retail shops :smile:

I've put my CV online for display and i've selected a few jovs such as caring call centre's as you've mentioned above i get news to my e-mail if anything comes up..so far i've heard of nowhere..
M&S in Brent cross are looking for a sales assistant and i've aplied but not heard back..the thing is they're still looking for an assitant so i guess i got rejected..
I've done a CV before so maybe itw asrubbish :frown:
I hope like you say people will drop out of job because of school and i'll find one :smile:
at least i'll have a social life.
Reply 18
Original post by Roo Bix

I am. I left 6th form end of november due to being unhappy with school,friends,lessons..i'm planning to go somewhere else next year.
Meanwhile however I've been sitting in my room for the last month not doing anyhting..
i fear it's going to be like this till september...i wont be able to go out let alone school.
Original post by ctarling
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T5NUB1vyu4
I usually listen to this when I feel like that! Sorry if it's not your sort of thing.

Just getting outside, doing some exercise or taking up a new hobby are all great ways to get out of a slump. They can also be great ways to meet new people, which it sounds like you need to do too.

Well a lot of students are about to go back to university over the next few weeks, so they'll be leaving some vacancies. Send out some CVs and if you're lucky, you might get an interview.

That song is awesome.. really made me happy! Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending