The Student Room Group

Kids playing ball on wall

Scroll to see replies

(I doubt you'd need permission for a bit of trellis, it wouldn't even touch the floor).

I think its because I have a car park right near my wall, It will take up a little pavement space.
Reply 21
Kids will kick balls against walls from open areas - it's the 5th law of thermodynamics.

never live in a house that's got a wall facing onto an open area.
Reply 22
Original post by Joinedup
Kids will kick balls against walls from open areas - it's the 5th law of thermodynamics.

never live in a house that's got a wall facing onto an open area.

:confused: What about a road? lol.
Can you get a 'no ball games' sign put up?

Although that seems a bit harsh :s-smilie:
Original post by sandys1000
Can you get a 'no ball games' sign put up?

Although that seems a bit harsh :s-smilie:

There is one! though I cant see why sign would scare away the kids. has anyone ever told you that you talk rubbish?
Reply 25
Original post by dothestrand
Go out there and steal their ball. Or try to engage them in pleasant conversation, it'll confuse the hell out of them and they'll never come back.

THIS.
Original post by youngbuck.craig
There is one! though I cant see why sign would scare away the kids. has anyone ever told you that you talk rubbish?

Well they can be legally enforceable.
Reply 27
This problem is why 'no ball games' signs were invented.

once upon a time we had a thing called 'beat bobbies' which was a lot like a policeman/woman except it had evolved to survive outside a car/police station.
apparently it'd go round telling kids to behave themselves (in clear breach of said kids human rights!!!)

Things are much better these days - the statistics show station bound police officer on the phone can issue crime numbers to victims of petty vandalism and anti-social behaviour far more efficiently than the 'beat bobby' ever could!
Original post by youngbuck.craig
My house is on a row with neighbours on the left but nothing other than a little car park on the right. Kids often kick their football against my wall (and other peoples walls) . I can hear the thud ''thud'' in my living room from the sound of the ball hammering the wall. I/we have approached these youngsters more times than need be but they don't seem to get the message. what can be done about it?

I feel your pain. I lived in halls next to a vietnamese girl who didn't speak english so I couldn't even tell her to stop... she threw a tennis ball against our shared wall, without fail between 1am-4am. Surprised I didn't throw her out the window.
Kick a wrecking ball against their homes, see how they like that (and the lack of a home).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending