The Student Room Group

When does flirting get too much?

For those of you who are in/have been in relationships where do you draw the line on your boyfriend/girlfriend flirting?
How much is harmless and where does it get to be too much? Would/have any of you left your partners due to flirting?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It's simple really, when your partner pays more attention to others of the same gender more than you.
It gets too much when you it causes you to post a thread on tsr. If you was fine with it, this thread would not exist.
Reply 3
Original post by Roo Bix
It's simple really, when your partner pays more attention to others of the same gender more than you.

So do you think a one-off huge blunder is acceptable?
Reply 4
Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude
It gets too much when you it causes you to post a thread on tsr. If you was fine with it, this thread would not exist.

You might be right :frown:
Reply 5
Original post by Soph1990

Has someone been cheating?

Naughty naughty! :ahee:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
For me even light flirting pisses me off. If it is persistent I'd dump her. But thats just me (I'm extremely jealous).
Reply 7

Can you elaborate?
Reply 8
Original post by Roo Bix
Can you elaborate?

My boyfriend has a girl mate he admitted to fancying while we weren't together, he messaged her telling her he'd had a dream and she was in it..
she replied annoyingly saying "ooh what was I wearing"....I saw this and asked if he replied, he said no, later I found out he had replied saying "You weren't wearing much at all, and it looked so good!" :frown:
Reply 9
You might be right :frown:

Aren't you the girl who is in like a five/six year relationship? Why don't you just talk to him?
Reply 10

If someone was able to flirt with my girl in front of me.

They'd have to be REALLY arrogant/cocky.

And have a knife on them.
no flirting at all.
ugh.
Reply 12
Original post by Converse
Aren't you the girl who is in like a five/six year relationship? Why don't you just talk to him?

I am, and I have spoken to him about it, but I can't help but feel so let down, I'm just wondering if im letting the length of the relationship stop me from reacting to it like I really should.
My boyfriend has a girl mate he admitted to fancying while we weren't together, he messaged her telling her he'd had a dream and she was in it..
she replied annoyingly saying "ooh what was I wearing"....I saw this and asked if he replied, he said no, later I found out he had replied saying "You weren't wearing much at all, and it looked so good!" :frown:

:eek: I wouldn't be very happy tbh.

Have you talked to him about it?

Edit: Don't worry about it, I've just seen the above post.
Reply 14
nah it doesnt bother me at all. im quite a big flirt so it would be hypocritical of me :/ as long as he doesnt cheat im fine with it!
Reply 15

Yeah, I wouldn't be too impressed Soph. It's not exactly his fault he dreamed about her. But it's what he chose to do afterwards, which was explicitly tell her about it.
Original post by Yawn11
If someone was able to flirt with my girl in front of me.

They'd have to be REALLY arrogant/cocky.

And have a knife on them.

Damn it.. you have reached the number of posts you can rep...
Reply 17
Original post by PaperSnowAGhost!
Damn it.. you have reached the number of posts you can rep...

I've been gettint this quote a lot recently.. :frown:
Reply 18
I'd be furious. Light flirting bothers me, but I don't say anything about it. But if he pretty much tells another girl he had a sex dream about her, I'd be like "Cool, then go **** her because you can't have me anymore."
Reply 19
I am, and I have spoken to him about it, but I can't help but feel so let down, I'm just wondering if im letting the length of the relationship stop me from reacting to it like I really should.

And this is a problem, have you let your guard down?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending