The Student Room Group

I am too SCARED to start revision.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
:frown:
This is the stuff that makes me glad to be taking a year out
Original post by turbo64
How many exams do you have lol? :biggrin:

Just the two. However these are end of pre clinical medical school exams. So thats every major system, pathology, histology, Endocrinology, Genetics, Health Psychology, Microscopy, Immunology, Pharmocology....I could go on :h:

Panicking is futile though. Just have to get your head down...BATTER THE HELL OUT OF IT AND OWN THAT **** :h:
Reply 23
Original post by Miss_Scarlett
Just the two. However these are end of pre clinical medical school exams. So thats every major system, pathology, histology, Endocrinology, Genetics, Health Psychology, Microscopy, Immunology, Pharmocology....I could go on :h:

Panicking is futile though. Just have to get your head down...BATTER THE HELL OUT OF IT AND OWN THAT **** :h:

I have two modules as well and haven't started! :eek: One is in economics and the other is management, do you think it is do-able in two weeks?
Also do you remember your work well or will it be like revising it from scratch again lol?
Original post by turbo64
I have two modules as well and haven't started! :eek: One is in economics and the other is management, do you think it is do-able in two weeks?
Also do you remember your work well or will it be like revising it from scratch again lol?

Yes it is totally doable.

I find it best to ignore the HELL out of what everyone else is saying they are doing....99% of people lie about how much work that they have or haven't done.

"OMG I HAVENT DONE ANYTHING" = I have revised everything
"I HAVE GONE THROUGH IT ALL 10 0000000 TIMEZZZ YAH " = I haven't started

Focus hour by hour and day by day. Don't think you aren't going to pass even if you have an unimaginable amount of work to do in a small amount of time. Panic is for lahoosers remember :p:

You will be fine, you are capable...don't let anyone tell you/make you feel otherwise. Just remember what you are doing it for and you will be fine :h:

Edit: Its just the 2 modules I am doing for the first time the other 20 or so Ive done before but definitely need to refresh.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 25

Edit: Its just the 2 modules I am doing for the first time the other 20 or so Ive done before but definitely need to refresh.

So are you saying you have to go over 22 modules?:eek:
Original post by turbo64
So are you saying you have to go over 22 modules?:eek:

Oops I lie...21 :h:

22 if you include the self chosen module, but I passed that already...so 21 :h:
Original post by Anonymous
:frown:

You can do it! You don't need to be panicking yet but you'll feel heaps better once you start revising.

It probably seems like an overwhelming task but it's not, it's really not. Just take it a little bit at a time.

Go anonymous go! :smile: :cool:
Reply 28
Oops I lie...21 :h:

22 if you include the self chosen module, but I passed that already...so 21 :h:

How big a book for each module?! :eek: Mine is about a normal sized core textbook for each module. Surely your books must be smaller for each module if you are doing 21 of them? Normally most people have six modules in a year, are you referring to specific sections on your course or actually proper sized modules? Since 21 modules would be doing like 21 A-levels. If it is really like that then I for sure have faith in doing this in two weeks. :smile:
I have 8 exams in 15 weeks and I'm already ****ting myself about 4 of them. Tried to revise, did one module, doing a second... but I've got a week and a half before exams and my copy of New Vegas is coming tomorrow. :frown:

I'm not so much revising as I am actually learning.
Reply 30
One word:

DEACTIVATE.
Reply 31
deactivate your facebook. believe me, it works. i did it a few weeks before christmas and i've felt less stressed out for some reason :tongue:
Original post by turbo64
How big a book for each module?! :eek: Mine is about a normal sized core textbook for each module. Surely your books must be smaller for each module if you are doing 21 of them? Normally most people have six modules in a year, are you referring to specific sections on your course or actually proper sized modules? Since 21 modules would be doing like 21 A-levels. If it is really like that then I for sure have faith in doing this in two weeks. :smile:

Id say its similiar to the quantity of work you have per module for A2...but the modules arent evenly sized at all. And as I have been examined cumulatively throughout, it means im not learning it all for the first time which is really helpful :smile:

So yeh you can totally do it =]
Original post by Anonymous
I have seven weeks till my uni exams. I have wasted the last 2 weeks of my hols. I start back next week. I am too SCARED to face my work. I am avoiding it like the plague. I am doing everything I can to avoid it. I feel like it's already a lost cause. I have spent so much time on Facebook you would not believe. My sleeping patters are messed up. I feel that there's no point. :frown:

Why would you be avoiding it? Think of it this way: Study today and enjoy life in your future! $$
Original post by ?ored
The longer you put it off the worse it'll end up being when you actually have to start it. Just deactivate facebook and start immediately.

you do knoq deactivating fb has literally no effect whatsoever, how is it a deterrent when you log straight back in as usual
Reply 35
Haha, I know the feeling OP. I've also got exams in 12 days, some really hard ones (engineering maths, EMS, mech of solids etc), but I'm too scared to see how much I have left to learn! :X

Original post by clad in armour
you do knoq deactivating fb has literally no effect whatsoever, how is it a deterrent when you log straight back in as usual

I wish they had options like "Deactivate for: x amount of days", and not let you log in before that. :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 36
I'm there pretty much every exam period. Never seem to learn.
Reply 37
Id say its similiar to the quantity of work you have per module for A2
So yeh you can totally do it =]

So essentially you are doing 21 A-levels almost?
Original post by Katq
I wish they had options like "Deactivate for: x amount of days", and not let you log in before that. :smile:

you mean like TSR :wink:
Original post by turbo64
So essentially you are doing 21 A-levels almost?

Not sure it equates entirely, but put it this way..its a hell of a lot. lolll

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending