The Student Room Group

Girls, would you EVER date a foreign man?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
From Slovenes to Spaniards to Sri Lankans to Syrians to Somalians to Singaporeans to Samoans to Swedes, would YOU date one or do you think you would face social ostracism?

I wouldnt date with them But I would love to date with proper British guys :love::love:
Reply 21
If they were a Puerto-Rican mixed with Brazilian then why not :biggrin: lool of course girls would why wouldn’t we?
I voted no because the question is very misleading. Nearly all girls would date a foreign man. However most would not date an Indian, Somali or Pakistan etc. I would date foreign men but when women think of foreign men they think French, Italian, Spanish, not Indian, Nigerian or Chinese.

The op should be more specific.
Original post by effofex

Original post by effofex
Often the press slate foreign men for being here and stealing jobs and not learning English fluently and not dressing properly, but would you EVER date one in the UK (assuming you're British)?

From Slovenes to Spaniards to Sri Lankans to Syrians to Somalians to Singaporeans to Samoans to Swedes, would YOU date one or do you think you would face social ostracism?

Yes and no; depends what you mean by the word "foriegn".
Yes, and I AM dating a foreign man :smile: He's Dutch and to tell you the truth he Speaks better English than most of the English boys I have met, he's very very well dressed, polite and treats me with a lot more care, consideration and respect than my ex English boyfriend did.
European - Yes, Yes, Yes

African - No
Indian,Pakistani - No
Chinese/Japanese - No
Reply 26
Original post by mkb230
How is 'geordie' a nice accent. It is basically annihilating the English language.

Okay, so it's not quite as sexy as french but... :wink:

And it's not really "annihilating the English language" it's evolution, all things have to evolve- including language. English in the north east is just taking a different path than english in the south. People only like to fuss over grammar and slang because they like feeling clever that they've actually noticed something :^_^:
Reply 27
Original post by GreenEyedGal
I voted no because the question is very misleading. Nearly all girls would date a foreign man. However most would not date an Indian, Somali or Pakistan etc. I would date foreign men but when women think of foreign men they think French, Italian, Spanish, not Indian, Nigerian or Chinese.

The op should be more specific.

Lol I can't make a thread for every single nationality - it would take ages. So you would date a foreign man from any country (like the ones mentioned before - Slovenes, Spaniards, Sri Lankans, Somalians, Syrians, Singaporeans, Samoans, Swedes) except if they were Indian, Nigerian or Chinese.

Foreign = from abroad (i.e. not British-born). Surely the onus is on the respondent to the thread to be specific?
Original post by effofex
Lol I can't make a thread for every single nationality - it would take ages. So you would date a foreign man from any country (like the ones mentioned before - Slovenes, Spaniards, Sri Lankans, Somalians, Syrians, Singaporeans, Samoans, Swedes) except if they were Indian, Nigerian or Chinese.

Foreign = from abroad (i.e. not British-born). Surely the onus is on the respondent to the thread to be specific?

I doubt there are many girls who would date Somalians, Singaporeans, Samoans, Indians or Nigerians etc. So it would be more pertinant to divide them into more specific groups such as Europeans, Asians, Africans etc.
All of them are foreign however, most women would date a french or dutch guy, however most women (not all of the mind you) would not date an Indian guy.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 29
Original post by LauriC
Okay, so it's not quite as sexy as french but... :wink:

And it's not really "annihilating the English language" it's evolution, all things have to evolve- including language. English in the north east is just taking a different path than english in the south. People only like to fuss over grammar and slang because they like feeling clever that they've actually noticed something :^_^:

I don't know if you're from up north or not but no offence to anyone from there, but I can actually understand Polish people who speak broken English better than most Northerners. e.g. John Bishop, I seriously do not understand a word he says.
Reply 30
Original post by GreenEyedGal
I doubt there are many girls who would date Somalians, Singaporeans, Samoans, Indians or Nigerians etc. So it would be more pertinant to divide them into more specific groups such as Europeans, Asians, Africans etc.
All of them are foreign however, most women would date a french or dutch guy, however most women (not all of the mind you) would not date an Indian guy.

Lol I didn't mean actually going to each respective nation - obviously not many people can take holidays in (southern?) Somalia and northern Nigeria given the political instability and I doubt very many people could afford to go to Samoa. I meant actually dating expatriates from those nations in the UK, like in London (I appreciate there aren't very many Samoans, but I have lots of French, Somalian, Singaporean, Indian, Nigerian and Dutch male friends).
Reply 31
Original post by mkb230
I don't know if you're from up north or not but no offence to anyone from there, but I can actually understand Polish people who speak broken English better than most Northerners. e.g. John Bishop, I seriously do not understand a word he says.

I'm not from up north, I'm from London. That's true though, when foreign people learn english they learn it in 'standard estury English', which is more recognisable to British people. It's also what they use on national news channels and stuff because it's easier for everyone to understand it because that's what their used for as opposed to a thick scottish accent. If you did your GCSE's recently (give or take 5 years or so) you probabily did Unrelated Incidents by Tom Leonard which springs to mind as I write this...
Original post by effofex

Swedes

Alexander Skasgard :coma:
Original post by effofex
Lol I didn't mean actually going to each respective nation - obviously not many people can take holidays in (southern?) Somalia and northern Nigeria given the political instability and I doubt very many people could afford to go to Samoa. I meant actually dating expatriates from those nations in the UK, like in London (I appreciate there aren't very many Samoans, but I have lots of French, Somalian, Singaporean, Indian, Nigerian and Dutch male friends).

Thats what I already assumed you meant. :smile:
Of course I would! As long as they could speak fluent English! I'm thinking.....hot Italian, Spanish, French, American & Australian guys! :smile:
Original post by Charlottelisabeth
Of course I would! As long as they could speak fluent English! I'm thinking.....hot Italian, Spanish, French, American & Australian guys! :smile:

This times 10, thats what I call foreign guys :tongue:
Already am. :p:
Reply 37
Original post by LauriC
I'm not from up north, I'm from London. That's true though, when foreign people learn english they learn it in 'standard estury English', which is more recognisable to British people. It's also what they use on national news channels and stuff because it's easier for everyone to understand it because that's what their used for as opposed to a thick scottish accent. If you did your GCSE's recently (give or take 5 years or so) you probabily did Unrelated Incidents by Tom Leonard which springs to mind as I write this...

I finished my GCSE's in 2008 and we did 'Of Mice and Men' by Steinbeck, Shakespeare and J B Priestley's 'An Inspector Calls'.
Original post by effofex
Often the press slate foreign men for being here and stealing jobs and not learning English fluently and not dressing properly, but would you EVER date one in the UK (assuming you're British)?

Yes, if they were from anywhere except Eastern Europe, because they are thieves and they would probably steal your clothes when having sex. All others are fine.
Reply 39
My heavens! Foreign? How preposterous!:eek:

No, of course I would, lol. Why not? If I met a Swede, I wouldn't say "I don't date Swedes" . I'm Norwegian though, not British. Scandinavians are highly educated and speak English very well. I'm also highly attracted to British men. I guess it's the Anglophile/Britonphile
in me. :wink:
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending