Original post by cfc1992
:lol:

Original post by Mastermind`
Evening guise. :awesome:

Go home, Roger.
Reply 241
JK.
OP
Clear handball and a pen for us, and clearly a dive outside of the box for them. Funny how all of our players saw that handball, but the ref, who had nowhere else to look, didn't.

Wenger's own fault for being a arrogant **** and thinking he could get away with changing it up so much, we ended up not fully resting our major players and losing 2 points. Should clearly have started the better players and drawn them off once we were comfortably ahead. Now we're further behind United and have Brum away and City, who have the best away record in the league, at home. Fun ****ing times.
a brilliant brilliant win on monday and the team had momentum and confidence...would make much more sense to keep as much of the same team as possible and then take them off at half time with a comfortable lead but nooooooooo...still should have won it at 2-1 had several chances to make it 3 and kill wigan off, even their player got sent off to make it easier for us but the defending of that set-piece was laughable really...they shouldn't have had the pen. and we should have one but still blame wenger for making so many unnecessary changes :|
(edited 13 years ago)
Another embarrassing refereeing display, such a ****ing con

But ultimately it's Wenger's fault. A complete tactical horror show, I can't be ****ed to list the errors he made tonight, not acceptable. No doubt he'll blame the refs and defends our sub-par players. Strongest ever squad? lol, not fooling the thickest of idiots think that bs. I almost wish we were out of the title race and crawl into 3rd on the final day, i'm fed up of this rubbish, we've shown absolutely **** all this season which would make us worthy champions
(edited 13 years ago)
I'd understand resting Walcott and Van Persie, but how did Wenger think he'd get away with resting Van Persie, Walcott, Nasri, Song, Wilshere, Clichy and Djourou? It's beyond comprehension, even playing a few of them we would've comfortably won. All it does it heap more pressure on us now to win tough games like Birmingam away and City at home.
Reply 245
I keep saying it's the same old Arsenal and you're not good enough to win the league and you keep getting butthurt about it and saying i'm wrong. 2-1 up against 10 men of quite possibly the worst team in the league and you crumble. What has changed lads?
Reply 246
Original post by Louis.
I keep saying it's the same old Arsenal and you're not good enough to win the league and you keep getting butthurt about it and saying i'm wrong. 2-1 up against 10 men of quite possibly the worst team in the league and you crumble. What has changed lads?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/9312846.stm

Everyone else have got significantly ****ter.
The only consolation is that we're not as **** as Liverpool. Unfortunately this doesn't say much at the moment. :frown:
Original post by 66CC99

Away to Birmingham is an incredibly tough match, to be fair. Recent matches against the top teams at home:

v Arsenal
Mar 27, 2010 - 1-1

v Chelsea
Dec 26, 2009 - 0-0
Nov 20, 2010 - 1-0

v Liverpool
Apr 4, 2010 - 1-1

v Manchester City
Nov 1, 2009 - 0-0

v Manchester United
Jan 9, 2010 - 1-1
Dec 28, 2010 - 1-1

v Tottenham
Jan 30, 2010 - 1-1
Dec 4, 2010 - 1-1
Reply 249
Original post by Stu Laverty
Away to Birmingham is an incredibly tough match, to be fair. Recent matches against the top teams at home:

v Arsenal
Mar 27, 2010 - 1-1

v Chelsea
Dec 26, 2009 - 0-0
Nov 20, 2010 - 1-0

v Liverpool
Apr 4, 2010 - 1-1

v Manchester City
Nov 1, 2009 - 0-0

v Manchester United
Jan 9, 2010 - 1-1
Dec 28, 2010 - 1-1

v Tottenham
Jan 30, 2010 - 1-1
Dec 4, 2010 - 1-1

Birmingham 1 - 1 MU
Aston Villa 2 - 2 MU
West Brom 2 - 2 MU
Sunderland 0 - 0 MU
Bolton 2 - 2 MU
Everton 3 - 3 MU
Fulham 2 - 2 MU

Reply 250
Original post by 66CC99

If you think you'll win the league because neither Utd or Chelsea will improve in the second half of the season then fair enough. You'll be wrong, but at least you're under no illusions that your club has improved.

v Arsenal
Mar 27, 2010 - 1-1

v Chelsea
Dec 26, 2009 - 0-0
Nov 20, 2010 - 1-0

v Liverpool
Apr 4, 2010 - 1-1

v Manchester City
Nov 1, 2009 - 0-0

v Manchester United
Jan 9, 2010 - 1-1
Dec 28, 2010 - 1-1

v Tottenham
Jan 30, 2010 - 1-1
Dec 4, 2010 - 1-1

they are a very organised little side and if we play anything like we did today, we aren't coming back with anything...hopefully mr wenger will start with some more established players then he did today :mad:
Reply 252
Original post by Louis.
If you think you'll win the league because neither Utd or Chelsea will improve in the second half of the season then fair enough. You'll be wrong, but at least you're under no illusions that your club has improved.

If you're taking today as an example of Arsenal's full capabilities you're screwed in the head.

This was practically our second team. A poor reflection on Wenger but not an illustration of our full strength, silly man.
Original post by 66CC99
Birmingham 1 - 1 MU
Aston Villa 2 - 2 MU
West Brom 2 - 2 MU
Sunderland 0 - 0 MU
Bolton 2 - 2 MU
Everton 3 - 3 MU
Fulham 2 - 2 MU

With the exception of West Brom away and Fulham away, which of those are "bad" results. None of them are particularly good results, yes. Bolton are 5th in the table and probably the most improved team of the last 12 months, Sunderland rarely lose at home, Aston Villa and Everton despite having poor seasons so far are both good teams.

It's certainly not comparable to losing at home to WBA and Newcastle, though.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 254
Original post by 66CC99
If you're taking today as an example of Arsenal's full capabilities you're screwed in the head.

This was practically our second team. A poor reflection on Wenger but not an illustration of our full strength, silly man.

I'm not, and at no point did I say that was anything close to your best. But this result is typical of your club, you don't have the consistency to win the league. Same old Arsenal. Silly club.
Reply 255
With the exception of West Brom away and Fulham away, which of those are "bad" results. Bolton are 5th in the table and probably the most improved team of the last 12 months, Sunderland rarely lose at home, Aston Villa and Everton despite having poor seasons so far are both good teams.

It's certainly not comparable to losing at home to WBA and Newcastle.

No it's not. But it's the manner in which those matches were lost. For a team like Manchester United, to be drawing consistently and leaking points so easily, after going up by 1 or 2 goals, matches which they would've in the past easily won, reflects on them. They are not as good as they once were, suggesting they are is frankly absurd.
Original post by 66CC99

Yeah but if you won tonight you'd have been banging on about your strength in depth, no?

You're a bunch of chokers the majority of the time, even with your full team. When the going gets tough (like today when you knew a win would bring you on level points) you crumble. Your defence is extremely weak and even when you have supposedly terrific performances (such as Chelsea) you still manage to concede a goal. Chokers.
You struggled at Wigan away last season, losing after being 2-0 up. Just a few days ago you beat Chelsea, well, Chelsea beat themselves but you still took your chances and were clinical enough.

Wenger should have stuck to Monday's winning formula. He didn't and tonights draw is Wenger's fault. Completely illogical. What you should have done was to start with a full-strength, or thereabouts, starting 11, go from there, get a goal and try and kill the game and late on perhaps make some substitutions. Arguably it's arrogance from Wenger tonight and it inspired Wigan to come good and get a decent result.

EDIT: Keep putting a defeat down but it looks like one and I'm sure it feels like one for Arsenal fans.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 258
Anyone who watched the game mind quickly explaining Arsenal's failings / how they managed to crumble?
Reply 259
I was rather surprised with the selection. 8 changes !?? And as we began i was worried, very worried. I don't understand why Wenger doesn't let Djourou play ? He was IMMENSE in Chelsea and far better than Squillaci ... at least use him until Vermalean is back ... Arshavin showed a glimpse of his talent with that superb volley and the second goal was set up well ... we could of seen this match if it wasn't for our defence =/ Yeah, the penalty wasn't one and there were two handballs in the free kick ... but we wouldn't have to complain about those if we had seen this match through. I still trust Wenger but i just hope he makes some changes soon

Latest