The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Potiron
Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Reading and Warwick.

You?

Oxford, UCL, Warwick, Newcastle and Northumbria(We shall not speak of that... place)

The wait for Warwick until March is a bit annoying. Have you visited it at all?
Reply 941
Original post by micky022
Northumbria(We shall not speak of that... place)

Hey! Don't speak ill of it, I defended it in my interview :p:

They were my only offer last year :moon: So I have a soft spot for them.
Original post by Mann18
Hey! Don't speak ill of it, I defended it in my interview :p:

They were my only offer last year :moon: So I have a soft spot for them.

They stalked me via email... And their Law tour was 'We've got loads of computers us' :P

What did they ask in your interview like?
Reply 943
They stalked me via email... And their Law tour was 'We've got loads of computers us' :P

What did they ask in your interview like?

Oh, don't get me started on the emails... Did you get an Xmas poem this year?

I mean my Oxford interview, not a Northumbria interview.
Reply 944
Oxford, UCL, Warwick, Newcastle and Northumbria(We shall not speak of that... place)

whaaat!? where did you hear we have to wait till march?
Original post by Potiron
Lnat say on their website that the ideal essay length is about 500 words, so don't worry on that count. It's the strength of your argument that matters. And if you only guessed the last 5 and spent time on the others and got them right, then that sounds like a pretty good score to me, and sounds like pretty sensible tactics. Good luck.

Your absolutely right, i will not worry until the i get the results...whats done , thats done...we all just have to hope that we get good results :smile:
Reply 946
Original post by Mann18
Nor can I usually :p: On my LNAT, there was this disgusting question about percentages that ate up literally 5 minutes of my time (I didn't want to just move on as it's one of those where if you have enough time, you'll work it out) so when I got home, I researched how to do them properly and found I'd got it right.

Ha! I might not go as far as that, but many places say that a good LNAT masks other parts of your application, so 90%+ I assume pretty much covers all the bases. Last year I didn't really know either, but this year I bought a book on the LNAT, and it had a quick summary of results and demographics ect.

Yeah, we find out on the 31st of January apparently, and apparently 25+ would be seen as "good" (at least by Durham) and 30+ as "exceptional." Last year, UCL seemed to use 20 as a general cut off, so 28/42 would be similar, so I was aiming for around 30ish.

Have you applied to Durham then? Where else have you applied to?

I am quite glad I didn't get that question. I actually can't remember what any of mine were now. There was a Richard Dawkins article and one about chinese numbers.

Warwick? I had a terrible interview for English there a couple of years ago, it was pretty good. The SU was a building site if I recall correctly. Them and Cardiff are the only ones I haven't heard from now.

Original post by Mann18

I want a university to send me a poem!
Original post by Potiron

Oh, you don't. It's just creepy after they added me on Facebook...

Original post by Mann18

That's what I meant, what did Oxford ask you about it?
Reply 948
Original post by Potiron
Have you applied to Durham then? Where else have you applied to?

I am quite glad I didn't get that question. I actually can't remember what any of mine were now. There was a Richard Dawkins article and one about chinese numbers.

I have applied to Durham, but I have an Oxford offer, and it's my intention to accept it, I applied to Ox, Durham, Nottingham, York and QMUL though. I didn't get those, I had questions on Brazillian carnivals and Game Theory (very interesting actually.)

I tried to find it, but I must have deleted it after reading it. It was very cheesy, but yeah, I appreciated it!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 949
That's what I meant, what did Oxford ask you about it?

Ah right. Well, I was asked about what I did last year, explained that things didn't go well with regards to the old UCAS application. He asked what I applied for (Law again) and where I could have gone.

I just pointed out why I applied in the first place, it's Exempting course is quite tempting (sorry couldn't resist) the opportunity to put your BPTC or LPC onto your student loan and have it cost only £4,000... something I had to think hard about declining.
Original post by dog24
whaaat!? where did you hear we have to wait till march?

Their website if I recall correctly, they prefer to wait for the January 20th deadline and compare all the applications at once, instead of trickling them through.
Reply 951
Their website if I recall correctly, they prefer to wait for the January 20th deadline and compare all the applications at once, instead of trickling them through.

Some people already have Warwick Law offers apparently.
Original post by Mann18

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 953
Original post by Doughnuts!!
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Was going to quote you, but didn't know if you'd mind :p:
Original post by Mann18
Was going to quote you, but didn't know if you'd mind :p:

Nah, I'd have been fine with it.

I've just realised that you applied to 3 LNAT unis this year! I wish that I was as confident of my LNAT skills as you. :moon:
Reply 955

I've just realised that you applied to 3 LNAT unis this year! I wish that I was as confident of my LNAT skills as you. :moon:

Bear in mind I did the same thing last year and got no offers from them :p:

I figured "I'd be happy with a QMUL or York offer, so I may as well risk it."
Original post by Mann18

I know :frown:

I thought the LNAT was alright. I practiced using the US one, the LSAT. What essays did you all do?
Reply 958
Original post by Us3rname
Course: LLB Law
University: Durham (University College)
Offer: AAA

Course: LLB Law
University: UCL
Offer: AAA

Still waiting on:

Cambridge (Downing College)
LSE
Nottingham

Would people here choose UCL or Durham? I honestly don't know which I'd prefer. Opinions please :smile:

Congratulations on UCL! When did you receive your offer? I'm still waiting :frown:
Reply 959
ive had offers from Brunel, Nottingham Trent x2 and Reading. Just waiting for Queen Mary! Sent my application off mid november. any one else still waiting for queen mary?

Latest

Trending

Trending