The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 66CC99
No it's not. But it's the manner in which those matches were lost. For a team like Manchester United, to be drawing consistently and leaking points so easily, after going up by 1 or 2 goals, matches which they would've in the past easily won, reflects on them. They are not as good as they once were, suggesting they are is frankly absurd.

I'm not, but they're in the best position to win the league, IMO. 2 points clear of Arsenal with a game in hand that they will probably win, and level on points with City with 2 games in hand on them. This is despite their best player being completely off form for most of the season.

Not that I'm completely writing off Arsenal just after tonight. Chelsea lost to Wigan last season and won the league.

However, I backed Man Utd from the start and so far I've not seen anything that's made me change who I think will win the league.
Original post by 66CC99
No it's not. But it's the manner in which those matches were lost. For a team like Manchester United, to be drawing consistently and leaking points so easily, after going up by 1 or 2 goals, matches which they would've in the past easily won, reflects on them. They are not as good as they once were, suggesting they are is frankly absurd.

Just imagine if Rooney ever hits form..... some Arsenal fans are bemoaning the refs part in the game tonight, yet you're more than willing to mention last night's result without mentioning that a) there was a foul by Zigic and b) Bowyer was offside, but y'know, leave out the details to suit your fairy tale.

Like I said a few days ago in here, a draw garners more than a loss. Who has more losses this season, Utd or Arsenal? [rhetorical question]
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Mastermind`
Yeah but if you won tonight you'd have been banging on about your strength in depth, no?

You're a bunch of chokers the majority of the time, even with your full team. When the going gets tough (like today when you knew a win would bring you on level points) you crumble. Your defence is extremely weak and even when you have supposedly terrific performances (such as Chelsea) you still manage to concede a goal. Chokers.

there was nothing terrific about Arsenal's performance against Chelsea. The result was terrific, not the performance. Chelsea were abysmal and Arsenal took the chances offered to them on a plate.
Reply 263
Original post by 66CC99

In the history of Manchester United it is not our greatest team, no. It is still a team better than you though, and a team that will finish above you in the league.

Those defensive issues pretty much went away as soon as Rio returned, last night aside when Zigic was allowed to jump all over Ferdinand and handball it to Bowyer.
So predictable and so unnecessary. Today was all about one man trying to make a point and then stubbornly sticking to it; creating a problem where there wasn't one. None of the other 19 teams made anywhere near 8 changes and most of them had 2 games in 3 days. But, of course, our 'stars' are so ****in' precious that they need to be protected. Wenger is absolutely insane at times.
Original post by n1r4v
Anyone who watched the game mind quickly explaining Arsenal's failings / how they managed to crumble?

Wenger put out a carling cup side. Shockingly, Bendtner, Denilson, Eboue and the rest of the clowns were garbage, while Nasri, Van Persie, Song etc. were too busy counting their cash on the sidelines.
Squcallici is useless! Why does Wenger not see that when Djouoru plays we tend to not concede that many and WIN games! Even if he did play on Monday, he is a footballer and should be fit enough for another game.
Original post by n1r4v
Anyone who watched the game mind quickly explaining Arsenal's failings / how they managed to crumble?

Most glaring fail was Eboue at LB. He just isn't a LB, or didn't look like one tonight. N'Zogbia sent him for so many pies.
Reply 268
Original post by Overmars
So predictable and so unnecessary. Today was all about one man trying to make a point and then stubbornly sticking to it; creating a problem where there wasn't one. None of the other 19 teams made anywhere near 8 changes and most of them had 2 games in 3 days. But, of course, our 'stars' are so ****in' precious that they need to be protected. Wenger is absolutely insane at times.

I agree, I was horrified when I saw the starting line-up, I don't anybody expected that many changes.
Reply 269
Well, at least my Wenger must go argument can carry on. I thought the win over Chelsea completely ruined it for a minute.
Reply 270
Wilshire is a diving prick. And what on earth where you complaining about when their 2nd goal went in?
Reply 271
Original post by Colonel.
Well, at least my Wenger must go argument can carry on. I thought the win over Chelsea completely ruined it for a minute.

Who would you prefer then?
Reply 272
Original post by Louis.
Wilshire is a diving prick. And what on earth where you complaining about when their 2nd goal went in?

Wilshere is pure class. He's the closest England will ever get to an Iniesta.
Reply 273
JK.
OP
Original post by Louis.

You're such a poor WUM.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 274
JK.
OP
Original post by slawaccess23

Sam Allardyce.

'Nuff said.
Reply 275
Original post by JK.
Your such a poor WUM.

Not wumming. He did dive, and if someone like Nani did it you'd all be outraged at cheating cheating Utd.
Reply 276
Original post by JK.
Sam Allardyce.

'Nuff said.

Sam Allardyce at Arsenal? That's a funny joke.
Original post by Louis.
Wilshire is a diving prick

Then 95% of players are diving pricks because they would have done what he did, he's a wum but if he doesn't go down then chances are N'Z doesn't get sent off, would have been stupid not to go down
Reply 278
Original post by slawaccess23

Dunno. Guardiola comes to mind.
Reply 279
Original post by Colonel.
Dunno. Guardiola comes to mind.

I was thinking Rijkaard actually.

Latest