The Student Room Group

Yes i know i'm mookish, help anyway?

Am reapplying to to do, so have to re do the LNAT, it keeps asking me for my UCAS number, now i know mine from the last cycle but can't get my UCAS number for this cycle until the 4th of Jan (when college re opens and i can get hold of the buzzword), will my old UCAS number suffice? As i'd really rather do it as soon as possible, or will i have to wait until i get the new one? :frown:
Original post by Roocky

Original post by Roocky
Am reapplying to to do, so have to re do the LNAT, it keeps asking me for my UCAS number, now i know mine from the last cycle but can't get my UCAS number for this cycle until the 4th of Jan (when college re opens and i can get hold of the buzzword), will my old UCAS number suffice? As i'd really rather do it as soon as possible, or will i have to wait until i get the new one? :frown:

You will need to use a UCAS number for this years application cycle. If you use your old one it won't have any idea who you are because there is no one in the system for 2011 entry with that UCAS number so I can't imagine that you'd actually get the entire way along the booking process anyway. Even if you do, what are you going to do when you take the exam if you don't actually have a UCAS number to attach it to? There's no application for your result to be attached to!

Yes, you're cutting it fine but if you've left it this late there is little you can do over the holidays unless you know someone who knows your schools buzz word and then you can register. You'll need to include your old UCAS number for reference but you can't just reapply with it.
Reply 2
Original post by oxymoronic
You will need to use a UCAS number for this years application cycle. If you use your old one it won't have any idea who you are because there is no one in the system for 2011 entry with that UCAS number so I can't imagine that you'd actually get the entire way along the booking process anyway. Even if you do, what are you going to do when you take the exam if you don't actually have a UCAS number to attach it to? There's no application for your result to be attached to!

Yes, you're cutting it fine but if you've left it this late there is little you can do over the holidays unless you know someone who knows your schools buzz word and then you can register. You'll need to include your old UCAS number for reference but you can't just reapply with it.

Thanks, if i apply independently, it means i will be able to register with UCAS quicker, so i'll have a UCAS number with which to book my LNAT , is going independantly much different from going through the college? More hassle? I know :frown: i didn't mean to leave it this late, only made the decision to leave the law school i'm currently at a few days ago :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by oxymoronic

Argh just got an email from Vue Pearson (the company that lets you sit the LNAT, you prolly knew that though) saying my registration is fine and i can now book my LNAT (i entered my 2010 number) is there no point booking the test at this stage then, even if they accepted it?
PM me and essplain! Why are you reapplying for Law?
Reply 5
Your college may not let you apply independently, so don't do that.

But your UCAS number this year will be the same as last year. You'll get a new one shown in Apply, but as soon as you send your application UCAS will link you with last time and your number for Track (and everything else) will revert to the old one.
Reply 6
Original post by Juno
Your college may not let you apply independently, so don't do that.

But your UCAS number this year will be the same as last year. You'll get a new one shown in Apply, but as soon as you send your application UCAS will link you with last time and your number for Track (and everything else) will revert to the old one.

O.k i won't, thanks, but does that mean i can continue with my LNAT booking as it is? Seeing as i used my old UCAS num, which it should revert to anyway?
Reply 7
Original post by Roocky

Original post by Roocky
O.k i won't, thanks, but does that mean i can continue with my LNAT booking as it is? Seeing as i used my old UCAS num, which it should revert to anyway?

It would be safer to send your UCAS application first. However, if doing this will cause problems with LNAT booking - I don't know when its deadlines are - then you can continue and it should be ok.
Reply 8
Original post by Juno
It would be safer to send your UCAS application first. However, if doing this will cause problems with LNAT booking - I don't know when its deadlines are - then you can continue and it should be ok.

It's OK, i managed to register with UCAS (sent out a fb plea and found out my college buzzword for this year) so i now have a new UCAS number, booked my LNAT and all is well, thank you everyone :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Roocky

Original post by Roocky
It's OK, i managed to register with UCAS (sent out a fb plea and found out my college buzzword for this year) so i now have a new UCAS number, booked my LNAT and all is well, thank you everyone :smile:

If you used the UCAS number shown in Apply, this will not actually be your UCAS number.
Reply 10
Original post by Juno
If you used the UCAS number shown in Apply, this will not actually be your UCAS number.

Sorry what :s? Which one is my UCAS num then? The new ID they've given me, or my old one? I've booked my LNAT using my new ID and it seemed fine, should i reschedule it using the old one??
Reply 11
Original post by Roocky

Original post by Roocky
Sorry what :s? Which one is my UCAS num then? The new ID they've given me, or my old one? I've booked my LNAT using my new ID and it seemed fine, should i reschedule it using the old one??

Once you've actually sent the UCAS application, your UCAS number is likely to change. That final number is the one you want on the LNAT form.
Reply 12
Original post by alibee
Once you've actually sent the UCAS application, your UCAS number is likely to change. That final number is the one you want on the LNAT form.

Apparently it changes back to the one i had last year, so should i cancel my LNAT, re-register with Vue Pearson using my old LNAT number and book my test again?
Wait, I don't understand...wasn't the law deadline ages ago with the Oxbridge/Med/Dentistry and Vet Med folk? :blush:
Reply 14
Original post by diamonddust
Wait, I don't understand...wasn't the law deadline ages ago with the Oxbridge/Med/Dentistry and Vet Med folk? :blush:

No. The law deadline is the usual Jan 15th, except for Oxbridge.

Original post by Roocky
Apparently it changes back to the one i had last year, so should i cancel my LNAT, re-register with Vue Pearson using my old LNAT number and book my test again?

Well, you have currently ignored all my advice and have thus registered for the LNAT with a UCAS ID that doesn't exist. You need to phone Vue Pearson and explain.
Reply 15
Original post by Juno
No. The law deadline is the usual Jan 15th, except for Oxbridge.

Well, you have currently ignored all my advice and have thus registered for the LNAT with a UCAS ID that doesn't exist. You need to phone Vue Pearson and explain.

Ah, o.k sorry :s-smilie: i will definitely do that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending