The Student Room Group

What do you think happens after death?

Everyone seems to have their own theories about this, none of my friends like my theory, which is basically you just die and nothing happens!
Whats your theory?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
That's pretty much my thinking, although I'll admit I do harbour fantasies of a comfy life in the clouds one day.
Reply 2
yeah I agree with what you say- I reckon it'd be like getting general anasthetic, and going off to sleep, but simply not waking up from it. Its something quite difficult to comprehend when you're alive I guess!
Hope there is something but at the same time, what had we done before we were born? Weird... Maybe theres some sort of reincarnation but we don't remember anything from our previous lives. Its strange cos I can't imagine us living forever but can't imagine that we die and there is nothing either. It scares me a bit when I think about it.
Reply 4
You either go to hell or heaven, depending on what kind of person you're. :h:
Reply 5
Original post by RabbitCFH
Hope there is something but at the same time, what had we done before we were born? Weird... Maybe theres some sort of reincarnation but we don't remember anything from our previous lives. Its strange cos I can't imagine us living forever but can't imagine that we die and there is nothing either. It scares me a bit when I think about it.

Yeah it scares me too!
Original post by Soph1990
Everyone seems to have their own theories about this, none of my friends like my theory, which is basically you just die and nothing happens!
Whats your theory?

There would be no point of life if we just die and nothing happens.

There will be a day of Judgement, when everyone will be judged by Allah Almighty and those who do good deeds and believe in Allah / God, will go to heaven and those who didn't will go to hell. Never heard of this?

Then you never heard of the truth.
Reply 7
You turn into worm food.

It's not all that bad, circle of life and all that shizz.
Reply 8
Respawn in 10?
Reply 9
Eternal damnation in the fiery pits of Hell.
Reply 10
i think we must be born again - but no memory of the previous life or anything - although it may shape the person your born to be - say if you die from drowning you may have a fear of water.
Your soul leaves your physical body and either goes to heaven or hell.
I feel it is more logical that nothing happens after death, i can't seem to justify any kind of afterlife
Reply 13
Original post by llpokermuffinll
There would be no point of life if we just die and nothing happens.

There will be a day of Judgement, when everyone will be judged by Allah Almighty and those who do good deeds and believe in Allah / God, will go to heaven and those who didn't will go to hell. Never heard of this?

Then you never heard of the truth.

I don't thrust my beliefs on you, you shouldn't do the same to me :smile:
Reply 14
I don't believe in God or anything, but I find it hard to believe there is nothing when we die. It is impossible to imagine nothingness. It's not even black, because blackness assumes the existence of colour and light. That's why I think we must experience SOMETHING.

Our 'soul' doesn't necessarily have to stay the same or anything. I just don't see what is stopping us from experiencing life as a new person.

What is it that experiences life? Animals wonder the earth, but what is conciousness exactly? Where does it go when we die?
Reply 15
Well personally im going to hell
The soul lives on for sure. The body fades away.
I dont know why I am more and more certain as I get older that the soul lives. It is to do with the way in which the best thoughts/deeds of people invariably influence those around and that is one way in which the soul lives.
Reply 17
OP has my views spot on :smile:
Reply 18
you cease to exist, there is no more you, its like when you are asleep but not dreaming. that's what happens I THINK, no one ever died and came back to tell us so no one really knows.
Reply 19
You say "nothing happens" but I doubt the world will stop if you die...

Life will continue as normal for most people, in terms of what happens to you after you die... physically you decay.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending