The Student Room Group

Uni exams?

I've got 3 multiple choice question exams in J=january and less than 2weeks to revise
have hardly started!
any one else in a similar position?
hows revision going if so?

edit: why on earth would you neg rep me?!
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Wowzer_88
I've got 3 multiple choice question exams in J=january and less than 2weeks to revise
have hardly started!
any one else in a similar position?
hows revision going if so?

I have one exam - essay questions. First time in 4 years where I've had few exams. I've had multiple choice questions but they use to be negative marking when i did them which makes them so much harder!
I started my revision today :smile:
What subject do u do?
Reply 2
Original post by dreamer247
I have one exam - essay questions. First time in 4 years where I've had few exams. I've had multiple choice questions but they use to be negative marking when i did them which makes them so much harder!
I started my revision today :smile:
What subject do u do?

biology
at least there's no negative marking in ours thankfully!
im hoping to just read up on stuff and the questions will somehow miraculously trigger my memory lol
Reply 3
biology
im hoping to just read up on stuff and the questions will somehow miraculously trigger my memory lol

Ah similar topic to me then. I study zoology. You will be fine with no negative marking then. At least then you know one of the answers is correct and like you said something will trigger your memory.
Luckily with a few of mine they repeated the same questions over the years so look at past papers as well :smile:
Lol, two 1.5 hour exams (multiple choice) and one 3 hour written.

And Maths. Haven't even started revision yet lol.
biology

What is negative marking? :confused:

Got 2 written exams on the 14th & 18th. I'm starting revision tomorrow.
Reply 6
Original post by Of_the_hook
What is negative marking? :confused:

Got 2 written exams on the 14th & 18th. I'm starting revision tomorrow.

From the name, I assume if you get a question wrong you lose a mark.
Reply 7
Our negative marking multiple choice papers meant that for each answer you have to also mark how confident you were that the answer was correct. If you got an answer right, and you'd marked your confidence as high, you get more marks than if you'd marked your confidence as low. If you're answer was wrong, you'd lose fewer marks if you'd put a low confidence than a higher confidence. Cruel, and makes it much more stressful (since you also had to work out exactly how confident you were).
Reply 8
Original post by glance
Our negative marking multiple choice papers meant that for each answer you have to also mark how confident you were that the answer was correct. If you got an answer right, and you'd marked your confidence as high, you get more marks than if you'd marked your confidence as low. If you're answer was wrong, you'd lose fewer marks if you'd put a low confidence than a higher confidence. Cruel, and makes it much more stressful (since you also had to work out exactly how confident you were).

:eek: that's pretty intense
i always thought you just lost a mark for every question you got wrong
Reply 9
Original post by glance

Wow, i didnt have to do that, it was just the mark taken away for every wrong answer.
Genetics - 5 exams - 2 weeks to revise - started 11 minutes ago
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by tsr-member
GENETICS - 5 EXAMS - 2 WEEKS TO REVISE - STARTED 11 MINUTES AGO

...sorry for the capitals - I'm just very very stressed, right now.

So what are people's plans for last minute revision, then?

are yours multiple choice?
like i said im just LITERALLY going to read the textbook
i've got a pretty good memory so hopefully something will be jogged when reading the question

i've also got subsidary modules in philosphy and psychology

...screwed

what are you planning to do?
are yours multiple choice?
like i said im just LITERALLY going to read the textbook
i've got a pretty good memory so hopefully something will be jogged when reading the question

i've also got subsidary modules in philosphy and psychology

...screwed

what are you planning to do?

Yes, 5 multiple choice papers. ...I'm pretty sure some are combined with an essay question or 2, though. (You know when lecturers mention "the essay question" and you have no idea what they're on about?)

I'd read the textbook but I haven't actually got one. I've ordered one off Blackwell's but it won't get here sooner than 4 or 5 days before my first exam.
We get all our lecture powerpoints uploaded online though so despite I won't have time to go through all of them, I'm thinking of just skimming through most. ...and stuff which I have no idea about, I'll just google... or alternatively ask TSR. (I'm more inclined to the 2nd option..)

...I was such a geek in A-Level! ...what happened?!!
ALL LAST MINUTE REVISERS:

What's the plan for NYE?
Going out and celebrating being young and carefree for another year OR staying and revising as we should be doing??

..personally, I'm going for the 1st option but other opinions are welcome
Reply 14
Definitely going out tonight regardless
I have 3 exams which are all three hours long! started revision on Monday. I'm doing LLB Law! :smile:
Reply 16
ahhhhhh! so much to do!
Reply 17
You're not alone, im very stressed too!

From Jan 10th I've got 4 exams in 1 week - maths, materials and 2 physics. I've revised a little bit, but I can never go through it all for all subjects.

So nervous :frown:
Reply 18
Original post by Katq

From Jan 10th I've got 4 exams in 1 week - maths, materials and 2 physics. I've revised a little bit, but I can never go through it all for all subjects.

:frown:

I've got ones for Vector Calculus & Matrices, Electrodynamics, and Statistical Mechanics

Not started revising yet.
Reply 19
Original post by Katq

it didn't help that i just pretty much just woke up
feeling rough after last night
ah wells
im gonna have to man up:dumbells:
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending