The Student Room Group

Oxford 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by LtCommanderData
Yep! Did you stay there for interviews? If so, what's it like? I only saw it briefly when I was there to be interviewed (I was staying at a different college)

Yeah, I had 4 nights there. Loved it. The room was quite basic but I had a really nice view over Trinity and Balliol, the JCR was cool and the quad is so nice.

Which college did you apply to?
Reply 121
Original post by Jessica.H
Yes, its me! Of course I remember you Fiona, did you get into Oxford? I spotted that girl, Shirley Ly on here earlier.

Haha, thought I might have embarrassed myself there :p: I realised last week that we weren't friends on Facebook because for the past 6 months I've thought some girl called Jess Lee was you! Yeah, I did, Law at Christ Church! :smile: I remember Shirley! So pleased you got a place :smile:
Original post by cob007
Yeah, I had 4 nights there. Loved it. The room was quite basic but I had a really nice view over Trinity and Balliol, the JCR was cool and the quad is so nice.

Which college did you apply to?

Good to hear :biggrin:

I applied to Merton
Reply 123
:ciao:
Please can you add me to the list? :colondollar:

French and Arabic at Worcester
(edited 13 years ago)
Just wondering how old you'll all be when you start Oxford? I'm going to be 20, bit worried about being ancient... any other gap yearers/ people who for some reason won't be 18 when they get there?! :smile:
Reply 125
I'll be 19, but that's because my birthday is mid-September.
Reply 126
Medicine at wadham :biggrin:

Any one else at wadham, or doing medicine??
Reply 127
Wadham here :smile:
Reply 128
Original post by dothesnowdome
Just wondering how old you'll all be when you start Oxford? I'm going to be 20, bit worried about being ancient... any other gap yearers/ people who for some reason won't be 18 when they get there?! :smile:

I will be 50!

I don't feel as ancient as I did when I turned 20 though :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by lalaberlin
Love those jumpers :biggrin: but then I found these reeeeally pretty ones at Oxford, but they're not available at the online shop :frown: and they had college jumpers there as well :biggrin:
I swore if I get an offer I would buy tones :biggrin:

Oh my god, that sounds so awesome :biggrin: great-grandparents? haha

Anyone for Computer Science or Keble? :smile:

Keble over here :smile: Unfortunately, not Computer Science.
Reply 130

I've got the opposite problem, but oh well.

same 'ere! then again this gap yah isn't going to mature me too much aha.
i'm going to be doing english at christ church - anyone else out there doing the same? :colondollar:
Original post by Robin123
Name: Robin
Subject: Human Sciences
College: St Hugh's
Offer: Don't know yet
How you found out: The tutor called me
[Insert gushy, smiley-riddled response here]: Don't know what to say. This is too amazing!!! Completely overwhelmed!

Perhaps you could express your supremely profound joy by making love to your gf/bf. Apparently that's what I heard about someone I know of.... hahaha !
Original post by nkvuong
Name: Khac Vuong Nguyen
Subject: Mathematics & Comp Sci
College: Merton
Offer: 7.0 in IELTS or equivalent
How you found out: By email
[Insert gushy, smiley-riddled response here]: Just amazing. Guess I'm lucky

Were you? I'm quite torn between wondering whether you're lucky in that it wasn't your destiny or that, en fait, it actually is your destiny. In other words, give credit when it is due -you were not lucky, you were brilliant.
Original post by nkvuong
Name: Khac Vuong Nguyen
Subject: Mathematics & Comp Sci
College: Merton
Offer: 7.0 in IELTS or equivalent
How you found out: By email
[Insert gushy, smiley-riddled response here]: Just amazing. Guess I'm lucky

Were you? I'm quite torn between wondering whether you're lucky in that it wasn't your destiny or that, en fait, it actually is your destiny. In other words, give credit when it is due -you were not lucky, you were brilliant.
Original post by LtCommanderData
Good to hear :biggrin:

I applied to Merton

Where was your room? Mine was in the Grove. It was quite lovely. (Complete with heated towel rack! :biggrin:)
Original post by 04ghicks
Wallsend/ North Shields, you?

And im an only child so I can understand where my parents are coming from, though they should be grateful oxford has short terms :P

ah ok. my parents still have my little sister to keep them occupied :tongue:

and i'm from near Prudhoe? idk if you'll have heard of it...it's Northumberland. near ish to Hexham?
Original post by rohitronaldo
Keble over here :smile: Unfortunately, not Computer Science.

I'm Keble too :smile: for History, though.
Original post by flywithemma
I'm Keble too :smile: for History, though.

Ahh sweet, we are the biggest college after all! Economics and Management here by the way.

I was interviewed over Skype (being an international applicant) and so I have never seen Keble or even the city of Oxford for that matter. Thank god for Google Images and the college website, though I would love to see the place for real.
Original post by Sempiternitas
Where was your room? Mine was in the Grove. It was quite lovely. (Complete with heated towel rack! :biggrin:)

I too had a heated towel rack :biggrin:
You know the quad area with the Christmas trees? Mine was there (so out of the window I could see the xmas trees and the lunch hall)

I think I spent more time telling my family about how great my room was than I did talking about the interviews :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending