The Student Room Group

What's everyone doing for new years eve ?

Scroll to see replies

sitting at home on my lonesome while my family are all at a party with their friends, who i don't really know.
unless i'm forced to go.
Nothing, whilst my bf partys at his mates...gets drunk and sends me weird texts like " i wanan rape your sexy azz" o.O

(Asian, parents won't obv let a 17 y old girl out after 9, regardless of new years :frown: )

Maybe i'll revise? Naaah, i'll probs be on here.
Original post by CameraGirl
sitting at home on my lonesome while my family are all at a party with their friends, who i don't really know.
unless i'm forced to go.

sounds pretty grim, don't you know anyone who's doing anything?
Reply 83
Original post by Grace*
i have no parties to go to :frown:(((((( :cry2: so no idea what i'm going to do! Anything happening in Cambridge ? apart from Fez?:bumps:

I am seeing the new Tron:Legacy film with my family-we like how quiet the cinema is! :tongue: :biggrin:
Absolutely nothing :smile:

I hate NYE, I find it all very depressing.
Original post by Fire_eyed_boy
sounds pretty grim, don't you know anyone who's doing anything?

nope think most friends are spending it with partners etc, i can't because of transport issues. suppose i may be forced along to this party, but don't really know anyone except parents who won't want me around and don't fancy spending it with sister and her 15 year old best friends who will most likely talk about boys and GCSEs all night and i wouldn't be allowed a drink :P

i'm thinking i may put a film on, get some baileys and ring the bf and eat chocolate :P
Reply 86
Houseparty!! WOO :biggrin:
Reply 87
Heading back to Scotland and going out clubbing with friends over there :biggrin: Normally I spend NYE round at my grandparent's house playing board games etc with the family (which I love doing :h:) but this year me and my flat-mates from uni decided we'd like to spend it together and go out, so we are!
nothing, but watching the countdown on bbc, and revising..
is that abit sad? :tongue:
I'm going out in London with some of my girl mates from Uni. I think it will be the first time I've actually drunk on New Years Eve- normally I go to a friend's house with my boyfriend and I drive. I'm really excited and although I know it will be stupidly expensive, my friend lives right in central London and has done loads of research about where we should go so it should be a really good night!
I'm having some friends over for a little get-together, food and fun included, and then out in the fricking cold to light up the sky :wink:
Reply 91
Original post by Pixiefairy
nothing, but watching the countdown on bbc, and revising..
is that abit sad? :tongue:

I hope that youre not revising all day because time off is important and it's New Years Eve! :frown:
Reply 92
Original post by Grace*
i have no parties to go to :frown:(((((( :cry2: so no idea what i'm going to do! Anything happening in Cambridge ? apart from Fez?:bumps:

Hahah i'm going to London to get away from Cambridge and Fez, Ballare, The Place basically anything of that sort...lol
Reply 93
I'll be staying home watching the London Eye fireworks on TV...it's the same all the time -.-
given its my 18th bday on new years day.....

nothing at all...I'll probbably be at home as I can't get into any clubs
Reply 95
Going to a friends house, not really doing a great deal but, it's bound to be fun.

Compared other people's plans mine sound a tad boring, ah well.
Reply 96
I'm not sure yet.
I go to uni in London but I want to avoid Central like the plague; cannot be botherd with stupidly expensive prices and massive crowds. I actually can't think of anything worse.
All my friends at home are spending it with their boyfriends/family.
NYE is so overrated, i'd love to stay in and just watch tv but there is so much social pressure to go out!
Original post by JAZZA007
I hope that youre not revising all day because time off is important and it's New Years Eve! :frown:

aw true!, i think i will see my friends in the evening then, and revise during the day! have a good New Years! x
Reply 98
Either going to a house party but its a trek, or London with my camera :colone:
Reply 99
I was going to go to a house party, but due to a recent change of plans I'm now going to spend it with my family, eating pringles until midnight.

Well, it is a tradition...of sorts :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending