The Student Room Group

getting pissed off at my toothache.

before any of you ask, ive made an appointment with the dentist for friday.

my whole face and head kills like ****, ive had a massive swelling on my jaw for the last 2 days which isnt going down and im getting pissed off like mad. you'd think the swelling would **** off, but it isnt. what can i do to ease the swelling while i wait for my dentists appointment on friday?
Original post by KNOB-head
before any of you ask, ive made an appointment with the dentist for friday.

my whole face and head kills like ****, ive had a massive swelling on my jaw for the last 2 days which isnt going down and im getting pissed off like mad. you'd think the swelling would **** off, but it isnt. what can i do to ease the swelling while i wait for my dentists appointment on friday?

I know the pain. I have so far had 4 lots of antibiotics for wisdom tooth infections to try keep it at bay until I can have it out. I highly recommend getting soluble cocodamol tablets dissolving them in water and holding the solution over the area where it hurts in your mouth. Really helps. Go to the dentist and get some corsodyl, my dentist always tries to prescribe me it until i remind him its 3 quid cheaper to buy it. Ibuprofen if you can have it.
Get some clove oil. It's really good for getting rid of/reducing toothache.

1. Rinse your mouth with salt water.
2. Mix a few drops of clove oil with a half teaspoon of olive oil.
3. Soak a cotton ball in the oils and hold it on the affected tooth.

Good luck at the dentists :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by insignificant
I know the pain. I have so far had 4 lots of antibiotics for wisdom tooth infections to try keep it at bay until I can have it out. I highly recommend getting soluble cocodamol tablets dissolving them in water and holding the solution over the area where it hurts in your mouth. Really helps. Go to the dentist and get some corsodyl, my dentist always tries to prescribe me it until i remind him its 3 quid cheaper to buy it. Ibuprofen if you can have it.

i think we might have ibuprofen so i'll give that a go. how long does it usually take for your swelling to go? im thinking of having the tooth removed; it really has been pissing me off for the last year or so.
ice will work wonders on the jaw swelling problem (it might not FEEL like it,but visually it will help with the fat man face problem) ^^ x
Reply 5
Original post by Sakura-Chan
Get some clove oil. It's really good for getting rid of/reducing toothache.

1. Rinse your mouth with salt water.
2. Mix a few drops of clove oil with a half teaspoon of olive oil.
3. Soak a cotton ball in the oils and hold it on the affected tooth.

Good luck at the dentists :smile:

i dont got clove oil :frown:
i dont got clove oil :frown:

Buy some tomorrow, if it's that bad?

Or, if you live with your parents, they might have some right at the back of a cupboard somewhere.
i think we might have ibuprofen so i'll give that a go. how long does it usually take for your swelling to go? im thinking of having the tooth removed; it really has been pissing me off for the last year or so.

Takes me a week at a time because whats happening is my wisdom tooth is growing at such an angle that its growing into my cheek and ive got a permanent cut and he said its all ulcerated. So it doesnt take much for it to get re-infected and so basically its permanently puffed up.Also something I've just remembered, go to the pharmacy and ask for some difflam mouthwash, makes your whole mouth go numb, its amazing.
Reply 8
Original post by Sakura-Chan
Buy some tomorrow, if it's that bad?

Or, if you live with your parents, they might have some right at the back of a cupboard somewhere.

i dont know. and ive asked my angel mummy but she doesnt have any. ahh tis' a sad tale with my tooth
Reply 9
Original post by insignificant
Takes me a week at a time because whats happening is my wisdom tooth is growing at such an angle that its growing into my cheek and ive got a permanent cut and he said its all ulcerated. So it doesnt take much for it to get re-infected and so basically its permanently puffed up.Also something I've just remembered, go to the pharmacy and ask for some difflam mouthwash, makes your whole mouth go numb, its amazing.

i dont know, im too lazy and apathetic to do anything at the moment. i hope your tootaches get better. why dont you get the tooth pulled out?

Quick Reply

Latest