The Student Room Group

What do you think happens after death?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Vozhak
you cease to exist, there is no more you, its like when you are asleep but not dreaming. that's what happens I THINK, no one ever died and came back to tell us so no one really knows.

Jesus did :sexface:
Original post by mummyperson
The soul lives on for sure. The body fades away.
I dont know why I am more and more certain as I get older that the soul lives. It is to do with the way in which the best thoughts/deeds of people invariably influence those around and that is one way in which the soul lives.

I totally believe this.
I find it really sad to think that nothing happens after death...

I use to think you turned into your favourite animal? But then why are there so many ants and bacteria in the world and not many whales or tigers? So I went off the idea c:
So maybe god or whoever spins a giant roulette wheel/wheels with a high probability you'll become some sort of termite.

I also use to think that you kinda reviewed your life... and looked back on random stuff..

:tongue:
Original post by llpokermuffinll
There would be no point of life if we just die and nothing happens.

There will be a day of Judgement, when everyone will be judged by Allah Almighty and those who do good deeds and believe in Allah / God, will go to heaven and those who didn't will go to hell. Never heard of this?

Then you never heard of the truth.

lol :rofl:
Reply 24
Original post by llpokermuffinll
There would be no point of life if we just die and nothing happens.

Why does there have to be a point to life?
Reply 25
Original post by M1F2R3
Jesus did :sexface:

Haa i knew someone would say that! :biggrin:

A- If you believe in Jesus, he was the son of God, no telling what will happen to us mortals

B- Again if you believe in Jesus, that was about 2010 years ago and we know how messages get lost in the clutter, for all we know he said- Live long and Prosper! :smile:
Original post by RabbitCFH
Hope there is something but at the same time, what had we done before we were born? Weird... Maybe theres some sort of reincarnation but we don't remember anything from our previous lives. Its strange cos I can't imagine us living forever but can't imagine that we die and there is nothing either. It scares me a bit when I think about it.

i totally agree with you lol...... its scary 2 think that u will b dead bt u hav no feelings, nothing u wont even exist :eek:
Original post by Alexx53

your jus pointless! You wont understsand it. Only intelligent people understand it and see the signs of it.
Reply 28
I think you go back to before you were born.... Nothing basically.... You might ''respawn'' as a different organism, as a part of something else.... bacteria, animal, human, whatever. And I don't think it's only restricted to earth, I think we could ''reincarnate'' as a part of something else on a different planet, in a different galaxy.
Nothing whatsoever. You die. Life goes on.
Original post by Alexx53

This. I have no idea why people still believe that it's logical that the universe owes us anything.
Reply 31
Nothing most likely.
Reply 32
Heaven or Hell or Pure Darkness :smile:
Original post by lonely14
You either go to hell or heaven, depending on what kind of person you're. :h:

This.. and get re-united with everyone :smile:

Hope I end up in Heaven:tongue:
Reply 34
I used to quite like the idea of being able to pop back every 100 or so years to see how everything had changed :frown:
You go back into the PoKeball and get taken to the PoKemon center :smile:
All matter is merely ripples upon a sheet of potential energy. Upon what we believe is death we break down to our component parts and are dispersed amongst the earth, we never truly die as we are only a small part of a collective singular but our body as an entity will never likely form again, so our consciousness will unlikely ever rematerialise. We die in that sense, but our energy continues to cycle ad-infinitum, as merely ripples on a pond.
Reply 37
I've always, always just known that that's it. There's no afterlife. It just seemed implausible to me from a young age. I saw my nana fifteen minutes after she'd died and I knew her soul was just a bit of energy that had dispensed into the atmosphere. Part of me likes the idea of ghosts and sometimes I do wonder - that energy has to go somewhere. That it remains a human form with human sensibilities doesn't seem that likely, but it's nice to think there's a little bit of everyone who's ever died out there.
But when I hear people talk about heaven with complete conviction in it, I always feel a little bit sorry for them. I should envy them really, because death is probably a lot less scarier if you're convinced you're going somewhere else and not just disappearing.
Original post by CapnHooch
Respawn in 10?

Where have you put your tactical insertion brah?
Give the human brain some credit. Wonderful things like our self awareness, emotions and the concept of a soul can be attributed to immensely complex neurons and chemical reactions etc. When you die and your body shuts down these amazing things can no longer happen meaning your consciousness, your "self" simply dissipates and ceases to exist.

This guy presents interesting ideas:

http://www.edge.org/3rd_culture/ramachandran07/ramachandran07_index.html

(Sorry if this post seemed like I was trying to enforce it as a fact. Just my opinion and we've only really scratched the surface regarding how much we know about the human brain)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending