The Student Room Group

GCE Chemistry January 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by khz
How far have you all reached?? Just TWO more weeks! *Gulps*

I've kind of read most of it, but haven't taken much in si I'm going through everthing again :s et etoi? I read a practice paper the other day and I I couldn't make any sense from it :frown:
It's ok only

omggg doesn't it just drive you MAD when you have to write ONLY?!?!?!
i fink in doin this exam probs gna do sum revision l8 next week lol
Reply 23
Anyone here who is actually preparing for CHEM4? Or is it just AS students here?
Reply 24
Im too busy preparing for my maths resits :frown: havent really had much time to look at many problems, but Iv done allot of papers, being on the B/C border, With some work, a B wouldn't be bad.
Reply 25
khz
OP
Original post by Faith01
Anyone here who is actually preparing for CHEM4? Or is it just AS students here?

I have chem 4, 5 and 6 as well...its horrible for me so far:frown: what about you?
Reply 26
do you think unit 1 chemistry will be easy or hard straight forward questions and what do you think the grade boundaries will be like?
I haven't started revising. :s-smilie:
I got a B in a mock, which was higher than I was expecting, but it's all because of the stupid pernickety mark scheme.
Damn you, AQA Chemistry.
Reply 28
Original post by khz
I have chem 4, 5 and 6 as well...its horrible for me so far:frown: what about you?

I have CHEM4 in January, are all your exams in June?
Reply 29
khz
OP
Original post by Faith01
I have CHEM4 in January, are all your exams in June?

YEP! All in Jan :eek:
Reply 30
khz
OP
I mean all my papers ARE in Jan.
Reply 31
do you think this year unit 1 will be easier than last year?
Reply 32
Original post by khz
YEP! All in Jan :eek:

Wow :eek: what will you be doing after you have finished them all? No more Chemistry?

Wait a minute, I have CHEM2, CHEM4 and CHEM5 this Jan! :eek3: that sounds so much!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 33
khz
OP
Original post by Faith01
Wow :eek: what will you be doing after you have finished them all? No more Chemistry?

Wait a minute, I have CHEM2, CHEM4 and CHEM5 this Jan! :eek3: that sounds so much!

Hahaha yeah! No more chemistry :biggrin: the feeling of that moment might be a motivation for me to study and just get over with it! :tongue:
I have Chem1, Chem2, Chem3, Chem4, Chem5 and Chem 6. :frown:
You're giving it from England? I assume that is why you dont have Unit 3 and 6 :wink:
Reply 34
khz
OP
Original post by otrivine
do you think this year unit 1 will be easier than last year?

It's too early to say anything, evreything is unpredictable with Edexcel exams :s-smilie:
Reply 35
Original post by khz
Hahaha yeah! No more chemistry :biggrin: the feeling of that moment might be a motivation for me to study and just get over with it! :tongue:
I have Chem1, Chem2, Chem3, Chem4, Chem5 and Chem 6. :frown:
You're giving it from England? I assume that is why you dont have Unit 3 and 6 :wink:

Woahh how come you are doing that? It's like all exams in one month? How long have your teachers taught you? Yes I am in England, I am resitting CHEM2 and CHEM4 is always in January and also our ISA. Well goodluck! You'll do fine :smile:
Reply 36
khz
OP
Original post by Faith01
Woahh how come you are doing that? It's like all exams in one month? How long have your teachers taught you? Yes I am in England, I am resitting CHEM2 and CHEM4 is always in January and also our ISA. Well goodluck! You'll do fine :smile:

Temme about it! :frown:
And Thanks:biggrin: good luck to you too :smile:
Reply 37
Has anyone got the CHEM4 June 2010 paper please???
If anyones posted it, could you please direct me :smile:
Thanks in advance
Interestingly for Edexcel, from the mark schemes in unit 1, in calculation questions, the correct answer alone scores full marks. This can you save you a lot of time in certain questions when writing out the working can be tedious. Does anyone know about whether this is true for all of the calculation questions?
(edited 13 years ago)
I need your advice.. If I go over and revise the whole syllabus (with a couple of things I need to go over) by the wednesday 5th, do you think I'll have enough time to start practicing past papers from then onwards? Or is 6 days not enough?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending