The Student Room Group

Israeli/Palestinian someone please explain to me.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Menakshelatte
Basically becoming hitler..

By defending ourselves and not going like sheep to the slaughter? Sure, so everyone is hitler then.
Reply 42
Original post by Axes
By defending ourselves and not going like sheep to the slaughter? Sure, so everyone is hitler then.

By using disproportionate amount of violence and claiming its in order to defend one self.
Original post by Axes

no by invading their land,bombing their civillians and taking videos of torture for entertainment...yh that is sadist.
Reply 44
This, OP, is the Israeli account of things.

Just so you're aware it is far from objective. But it is one of the few serious answers on this thread.

OK now you've lost all credibility.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 45
Original post by LauriC
No it's nothing to do with that, one factor that caused it though was a belief in crap like that though (ie. the Jews being forced to flee Europe and retuning to Isreali which is supposedly their 'land of milk and honey')

Essentially it is a disupte over land- and one that is unlikely to be resolved seeing as they both seem to have a legitimate claim to the land. And it's propelled by violence, religion, even the cold war etc. But the bare bones of it is just fighting over that land, Zionists beleive it is there homeland, but the Arabs have lived there for literally thousands of years.

Basically google it. You have to be very thorough and look at both sides of the story because it is near impossible to get a sufficiently objective conclusion (it never is with history- but especially with the Arab-Isreali conflict as there is such deep-set hate)...

A very creditable, objective answer. :smile:

Original post by Read the riot act
It will be a good thing when Iran gets some nuclear arms as it will bring some stability to the region.
There is nothing worse than a person (Israel) beating up a cripple (Palestine) because they have their big brother standing over them (USA).

"Oh guys its all cool some people who worshipped the same God lived here 2000 years ago, means its perfectly fine to build illegal settlements in the west bank and steal land which Muslims, Christiansand crucially Atheists all have the right to live on as well but we will forget about that. If you critisise Israel you are a NAZI!"

Very well said.

+rep tomorrow when I can give it. :top:

Original post by Axes
MAD worked with the US and Russia, because both had equal capabilities. With Israel and Iran, it is different. Israel's small size makes it an ideal target for a first strike nuclear attack, meaning that a nuclear balance such as with the US and Russia does not exist between those two.

So basically, what you are saying is that despite Israel having what, the 4th most powerful military in the world or so, other countries should be prevented from developing anywhere near comparable capabilities the region because of Israel's teeny-weeny size? :curious:

That's the stupidest thing I've heard you say. If we were to draw a map of the Mid-East with countries' sizes determined by their military force, Israel would occupy 99.99+% of the map, and that is no exaggeration!

Original post by Axes
Or maybe remembering and learning not to turn the other cheek, protecting themselves when needed and not going like sheep to the slaughter.

It's truly amazing how an Israeli patriot can make the justification for apartheid and ethnic cleansing look like innocent self-defence. :rolleyes:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 46
no by invading their land,bombing their civillians and taking videos of torture for entertainment...yh that is sadist.

Sorry but history just doesnt echo your hyperbolic imagination, and the Israeli/Palestinian conflict definately did not start that way.
Reply 47
Israel, thanks to the backing of the U.S. can afford to bully and defecate upon an unarmed third-world country in order to serve their own interests; namely, moar land.

/thread
Original post by Billydodger
So i heard that Israel was being really racist towards Palestine. Like, Israeli people are meant to have lighter skin tones, more blondes, more blue eyes...so they think they are superior? Is this true? Why are Israel and Palestine fighting?

Basically....because they are all idiots.

But not on the same level as you...you clown.
(edited 13 years ago)
It's hard to believe Israel are the most innocent ones here.. how many Israeli's have died (and I agree it's terrible when they do..) but I've seen with my own eyes the aftermath .. young and old Palestinians with their legs blown off.. people who can be and should be self-sufficient. It's horrible. Hamas are hardly helping but it's not particularly surprising that with the resources they are allowed, Palestine haven't been able to find a better government.

I have Israeli friends but whenever someone compares what is happening to the holocaust they always "OMG YOU DID NOT JUST TALK ABOUT THE HOLOCAUST!! THE DISREPESCT!! MY GREAT AUNTIE SURVIVED IT!"

And I'm thinking.. exactly.. you know how much it hurts.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 50
Original post by bill-e
By using disproportionate amount of violence and claiming its in order to defend one self.

Proportion in war is not a statistical casualty equasion, because if that was the case, no war in history was ever proportional. The point of defending one's self is not to inflict the same number of casualties to your enemy as you suffer. That will simply embolden your enemy to continue attacking you knowing your response will be no different than a ping-pong game, with no other motive than shooting back. No, the motive for responding to an attack is to make an end to it, and thus proportion in war is the proportional damage a military objective can cause relative to the gain it might bring.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 51
Original post by BoxesAndBangles
It's hard to believe Israel are the most innocent ones here.. how many Israeli's have died (and I agree it's terrible when they do..) but I've seen with my own eyes the aftermath .. young and old Palestinians with their legs blown off.. people who can be and should be self-sufficient. It's horrible. Hamas are hardly helping but it's not particularly surprising that with the resources they are allowed, Palestine haven't been able to find a better government..

So few British died during the Blitz relative to the number of Germans. Howcome you continued the war for years after the blitz ended? You should have stopped the war and left the Germans in peace once the number of German casualties equalled those of the British, because, as you said, war is just a mathematical equasion

*Sarcasm off*
Original post by Axes
Sorry but history just doesnt echo your hyperbolic imagination, and the Israeli/Palestinian conflict definately did not start that way.

aha sure..
How can people beso negative about Hitler yet try to make Israel seem innocent?
it's not adding up..
Dear Israelians,you either stop complaining of the holocaust or stop doing it yourselves.
Reply 54
aha sure..

Indeed. History did not go that way. 60 years of Jewish immigration goes unnoticed. No Palestinian evicted, and Jews legally purchase the land. Decades of Arab porgoms eventually lead to civil war. When the UN votes to create two states, one Jewish and one Arab (later Palestinian), the Palestinians reject it and together with 5 Arab states go on a crusade intending to commit genocide on the Jewish community. They lost and that is the basis for the Palestinian tragedy. The Jews in Palestine were not going to suffer what they suffered just 4 years earlyer.
Original post by Axes
Indeed. History did not go that way. 60 years of Jewish immigration goes unnoticed. No Palestinian evicted, and Jews legally purchase the land. Decades of Arab porgoms eventually lead to civil war. When the UN votes to create two states, one Jewish and one Arab (later Palestinian), the Palestinians reject it and together with 5 Arab states go on a crusade intending to commit genocide on the Jewish community. They lost and that is the basis for the Palestinian tragedy. The Jews in Palestine were not going to suffer what they suffered just 4 years earlyer.

so that gives them a right to do genocide? you talk sense..
what you're basically saying is "Palestine lost the war to Israel they all deserve to die.(as a country who has been complaining from holcaust for YEARS)
How can people beso negative about Hitler yet try to make Israel seem innocent?
it's not adding up..
Dear Israelians,you either stop complaining of the holocaust or stop doing it yourselves.

Pfft. The day Israelis stop defending themselves is the day Israel seizes to exist.
Original post by WhereIsMyMind
Pfft. The day Israelis stop defending themselves is the day Israel seizes to exist.

is that supporting what i'm saying or trying to destroy it?
I eyes and ears..i dont need convincing.Palestne don't bomb Israel children.
America and Isreal are a killing a whole nation just for fun.
is that supporting what i'm saying or trying to destroy it?

It depends on your view point.

Yes, to a certain extent, the retaliation of the Israeli forces can be considered excessive, but it's no way on the same levels as the holocaust. For one, Israel isn't denying anyone right to life, like Hitler and his cronies did.

However, as much as I would love peace and stability in the region, it simply isn't possible nor viable for Israel to lower their guard. For one, its neighbours are propped up and somewhat controlled by the Saudis and Iran who consider Israel a threat - the second Israel does, there will be no more Israel.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending