The Student Room Group

Same book twice.

Ok my school does English Literature B with AQA. Now I know this is a long shot but here goes.

For my AS coursework on one of the pieces I wrote about Macbeth. Now this is also an option, but on the A2 exam itself. AQA does not say you can't choose it again but i'm still unsure if I can use it again or is there no way of telling which book I did elsewhere during the marking?

As I said this is a longshot as I imagine very few have had experience with this situation.
(edited 13 years ago)
If you're doing English at uni they drum it into you that this is plagiarism and they literally shoot you if you write about the same book or play and use similar points.

So I would never do it but I don't know if it's different for A-level
I wouldn't risk it, AQA can be ****s.

Is there any way of finding out on the website?
Reply 3
I wouldn't :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by xnatalie01x
I wouldn't risk it, AQA can be ****s.

Is there any way of finding out on the website?

No there is nothing on it. Doesn't even mention the subject.
Original post by Ilovewords
If you're doing English at uni they drum it into you that this is plagiarism and they literally shoot you if you write about the same book or play and use similar points.

So I would never do it but I don't know if it's different for A-level

It would only be plagiarism if the OP used somebody else's work as their own, or if they used their AS coursework essay as their essay in the exam (which would not be a massively successful strategy unless they were lucky enough to get asked the same question).

It would still be pretty dodgy. I would imagine you're being taught about a specific piece in lessons for the exam anyway, so surely it will only matter if that happens to be Macbeth?
Reply 6
Original post by LeSacMagique
It would only be plagiarism if the OP used somebody else's work as their own, or if they used their AS coursework essay as their essay in the exam (which would not be a massively successful strategy unless they were lucky enough to get asked the same question).

It would still be pretty dodgy. I would imagine you're being taught about a specific piece in lessons for the exam anyway, so surely it will only matter if that happens to be Macbeth?

Well in truth we haven't started that area yet. This is the question the teacher is also asking but AQA seem very slow in getting back to her so I thought I would ask here to see if anyone knew.
Reply 7
Don't go there, you'll find it much more rewarding to explore new texts at a higher level.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending