The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

My Nan shops at and buys clothes from Topshop.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
I'm not one of the Topshop generation. I haven't spent a penny in there, and I think I've set foot in my local branch twice in my life, before leaving very quickly for the Primark a few minutes walk away.
Reply 3
:s-smilie: i swear that isnt even about topshop?!
Reply 4
Topshop's not really my scene, tbh.
Original post by luuucyx

It mentions Arcadia (they own Topshop). :dontknow:
I only buy jewellery from topshop, and it's not the classic jewellery you'd see in topshop, it's usually the odd things xD.
Reply 7
Original post by Prince Rhyus
http://ukuncut.org.uk/blog/we-are-not-the-topshop-generation

Do you agree with the writer (who is in her mid-teens) or disagree? (Please provide reasons).

I'm too old to know either way. Your take?

Am I not allowed to like Topshop AND politics? :frown:
Reply 8
Lol am i the only one that read it? The girls an idiot.
She's probably has an awful dress sense.
Original post by naomidawn
Am I not allowed to like Topshop AND politics? :frown:

Lol apparently not. The girl's annoying, I'm in the third year of a politics degree and most of my clothes are Topshop, but hey ho.. :rolleyes:
Reply 11
Original post by Trigger
Lol am i the only one that read it? The girls an idiot.

lol

politicians are sociopaths : o
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo
Lol apparently not. The girl's annoying, I'm in the third year of a politics degree and most of my clothes are Topshop, but hey ho.. :rolleyes:

Agreed, Read the first line, she was annoying.
I got one or two items from topman. I never liked topman in particular, some of their clothing items are weird.
Its still better than superdry tbh.
I have never even entered Topshop or visited their website in my whole entire life. And to be honest, I do not intend to either.
Reply 15
Original post by luuucyx

I believe the point is that she thinks society thinks girls her age are obsessed with shopping (Topshop) and the like, when in fact she isn't like that and is politcally active, taking part in protests and the like (such as the ones at Topshop about tax evasion a while back). Very clever, eh :rolleyes:

As others have mentioned, what she doesn't understand is that it's possible to do both. Thick bitch :facepalm2:
C'mon people, you're all better than that.

Focus your comments on the arguments made in the article. Refrain from personal insults against the writer please. It's not cool, it's not clever. I couldn't care less what you think of the writer, but I am interested in your thoughts on an article written by someone who is probably younger thsn most of you & has the guts to write an article for a website that is currently getting a huge amount of hits due to mainstream media interest. There: /rant over
Haha, sounds like a case of Holden Caulfield syndrome, ranting about young people when she's only studying for GCSEs - I was a little blinkered at that age too. Of course you can do both, she'll realise that with time.

"I’ve been interest in politics for as long as I can remember." looool
What money has HSBC taken from the taxpayer exactly? :curious:

The wannabe-rebel needs to check her facts.
Original post by lost_puppy
"I’ve been interest in politics for as long as I can remember." looool

I thought it was her Personal Statement for a second. :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending