The Student Room Group

Uni problem - too many male friends

Most of my close friends are male which I'd like to change. I miss having girlfriends and all the girls seem to have bonded very well (i'm in a small uni). It's like there are groups of girls, cliques, if you like, and i'm kind of on the side, floating between groups never really being in one group. I find it difficult to become close to girls, it's easier with guys as there's more "banter" or whatever. I'm not even a tomboy, I'm the 'girliest' girl and most of the time I spend with my guy friends consists of us watching films, them taking apart my room and us just joking around and play fighting with each other. What should I do? i just find getting closer to girls difficult...

I really really want close girlfriends....

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Rolling stones gather no moss.
Original post by Anonymous

Spread rumours so the girls start hating each other :wink:
Reply 3
Original post by Iorek
Rolling stones gather no moss.

So I should choose a girl group and stick with them? i have one group in mind but they are very close. they're always with each other, arranging outings etc.
Reply 4
Original post by LaughingBro

lol no. i want to get in with them! i'm more of their acquaintance while the rest are close(r) friends....

^ You gotta create some rift between the close friends so you'll have a better chance innit! :biggrin: Get your male pals to help out :wink:
Reply 6
^ You gotta create some rift between the close friends so you'll have a better chance innit! :biggrin: Get your male pals to help out :wink:

thats not a very nice thing to do!

^ Desperate times calls for desperate measures :wink:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 8
So I should choose a girl group and stick with them? i have one group in mind but they are very close. they're always with each other, arranging outings etc.

Stick to no more than 2 groups...... else you're spreading yourself too thin.

1 is putting all eggs in 1 basket :biggrin:
Join clubs like, cheerleading society? Hot stuff.
Reply 10
lol no. i want to get in with them! i'm more of their acquaintance while the rest are close(r) friends....

hang out with them more, plan something and invite them along.
Reply 11
Original post by Jmzie-Coupe
Join clubs like, cheerleading society? Hot stuff.

no offence, but this is actually the worst advice people give. clubs (around here) are just full of 2nd and 3rd years. i know girl groups, i'm sort of in one but not fully. i want to be fully in one
no offence, but this is actually the worst advice people give. clubs (around here) are just full of 2nd and 3rd years. i know girl groups, i'm sort of in one but not fully. i want to be fully in one

No offence taken. Just an idea, hmm I am confused though, if you 'know girl groups', why are you asking advice on how to be in one?
Reply 13
Original post by Jmzie-Coupe
No offence taken. Just an idea, hmm I am confused though, if you 'know girl groups', why are you asking advice on how to be in one?

i'm more of an attachment onto their group. if you study/studied chemistry, think of the structure of nitrobenzene, they're all the benzene group and i'm the NO2 group. I want to be part of the benzene group but i'm finding it difficult. They're all pretty close already and i'm not fully sure how to be a full member of the group.

I will probably ask them to hang out more, will that even work?
i'm more of an attachment onto their group. if you study/studied chemistry, think of the structure of nitrobenzene, they're all the benzene group and i'm the NO2 group. I want to be part of the benzene group but i'm finding it difficult. They're all pretty close already and i'm not fully sure how to be a full member of the group.

I will probably ask them to hang out more, will that even work?

It's probably because you spend more time with your boyfriends than them. Girls like to interact very regularly with their fellow girlfriends, you should have more 'girly nights out' blah blah etc.
Reply 15
if you study/studied chemistry, think of the structure of nitrobenzene, they're all the benzene group and i'm the NO2 group. I want to be part of the benzene group but i'm finding it difficult.

Did you seriously just use chemistry to describe this :biggrin:
Reply 16

All you've got to do is turn into a carbon atom and then...

Oh.

Hmm.

Yeah, just ask them to hang out more.
Reply 17
Original post by ElMoro
Did you seriously just use chemistry to describe this :biggrin:

:redface: it worked well though didn't it?
Reply 18
Original post by Aurora.
All you've got to do is turn into a carbon atom and then...

Oh.

Hmm.

Yeah, just ask them to hang out more.

Do you mean like asking them to come over and stuff?

but sometimes the conversation gets awkward as we dont know each other that well

Lol :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending