The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by crazylemon
Bah I loath neuroscience. Does anyone know an easy way to learn it?

also I am depressed at how prolific I am on TSR. In fact online in general. :sigh:

I've always believed one learns best by doing :top:
Reply 41
Original post by Renal
Mine's black. Matches my soul. :colone:

Drama queen :tongue:

I shouldn't be up at this hour. I am old I can't take it. I haven't even been drinking.
Original post by Renal

So's mine - but my soul is pearly white sir.
I shall be a saving angel for my patients.
Not punters :p:
Original post by i'm no superman
I wish I could just say X to go. I have pretty much everything bar neuro to go over once more.

By the way, are you intercalating next year? I'm in the process of applying to King's.

Well I'll be going all of it again, just how far I've got first time round if that makes sense.

I doubt it really, not sure I want to intercalate at all; but that could all change I guess. What are you applying for?
Original post by Syncope
From my (admittedly fuzzy) recollection, the epidemiology paper was reasonably straightforward. What scenarios do you have for the midsessional?

I gather as much, which is why I've left it until the last few days really.

We've got the upper limb (down to the flexors/extensors of the forearm), the gloriously disorganised Diabetes one, Breast Canceer and the equally disorganised Fertility one.

I got the fob watch for christmas that comes with removable silicone cases of which there are 9 different colours including a purple one that matches my steth perfectly. I was super excited I could be matching. (Some of our lot failed competencies because they were still wearing a watch. I have no excuses now.)

And.... not on the list :frown: I joined the group an' everythin'!
Original post by Mushi_master
Well I'll be going all of it again, just how far I've got first time round if that makes sense.

I doubt it really, not sure I want to intercalate at all; but that could all change I guess. What are you applying for?
At the moment I'm gearing towards Physiology - but I may change my mind at the last minute and apply for Human Nutrition / Anatomy & Human Sciences. I am so indecisive. I really want to do it before T-year though! :p:
Original post by ilovehotchocolate

I got the fob watch for christmas that comes with removable silicone cases of which there are 9 different colours including a purple one that matches my steth perfectly. I was super excited I could be matching. (Some of our lot failed competencies because they were still wearing a watch. I have no excuses now.)

And.... not on the list :frown: I joined the group an' everythin'!

Added you :smile:

And what watches are these? They sound good :h:
At the moment I'm gearing towards Physiology - but I may change my mind at the last minute and apply for Human Nutrition / Anatomy & Human Sciences. I am so indecisive. I really want to do it before T-year though! :p:

Physiology will work you very hard from what I'm told, but I expect you're more likely to get a more interesting project than for the anatomy/human sciences one.

If I were to do one (as I said - unlikely), I'd be doing Radiological Sciences, Anatomy/Human Sciences, or possibly Philosophy :tongue:
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
Added you :smile:

And what watches are these? They sound good :h:

Thank you!! :smile:
This watch (the insert link button won't work, so excuse the huge n00b like hyperlink):
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003100DBC/ref=asc_df_B003100DBC1636378?smid=A2LSG0KVD0FPUI&tag=googlecouk06-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22218&creativeASIN=B003100DBC
Reply 50
Nurse!

:tongue:
Original post by Renal

Same, but mine not only matches my soul, but my clothes and music.

Yeah.
Physiology will work you very hard from what I'm told, but I expect you're more likely to get a more interesting project than for the anatomy/human sciences one.

If I were to do one (as I said - unlikely), I'd be doing Radiological Sciences, Anatomy/Human Sciences, or possibly Philosophy :tongue:
Yeah the research project in Physiology is what really appeals to me the most. Having said that, I know a guy who said it was the worst year of his life. He came out with a first but still hated every second of it. I'm not quite sure why I like making my life unnecessarily difficult!

Can anyone at King's intercalate or do they have a quota on who can apply internally? I know at George's they base it on bandings / quartile rankings with some formula.
Original post by Renal
Nurse!

:tongue:

:smile: But the colours are so pretty!!

I also got a fancy one from my parents with the heart rates around the outside so I don't have to do any complicated maths like multiplying by 2 when taking HR. :tongue:
Yeah the research project in Physiology is what really appeals to me the most. Having said that, I know a guy who said it was the worst year of his life. He came out with a first but still hated every second of it. I'm not quite sure why I like making my life unnecessarily difficult!

Can anyone at King's intercalate or do they have a quota on who can apply internally? I know at George's they base it on bandings / quartile rankings with some formula.

Which is why I'm avoiding it, I have no drive to do it, so will inevitably hate it!

AFAIK, everyone who has passed all exams on first attempt can do it, but all can apply anyway. Whether you get your choice is based on centile rankings and SSC performance.
Reply 55
Human Nutrition

I really hope you were ********d on mulled wine when you wrote that :wink:
Original post by Alex D
Hey, it's not that bad. I could have said Psychology! :dunce:
Original post by Alex D

How can you not like nutrition, with our 'everybody look at pictures of my new baby' lecturer :p:
Reply 58
I gather as much, which is why I've left it until the last few days really.

We've got the upper limb (down to the flexors/extensors of the forearm), the gloriously disorganised Diabetes one, Breast Canceer and the equally disorganised Fertility one.

Ahh the diabetes scenario. I take it, then, that it's no better organised now than it was when I did it - what, 3 years ago? Good to know they listened to all our complaints about it :rolleyes:
Can I join the list? *angelic face*

Latest