The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ape Gone Insane

Don't watch the old one. You'll probably not like it. :tongue:

I would recommend going if you like the special effects in the trailer (and 3D in general) and like that sort of soundtrack. Oh and the 3D is worth it.

Original post by Jace Falco
The old one is appalling, don't bother.

Thanks
Harraj123
X

Welcome to the society and chat thread! :h:
x

The Usual Suspects, Gran Torino, Silence Of The Lambs.
Original post by SirRamAlot
The Usual Suspects, Gran Torino, Silence Of The Lambs.

Seen the last two. Not seen The Usual Suspects. :colone:

Ah it's got Kevin Spacey in it too, a good story with a twist at the end aswell defo worth watching. :biggrin:
Ah it's got Kevin Spacey in it too, a good story with a twist at the end aswell defo worth watching. :biggrin:

hated the film except for the last 5 mins :P
Original post by JellyyBeanyy
hated the film except for the last 5 mins :P

Lol fair enough. My mate said that too, it's probably a hate it or love it film.
Lol fair enough. My mate said that too, it's probably a hate it or love it film.

To be fair, we were watching it as a class in Film Studies... hmmm I'll try and give it another go at some point :tongue:
Reply 5708

I would suggest Zodiac as well if you haven't seen it. Excellent film. And the Usual Suspects is also awesome, the ending is just :lolwut:

Anyway, just finished watching Patriot Games, definitely my favourite Tom Clancy film.
Zodiac is a wonderful film. Need to see that again at some point.

The Game is another great Fincher film in a similar vein.
Original post by Phalanges
X.

Hope you don't mind the new thread about your video. Wanted to share with other people. :teeth:
The Usual Suspects is fantastic, and not just because of the ending (which I had spoiled for me by the person who recommended it, haha)
Original post by MrCarmady
The Usual Suspects is fantastic, and not just because of the ending (which I had spoiled for me by the person who recommended it, haha)

Good film but when watching I quickly worked out it was Kevin Spacey's character seeing as he's the huge hollywood A-lister acting in it. They always give the big part to the big man. :holmes: :rolleyes:
He wasn't that big in 1995 though.
Reply 5714
Original post by crazyferret
Good film but when watching I quickly worked out it was Kevin Spacey's character seeing as he's the huge hollywood A-lister acting in it. They always give the big part to the big man. :holmes: :rolleyes:

Benicio Del Torro, Stephen Baldwin and Pete Postlethwaite were all pretty highly regarded actors tbh.
Original post by maskofsanity
Fun Fact: Bret Ellis wasn't happy with the moon walk Bale does in that scene.

(I know, the fact's not fun :sad:)

If it wasn't for the 4 bottles of Peroni under my seat, I would have been long gone out that cinema.

But you have to admit Owen Wilson was pretty funny!

Oh no, you watched at the cinema......shame :tongue:......well, I was going to as well but I had my ways of watching it :cool: :tongue:

Yeah, I'll agree with you on that, Own Wilson was the only funny guy in that movie.....Jessica Alba....what where they thinking :confused: lol
Reply 5716
Original post by crazyferret

You should spoiler that :holmes:
Wow, really didn't expect Bridge to Terabithia to be that good. Brilliant.
Has anyone got the new Empire 5-star review magazine/book? Saw it in the newsagents today, it looks quite good...
Your recommendations have been pretty awesome so far. :awesome:

Assassins Creed: Trinity.

It's on its way. :pierre:

Fantastic film. Makes you wonder if you would have done the same thing.

I liked Prison Break for the first series. After that it just got crap. The Sopranos, The Wire and Mad Men are all shows justified by the hype. The quality is consistent over every episode in virtually all seasons.

Brotherhood is pretty fun. :ahee:

And yes, I would've. It was the whole point of John Doe anyway, to show us how flawed we are. John Doe is one of cinema's greatest serial killers.
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest