The Student Room Group

Tips for the getting out the friend zone?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by rhinger
That's what I sort of meant, showing higher value, showing that you're not to be stomped over etc, I didn't explain it clearly enough methinks. Good point about escalation though, I've never thought about that.

There's loads more to it than that. But everything else and every other trick feeds into Value and Escalation in some way. :smile:
Reply 21
Original post by ShnnyShiz
There's loads more to it than that. But everything else and every other trick feeds into Value and Escalation in some way. :smile:

I'm just wondering - have you seen the show Keys to the VIP? It's downright hilarious. It's about testing player's abilities to pull at nightclubs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBEko44gqfU

A lot of what you've said is shown in the show's episodes.
Reply 22
Original post by rhinger
I'm just wondering - have you seen the show Keys to the VIP? It's downright hilarious. It's about testing player's abilities to pull at nightclubs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBEko44gqfU

A lot of what you've said is shown in the show's episodes.

It's a good laugh :L but I wouldn't try and copy those "players". Most of them have no game.
Reply 23
Original post by ShnnyShiz
It's a good laugh :L but I wouldn't try and copy those "players". Most of them have no game.

Yeah, true, only a few are worth noting. I only watch it for its comedy hahah
Reply 24
Original post by rhinger
Hasn't worked in my experience, actually. I'm guessing you used the nice guy approach? It sorta never worked out for me.

A Swiss friend of mine on the other hand was a total jerk to girls. I thought he was retarded, but he got plenty of chicks to him. I've learnt from him.

'Nice guys approach'? No... I used the 'be myself and see if they like me' approach. Though a bit of sentimentality and kindness goes a long way in a friendship.

Your swiss friend may have got plenty of chicks... but how meaningful were those relationships? There is no point in being someone else around girls to get them to like you, more often than not it backfires.

It sounds cheesy, but be yourself, be confident, and wait until you meet someone who likes you. Worth it when it comes around.
Original post by James4d

It sounds cheesy, but be yourself, be confident, and wait until you meet someone who likes you. Worth it when it comes around.

Aye I think this is pretty sound advice.
Reply 26
Original post by channy
Where's the guy who always says:

"put them in the rape zone"?

He got raped.

Reply 27
Why would you even be interested in dating when you're 15? Have you ever tried humor? That gets them ladies.. all the time.
Reply 28
Dip your cock in marmalade, then approach girls.

Girls "Oh hey, give me that, lets skip friendship and go straight to sex"

Proceed past GO, collect 200 pounds etc.
Reply 30
Original post by bitturiju
Why would you even be interested in dating when you're 15? Have you ever tried humor? That gets them ladies.. all the time.

I'm 17 now, nearing 18 in July. And I'll be in university in September so I need training...

And I'm aight with humour :wink:
Original post by rhinger
Hey babies. And men.

So I got into the friend zones of several girls last year, when I naively thought as a 15/16 year old that being very nice leads to much pussy to hammer. Wrong.

Don't be attached to them. I don't really care about my friends. I genuinely don't. To me, they are people who I talk to because otherwise I would know no one.
I don't particularly text, facebook, e-mail, msn them unless I have to. Otherwise, they normally start the conversation. Normally, I talk to them in university, even then, I don't hang around with them as much. After university finishes, it is unlikely I will keep in contact with them.
Reply 32
Original post by rhinger
I agree with you, especially the last bit. The thing is though that me and my Swiss friend both aren't into relationships, mostly because we're busy with school lives, and... reasons based on not wanting emotional fusses. Sounds pretty shallow for the girls but unfortunately that's the way it is.

But if I'm finding a relationship, I've always followed the message of the last sentence.

I don't mean to be patronising, but after being in a relationship you realise how **** random pulls and hook-ups really are- so I wouldn't worry too much about getting girls.

Pulling ****loads of girls does NOT make you a better person. Don't make a big deal out of it.
Reply 33
Original post by rhinger
I'm 17 now, nearing 18 in July. And I'll be in university in September so I need training...

And I'm aight with humour :wink:

Oh then it's cool. All I can say is if you fancy a girl..(that made me sound so British)..just go and ask her out. Try not to get friend zoned. And for a place to go out, try places where you can actually talk and concentrate on each other and have fun at the same time. So try and avoid movies. Just throwing some advice out there for ya brah if you get past the first stage.
Reply 34
Well, when you grow up, (i.e. relationship sex where you have time to explore each others bodies and learn EVERY LITTLE THING that turns them on) you'll realize that the "friend zone" is the optimal place to be if you want some really good sex (relationship sex where you have time to explore each others bodies and learn EVERY LITTLE THING that turns them on) .
Reply 35
Original post by bitturiju
Oh then it's cool. All I can say is if you fancy a girl..(that made me sound so British)..just go and ask her out. Try not to get friend zoned. And for a place to go out, try places where you can actually talk and concentrate on each other and have fun at the same time. So try and avoid movies. Just throwing some advice out there for ya brah if you get past the first stage.

Yee, that's what I always do!

Original post by Azayki
Well, when you grow up, (i.e. relationship sex where you have time to explore each others bodies and learn EVERY LITTLE THING that turns them on) you'll realize that the "friend zone" is the optimal place to be if you want some really good sex (relationship sex where you have time to explore each others bodies and learn EVERY LITTLE THING that turns them on) .

Well, it's not good to be in the friend zone, where you're basically seen as not being sexual material, when the girl can pretty much choose any guy outside the zone.
Reply 36
Original post by James4d
I don't mean to be patronising, but after being in a relationship you realise how **** random pulls and hook-ups really are- so I wouldn't worry too much about getting girls.

Pulling ****loads of girls does NOT make you a better person. Don't make a big deal out of it.

To be frank, I don't pride myself on hookups with random girls/"friends". And it's not like I'm the only one who wants the hook-up! The girl I end up pulling obviously wants some action too.

I have been in relationships before. I understand it's a good thing, but for some guys like myself, we just haven't found the "perfect one" to be completely loyal to. If I know I'm going to be with different girls, I don't want to hurt one by saying we're in a relationship.
Reply 37
Original post by rhinger

Well, it's not good to be in the friend zone, where you're basically seen as not being sexual material, when the girl can pretty much choose any guy outside the zone.

I suppose I just disagree with the whole idea of "friend zone" then. I don't believe, unless you're a kid still, that being a woman's friend automatically means you won't ever get to have sex with her. It's quite the opposite in the adult world, anyway.
Original post by rhinger

I've figured that just being a complete dick to the girl is a way of getting yourself of out the friend zone. Be a jerk, don't reply to texts, MSN messages, facebook wall posts, but do reply to your other friends. If you will reply, appear unenthusiastic and take a long time. Then you'll seem like a proper jerk, you're not someone she can just rule and stomp over the whole time.

That's proper badass not replying to MSN messages or facebook wall posts, the true hallmark of gangster. :gangster:
Reply 39
I suggest rape.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending