The Student Room Group

Have people started revising for C1 Maths exam yet?

I've got mine on the 10th of January and haven't even looked at anything yet :l Is one week enough to learn everything, that's what I was planning on giving myself. I left GCSE revision to the day before and they didn't turn out too bad :tongue:
I understand most things it's just quadratics that throws me :mad:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Start tomorrow, mate.
Reply 2
PFFT core 1 why even revise?
lol same :P i reckon itll be okay after a few past papers?
Reply 4
Original post by WildStallion94
lol same :P i reckon itll be okay after a few past papers?

I really am so unmotivated, argh was meant to revise with a friend today but even made an excuse not to go with her.
Need a wake up call.
Reply 5
i've also got C1 on the 10th of Jan, just focus on chapter 6 to chapter 8(series and sequences, differentiation and integration) thats msot likely to come up but with even more marks available for them.

they are 8 chapters and they are usually 10/11 questions in C1 so no doubt u will be tested on each chapter so there is no place to hide.
just go through past papers and it shud be fine
Reply 6
Original post by Oasis Jnr
i've also got C1 on the 10th of Jan, just focus on chapter 6 to chapter 8(series and sequences, differentiation and integration) thats msot likely to come up but with even more marks available for them.

they are 8 chapters and they are usually 10/11 questions in C1 so no doubt u will be tested on each chapter so there is no place to hide.

Is that from the textbook? I cant find my textbook :K:
Oh my goodness!, one week before your exam! Jheez, i started revising like in september last year when i did mine, but, i am kind of slow so you know :erm:
Reply 8
I have done C1 and take my advise, get a decent grade first time around. When I did it last year, I got a disgraceful 55 (D) due to 3 days of revision but did it again in June and got 89 (A). Looking back at it C1 is nothing compared to C3. So I am going to try my luck and do another resit next year in June and try and get something from 95-100. C1 is by far the easiest module and you can easily get 85-95 the first time around with sufficient revision.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Oasis Jnr

Ive got it on the 10th too. I started revising 2 weeks ago :s-smilie: and i get everything inthe edexcel textbook but once it comes down to the actual exam papers i find it soo hard! I think im doing well and i end up getting them wrong!
Original post by mkb230
I have done C1 and take my advise, get a decent grade first time around. When I did it last year, I got a disgraceful 55 (D) due to 3 days of revision but did it again in June and got 89 (A). Looking back at it C1 is nothing compared to C3. So I am going to try my luck and do another resit next year in June and try and get something from 95-100. C1 is by far the easiest module and you can easily get 85-95 the first time around with sufficient revision.

Listen to mkb230! This is pretty much what I did. Get a good grade now, and you won't need to resit. It'll save you a lot of trouble, and you will be able to use the time later to focus on other subjects, rather than revising for C1... =P
Reply 11
Original post by mkb230

Tbf we had a mock paper in December and I didn't revise and came out with a C. It was just silly mistakes i made but I nearly got a B. There was only 1 question I couldn't do and that was Quadratics, factor theorem etc.

Still I had better revise now, someone tell me to start revising! I have no motivation!!!
No... but my exam is in the summer :colondollar:
Reply 13
Original post by hash007
Tbf we had a mock paper in December and I didn't revise and came out with a C. It was just silly mistakes i made but I nearly got a B. There was only 1 question I couldn't do and that was Quadratics, factor theorem etc.

Still I had better revise now, someone tell me to start revising! I have no motivation!!!

Tbf just get off TSR and revise. A C in C1 with no revision is by no means impressive. Save yourself the effort of retaking and do some work.
Reply 14
i did a mock with about a day's revision and got 85%. but its still not high enough, and nothing i do seems to bring the grade up. i do revision for it nearly every day, but whenever i do past papers i either give up and can't do any of it, or do all of it, feel confident, mark it and then find out ive gotten 85% again. its like the gods decided i was never to go above 85%!!!!! :eek:
Reply 15
no but really should
Reply 16
Original post by hash007

Last year, I was in exactly the same position as you, couldn't be arsed to revise for my exams and I ended up with terrible grades, had no one but myself to blame. Then I did a reality check and thought if I don't start revising now then I'll probably end up flipping burgers in McDonalds and that was just the motivation I needed. We all know what the current situation with uni admissions like. We'll all be on our knees begging for a place if we don't get the grades we need because we didn't revise for the exams.
Reply 17
Original post by Schnecke
Tbf just get off TSR and revise. A C in C1 with no revision is by no means impressive. Save yourself the effort of retaking and do some work.

I was pretty impressed, a lot of the people in my class got U's even with revision. I think i got third top score. But enough of this, im off to revise!!!!
Reply 18
Original post by hash007
I was pretty impressed, a lot of the people in my class got U's even with revision. I think i got third top score. But enough of this, im off to revise!!!!

This is true; some TSR students don't realise how bad some people are at C1 - a C is a good grade compared with some of the wasters in my class. Why they took Maths is beyond me.
(edited 13 years ago)
No need to revise for C1 - it is too easy. I'm revising for C2 and M1 only, and maths is a subject that I don't revise much for anyway.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest