The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5720
Original post by Seanisonfire
Wow, really didn't expect Bridge to Terabithia to be that good. Brilliant.

Did you find that film pretty emotional towards the end? I was really caught off guard by it thinking it was a kids film and was not expecting it to happen (I hope you know what I'm on about!)
Original post by Deshi

Original post by Deshi
Did you find that film pretty emotional towards the end? I was really caught off guard by it thinking it was a kids film and was not expecting it to happen (I hope you know what I'm on about!)

Yeah, barely a dry eye in the house :sad:
Reply 5722
I agree with the Bridge to Terabithia sentiments, the trailer is so damn misleading, I was expecting a light hearted kid's fantasy then BOOM EMOTION!
Original post by boromir9111
Oh no, you watched at the cinema......shame :tongue:......well, I was going to as well but I had my ways of watching it :cool: :tongue:

Yeah, I'll agree with you on that, Own Wilson was the only funny guy in that movie.....Jessica Alba....what where they thinking :confused: lol

Haha, well played, I should have done the same thing.

Yeah, but... when she strips :sogood:
Original post by Seanisonfire
Yeah, barely a dry eye in the house :sad:

oh well watch Lemony Snicket's: A Series of Unfortunate Events ..

seen it a few times, but is surprising like Bridge to Terabithia:smile:
I just watched Buried. :yawn:
:indiff:

Metal Gear Solid movie due for 2012.

Jeez, I wonder how they'll get around that since Hideo Kojima is a perfectionist. Heck, he wasn't completely happy with MGS4 and it's one of the greatest games to ever hit a console.

They better hire David Hayter as Solid Snake. :shifty:

Because Solid Snake is the only person that could toe the line with Chuck Norris. :p:
(edited 13 years ago)
I'm more worried whether they will simplify the story.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
I'm more worried whether they will simplify the story.

Apparently Hideo is the Executive Producer and writer. :awesome:

And I have a good feeling if the studio put pressure on him to simplify the story, he'll walk away from the project. Even if they got in another writer, there will be such an uproar from fans.

Don't really see a need for a movie though. The games are almost like a movie. Metal Gear Solid 4 apparently has like 8 hours of cutscenes and 13 hours of gameplay.

And I think MGS3 Subsistence has an extra that lets you watch the cutscenes edited together so it's like a whole movie.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Phalanges
Has anyone got the new Empire 5-star review magazine/book? Saw it in the newsagents today, it looks quite good...

What is this exactly?

A book compilation of every 5 star review from all the years by Empire?

Hoping you will say yes.

Original post by Madjackismad
I liked Prison Break for the first series. After that it just got crap. The Sopranos, The Wire and Mad Men are all shows justified by the hype. The quality is consistent over every episode in virtually all seasons.

Brotherhood is pretty fun. :ahee:

And yes, I would've. It was the whole point of John Doe anyway, to show us how flawed we are. John Doe is one of cinema's greatest serial killers.

That's what a lot of people seem to be saying (except rofflewaffle) - that Prison Break declines in quality after season 1.

Original post by getfunky!
oh well watch Lemony Snicket's: A Series of Unfortunate Events ..

seen it a few times, but is surprising like Bridge to Terabithia:smile:

Not in the emotional sense, I would guess. I love the books and the general humour of Lemony Snicket.

Original post by unknownking321
I just watched Buried. :yawn:

Really that bad?

Metal Gear Solid movie due for 2012.

It's been on IMDB for years and they just keep pushing it forward as time goes by. I remember going on the site in 2002 and seeing it.
Original post by noggins
It's been on IMDB for years and they just keep pushing it forward as time goes by. I remember going on the site in 2002 and seeing it.

Ah, that's okay then. :h:
Reply 5732
Who's seen "The Kids Are All Right", it looks nice to me...
Apparently Hideo is the Executive Producer and writer. :awesome:

And I have a good feeling if the studio put pressure on him to simplify the story, he'll walk away from the project. Even if they got in another writer, there will be such an uproar from fans.

Don't really see a need for a movie though. The games are almost like a movie. Metal Gear Solid 4 apparently has like 8 hours of cutscenes and 13 hours of gameplay.

And I think MGS3 Subsistence has an extra that lets you watch the cutscenes edited together so it's like a whole movie.

Apparently there was some sort of interactive encyclopaedia before/during the release of MGS4 - on the Playstation Network which sort of brought you up to speed with everything in the MGS universe. Did you check this out (if it's still there)? Although knowing you - you're probably already well versed in the story.

They pushed Blu-ray to the limit. The end scene alone is over an hour. I agree, there's no need for it at the moment. It would make a great movie in future though.

lukejoshjedi
X

NicoleFunki
X

Welcome to the society and chat thread guys! :h:

Any favourite movies or recent films you've watched? Please do share! :smile:
Reply 5734
hi,can we friend
Reply 5735
hi
Original post by uplama
hi,can we friend

If you're not a troll, yes, we can. Welcome to the thread. :h:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Firaila
Who's seen "The Kids Are All Right", it looks nice to me...

i've seen the trailer, read a few reviews. looks really good, been meaning to watch it for some time now.. anyone else seen it ?
Just watched "The Usual Suspects".

Spoiler

Original post by FinalFlash
Just watched "The Usual Suspects".

Spoiler

Kevin Spacey seems to be pretty good at endings. American Beauty :cry2:

Latest

Trending

Trending