Diagnostic Radiography or radiotherapy applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 700
Original post by malipa
Hi :smile:
Has anyone applied at UCS?

Me, interview in January.
Reply 701
I've got my first interview on 10th jan at UWE and i'm ****ting ittttt:confused: has anyone had an interview there or anywhere just to give me some advice on what to prepare for and also what to wear.

Thank youu! :smile:
Original post by Chippy92

I've got my first interview on 10th jan at UWE and i'm ****ting ittttt:confused: has anyone had an interview there or anywhere just to give me some advice on what to prepare for and also what to wear.

I wish you all the best. Unfortunately I don't know what its going to be like because I have an interview there on the 14th March.

Did they tell you what your interview consists of?

All I can say is control the nerves. I panicked when I first found out I have an interview there and all I could do was imagine everything that could go wrong. However, nerves will no doubt make it worse. If you want to succeed, do your research, know exactly why you selected that course/university. Communication is important, good talking skills is vital.

As for clothing, dress smartly? but come across as yourself. After all they're more interested in you and what sort of person you are. Whether you have the right personality to empathise and take care of patients etc.

Good luck and let us know how it goes :smile:
What you wear doesn't matter in the slightest.
Last year I saw people in jeans or leggings and long tops. (I saw one girl in leggings and a top and leopard print pumps and she was made an offer) I also saw people in full suits but only one or two. I just stuck to smart pants and a shirt with a knitted vest over the top.

One thing I was told was to have your hair tied back, little to no make up on, no jewellery except for small stud earrings and a watch. This is what would be required when working in a hospital and subtly shows your understanding of this.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 704
Original post by amani-puresapphire
I wish you all the best. Unfortunately I don't know what its going to be like because I have an interview there on the 14th March.

Did they tell you what your interview consists of?

All I can say is control the nerves. I panicked when I first found out I have an interview there and all I could do was imagine everything that could go wrong. However, nerves will no doubt make it worse. If you want to succeed, do your research, know exactly why you selected that course/university. Communication is important, good talking skills is vital.

As for clothing, dress smartly? but come across as yourself. After all they're more interested in you and what sort of person you are. Whether you have the right personality to empathise and take care of patients etc.

Good luck and let us know how it goes :smile:

Erm well a 30 minute writing task (oh dear) and 15 minute interview with 2 people. Thats what it said in the letter. the written task is about why radiography and all that. I am just really nervous haha

I'm more anxious about Exeter or Leeds though. They seem more tough but they're not till February :smile:
Reply 705
Original post by razzmatazz rach
What you wear doesn't matter in the slightest.
Last year I saw people in jeans or leggings and long tops. (I saw one girl in leggings and a top and leopard print pumps and she was made an offer) I also saw people in full suits but only one or two. I just stuck to smart pants and a shirt with a knitted vest over the top.

One thing I was told was to have your hair tied back, little to no make up on, no jewellery except for small stud earrings and a watch. This is what would be required when working in a hospital and subtly shows your understanding of this.

Oh no! i look like such a twit with my hair tied back lol. But thank you!

Was this at UWE or in general??

Thaaaaaaaaanks
Oh no! i look like such a twit with my hair tied back lol. But thank you!

Was this at UWE or in general??

Thaaaaaaaaanks

I haven't applied to UWE, it is just in general. This is just what I was told last year for my interviews (I am reapplying). I have heard other people being told this too when having interviews for midwifery and other healthcare professions.
Reply 707

Good Luck
I know its hard to calm down, but just take it easy.
go there wear anything smart No tooo much MAKE UP or big bag.
just be yourself.
Erm well a 30 minute writing task (oh dear) and 15 minute interview with 2 people. Thats what it said in the letter. the written task is about why radiography and all that. I am just really nervous haha

I'm more anxious about Exeter or Leeds though. They seem more tough but they're not till February :smile:

Hey Chippy,

Good luck, I am sure you will be fine. Try not to panic too much. You have been invited to lots of interviews by the sounds of it so you obviously have a strong application. Just remember that and I am sure you will do just fine.
Reply 709
Original post by karimbilal

Original post by karimbilal
Thanks suek for you help earlier.

I now got an invite to a "selection and post application event" on the 5th of jan 10:00am at Hertfordshire. I have to stay there for 5 hours which includes a presentation, but the important bit is the admissions test and group exercise. I was expecting a regular interview from what I saw on ucas track. Then the letter through the post explained all of this. Has anyone done this sort of thing before? Should I still wear a suit? Or will black trousers, a shirt and a v-neck jumper be enough?

Oh wow...guess will see u on the 5th. I've got an interview there as well. Am so nervous and not sure whether to drive or take the train. Would be nice to know what sort of questions they will be asking the group..Anyway..good luck!
I can't wait to start hearing news again from Tuesday :smile:
Happy new year everyone!
Original post by dreaminchicken

The unis I'm applying for are Cumbria, Salford, BCU and Derby. The last 3 choices are just in case really. At a push I have friends or family I could stay with if I went to those unis and go home at weekends.

Have you started your PS yet? I take it you're a mature student? I am way over the limit and not even started writing about my clinical visit or my interests. It's all about relevant experience and why I wanna do radiography. Must be 3 x the size it should be already. There's gonna be a hell of a lot of editing!

have you got a reply from salford yet? i read they interview all uk applicants.

Salford I got rejected a few weeks ago for not saying enough about the professional role of a radiographer in my PS which was disappointing at the time and knocked my confidence a bit as I had an interview the following week at my first choice lol.

Bradford I have had an acknowledgment from to say they will be in touch soon.

Derby - invite to interview

BCU - nothing

With Salford I would take it as no news is good news. Would be ideal for you really if you could get in there wouldn't it. Have you been on any open days?

i really want to go to salford, but haven't received any news yet. however, i've been invited for a group interview at bradford. i'm beginning to think that maybe salford wait until everyone has applied and then call their applicants for interviews.
Salford I got rejected a few weeks ago for not saying enough about the professional role of a radiographer in my PS which was disappointing at the time and knocked my confidence a bit as I had an interview the following week at my first choice lol.

Bradford I have had an acknowledgment from to say they will be in touch soon.

Derby - invite to interview

BCU - nothing

With Salford I would take it as no news is good news. Would be ideal for you really if you could get in there wouldn't it. Have you been on any open days?

When is your Derby interview?
Mines 16th of Feb.
Original post by bright_girl
have you got a reply from salford yet? i read they interview all uk applicants.

Hi I got rejected from Salford about 5 wks after applying to them.

Original post by razzmatazz rach
When is your Derby interview?
Mines 16th of Feb.

My interview was meant to be the 23rd Feb but I've since withdrawn my application from Derby.

Original post by bright_girl
i really want to go to salford, but haven't received any news yet. however, i've been invited for a group interview at bradford. i'm beginning to think that maybe salford wait until everyone has applied and then call their applicants for interviews.

I am wanting to put Bradford as my insurance in case I need it but I don't really want to travel for interviews. How long did it take for you to hear from Bradford. They have asked me for details of a second referee which I've provided now so I hope they get back to mee soonish one way or another. I am just wanting to put all this UCAS stuff to an end now. Do you know if they interview everybody?

Saying that I am thinking of going to a BCU radiography applicant visit day next week. Has anyone visited before? I was in the mids over the weekend and drove by there to get a first impression and I still don't know whether to take a look around or not. It looks like such a big place and the lectures must be huge with the numbers they take on? I can't help but think I'd be daft if I ruled it out as an insurance choice without even taking a look, especially as I've already got an offer from them.
(edited 13 years ago)
Hi everybody :smile:

I've got an interview at teesside for diagnostic radiography on thursday.
It was meant to be in december but had to be rearranged due to the bad weather,
I hope this wont affect my chances?

Can anyone tell me what to expect in the interview at teesside? :smile:

Also, has anybody heard from shef hallam yet? Their taking a long time :eek:

thanks alot :biggrin:
Happy New Year everyone! Just had acknowledgements from Liverpool and Herts, dying to hear some news back.

Waiting around for UCAS is head wreaking :/
I hope all you guys who haven't heard any news yet get some GOOD news tomorrow. To be honest I can't believe xmas is over already and we are in Jan. Just think positive - before we know it the next 8 months will have flown by and we will be in uni training to be radiographers rather than sweating over UCAS :smile:
Reply 719
hey, I have an interview for Exeter on the 1st of Feb and was just wondering what to expect if anyone has had it already. Anything extra to look out for apart from all the 'why this course?' '...uni?'???
Also I've got an interview at Brad on the 23rd Feb, any1 else going? What topics do u think will be asked for the group interview? and do you have to do a presentation? independently? if so what on?
Sorry 4 all the questions, but would love it if you could answer at least some haha:rolleyes:
I've also applied for Sheff Hallam, City and BCU :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest