The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Will I get kicked out?

I'm currently a 1st year and I have recently been arrested for drink driving and am awaiting prosecution, does the university have to know about this and if so, will I get expelled as a result?

Thanks.
I doubt it.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Here's hoping.
Reply 3
depends on how it affects your study. probably not i think. ifit were more serious a conviction it might affect things.
Reply 4
Are you on a professional course?
Reply 5
Original post by gladders2610
I'm currently a 1st year and I have recently been arrested for drink driving and am awaiting prosecution, does the university have to know about this and if so, will I get expelled as a result?

Thanks.

A friend of mine has a sister who got arrested for not tapping in her oyster card on the bus when she was travelling back to Halls. She got arrested and had a criminal record, but because she had done her Ucas and stuff and was already at uni, she did not have to declare it to the University (Think it was UCL). I think you will be ok, you don't have to notify them about anything as you already attend there. For some reason as well, the criminal record disappeared after she left UCL, so she was pretty lucky, if she tried to get a job with that it would hold her back. Hopefully and maybe same thing will apply in your case.

All the best man.
Original post by Rugar
depends on how it affects your study. probably not i think. ifit were more serious a conviction it might affect things.

Yeah- this.
If its a professional course you are doing then it might but it shouldnt do.
Reply 7
for courses such as medicine, paramedic science, law, and dentristry etc. (i.e. professional courses .... Yes.

otherwise, you might be ok, but i would probably get a friend to "hypothetically" ask someone at the university.
Drink Driving?
Reply 9
Original post by Aeroman1
A friend of mine has a sister who got arrested for not tapping in her oyster card on the bus when she was travelling back to Halls. She got arrested and had a criminal record, but because she had done her Ucas and stuff and was already at uni, she did not have to declare it to the University (Think it was UCL). I think you will be ok, you don't have to notify them about anything as you already attend there. For some reason as well, the criminal record disappeared after she left UCL, so she was pretty lucky, if she tried to get a job with that it would hold her back. Hopefully and maybe same thing will apply in your case.

All the best man.

Thankyou, this means a lot that someone actually sympathises.
Reply 10
Original post by Aeroman1

All the best man.

That's Harsh. They have the choice of lettingher off with a warning, giving a fine of £20-£50 or prosecuting her and they prosecuted her!:confused: Worse than traffic wardens :angry:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending