The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Smile88egc

Can I join the list? *angelic face*

What's your year and where do you study?

Asking that made me feel like Cilla Black on Blind Date...."What's yer name and where do yer come from?" :p:
Reply 61
Can I join the list too? *Wouldn't say I can pull off angelic face, but I'll give a smile*

I'm a second year at Manchester, I'm aware it says so in my sig, but can't hurt to put it in again anyway :smile:
Well hello Cilla.....I'm a 5th year and I study at Peninsula *audience cheer*
Original post by CWallace91

Original post by CWallace91
Can I join the list too? *Wouldn't say I can pull off angelic face, but I'll give a smile*

I'm a second year at Manchester, I'm aware it says so in my sig, but can't hurt to put it in again anyway :smile:

Well hello Cilla.....I'm a 5th year and I study at Peninsula *audience cheer*

Done and done :smile:
Reply 64
I'm going through the list and adding everyone who's an official member of the group to it at the moment - some people haven't actually joined the group yet so I've invited some and everyone else just needs to make sure for themselves!
Reply 65
Thanks to whoever added me. If someone could add "MBChB, Manchester - Clinical Teaching Fellow" that would be great

Still not quite sure how I got lost from the original list given that I was in this society before most of you were even born (slight exaggeration).
Original post by Daveo

Original post by Daveo
Thanks to whoever added me. If someone could add "MBChB, Manchester - Clinical Teaching Fellow" that would be great

Still not quite sure how I got lost from the original list given that I was in this society before most of you were even born (slight exaggeration).

That was me :smile: Wasn't sure what year you were in so I left it :p: Added the second bit too :h:
Reply 67
Original post by Fission_Mailed
Mine is red. I wore it for like, three hours in my room when it came. Made me feel like a grown up. :redface:

That's genuinely sad.

I listened to the hearts of all my flatmates :tongue:
Reply 68
Original post by Daveo

Everytime I see your sig I feel the need to congratulate you on your marriage :smile:
Reply 69
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
That was me :smile: Wasn't sure what year you were in so I left it :p: Added the second bit too :h:

Thanks!
Original post by Daveo
Clinical Teaching Fellow

Does this mean you're on some crusade to make sure no one has the experience you did at manc, something akin to...

...a superhero? :colondollar:
Reply 71
Original post by lekky
Everytime I see your sig I feel the need to congratulate you on your marriage :smile:

Thanks, and just for you i've updated my signature to the past tense!
Oh crap.....only 3 days of holiday left, most of which is taken up with new year hangover!!! Quite want to go in to A&E on Saturday though, just to be a spectator to the madness!
Reply 73
Original post by JordanCarroll
Does this mean you're on some crusade to make sure no one has the experience you did at manc, something akin to...

...a superhero? :colondollar:

Something like that!

Unfortunately I quickly realised that I am at present a tiny fish in a very large pond (an ocean infact).
Original post by Daveo
Something like that!

Unfortunately I quickly realised that I am at present a tiny fish in a very large pond (an ocean infact).

You're not a tiny fish. You're not even a fish :awesome:
Original post by Daveo
Something like that!

:biggrin:

Want to elaborate?
Reply 76
Original post by JordanCarroll
:biggrin:

Want to elaborate?

All medical schools have problems, there is no perfect way of doing anything. Decisions are made at a ridiculously high level often by people who have no involvement with clinical medicine (or are so senior they have lost touch with reality).

My current job is hugely interesting and on a micro-local level I hope to improve things a little but to do anything more requires much more than a year and a much more senior post. Hopefully in 20 years I might be able to change something significant!
Reply 77
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
You're not a tiny fish. You're not even a fish :awesome:

:redface: was waiting for that!
Original post by Daveo
All medical schools have problems, there is no perfect way of doing anything. Decisions are made at a ridiculously high level often by people who have no involvement with clinical medicine (or are so senior they have lost touch with reality).

My current job is hugely interesting and on a micro-local level I hope to improve things a little but to do anything more requires much more than a year and a much more senior post. Hopefully in 20 years I might be able to change something significant!

Ahh, I see what you mean. I can draw some parallels between this issue and the way QMUL which is senior makes decisions regarding BL, which as much the students/staff like to defend the autonomy of, has to accept the decisions of it's seniors at QMUL..

Although good luck with what you're doing, and wish you the best with where this position takes you! :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by lekky
I listened to the hearts of all my flatmates :tongue:

Everyone on my floor is male. :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending