The Student Room Group

Girls (and maybe guys) - how much does/did your virginity mean to you?

Scroll to see replies

It means a lot to me, I'm saving myself for my future husband. While this may seem strange to some it's what I believe in.
Original post by Anonymous
It means a lot to me, I'm saving myself for my future husband. While this may seem strange to some it's what I believe in.

I'm with you on that :smile: x
Reply 82
Original post by fredscarecrow
:colone:
The question is, did she ever see him again? Otherwise she's just stuck walking a dog to a park every day for nothing :tongue:

Hah! Probably not.
Have you ever seen North and South? Richard's performance is, well, endearing. :wink:
Reply 83
I voted not much, but I didn't mean it in like a slutty way. I just meant that having a big thing about virginity seems a but too much pressure, like I'd have to make it so special and romantic and memorable. Not that that wouldn't be nice, but I'll have when I want to, and I don't want to be thinking 'not now, it's not the right time' if you know what I mean...
Original post by Riso
Hah! Probably not.
Have you ever seen North and South? Richard's performance is, well, endearing. :wink:

It's what got me into him in the first place :biggrin:
I'm writing my dissertation on Victorian factory architecture, and to see a beautiful man, amongst beautiful buildings... Well, let's just say I love it :colondollar:
The cravatte scene :coma:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 85
Original post by fredscarecrow
It's what got me into him in the first place :biggrin:
I'm writing my dissertation on Victorian factory architecture, and to see a beautiful man, amongst beautiful buildings... Well, let's just say I love it :colondollar:
The cravatte scene :coma:

Watch Spooks! He's totally tortured and hunky in that TV epic.
I actually went to Helmshore Mill, where they filmed the interior cotton mill scenes, and pranced up and down the machine room, where they filmed the end of one episode where Margaret Hale was talking about how she's 'seen hell'. I think this probably nudges me into the stalker sector :biggrin:
As if you get to write about it! You cow! I'm totally jealous.
I value virginity in the way I want it to be with someone I love and trust, but it's not really massive "oh my god, I've lost it" thing.
Original post by ctarling
Sentimental nonsense. You'll save it for someone 'special' and probably end up hating him forever, sooner or later.

Not really. You might end up hating them for a while if things go tits up, but it'd be a bit sad if you spent forever expending hate over something like that. :wink:

You supposedly never forget your first time, but I pretty much have. I just sort of have this vague recollection of it being really quite bad.. but I don't really remember anything else. Then again, it was nearly a decade ago...
Reply 88
It made me realise being a virgin is of so little importance, is not an achievement of any sort and only serves as a reminder that you simply haven't had sex yet. That's all it is.

I'm still with that same person after more than two years so it's not as if I'm throwing it about everywhere. :dontknow:

It hurt like a bitch though.
Original post by Riso
Watch Spooks! He's totally tortured and hunky in that TV epic.
I actually went to Helmshore Mill, where they filmed the interior cotton mill scenes, and pranced up and down the machine room, where they filmed the end of one episode where Margaret Hale was talking about how she's 'seen hell'. I think this probably nudges me into the stalker sector :biggrin:
As if you get to write about it! You cow! I'm totally jealous.

:biggrin: I love my dissertation like a proper nerd. But I'm jealous of you actually having been there! How exciting! [I think it says something about me that I don't think your behaviour is unnatural or scary :wink:]
I have seen a couple of episodes of spooks [hawwt] but I have to admit, I haven't been able to get into it - maybe because I'd need to start from series one to know the story lines and I cant be bothered to go back that far! I still watch the odd episode for his face though.

...i think we should stop hijacking the thread. Sorry guys...
Let us use RA as an example of when we regret having lost our virginity to whoever we did, and how we'd only ever like to sleep with one..specific man.:colone:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 90
Original post by *pitseleh*
Not really. You might end up hating them for a while if things go tits up, but it'd be a bit sad if you spent forever expending hate over something like that. :wink:

You supposedly never forget your first time, but I pretty much have. I just sort of have this vague recollection of it being really quite bad.. but I don't really remember anything else. Then again, it was nearly a decade ago...

I can assure you that I could quite easily hate my ex forever. 'Tits up' doesn't come close. I'm not going to sit around seething with rage about it: I'm a better person for it and she's still an ugly, selfish whore. :biggrin:
Reply 91
Original post by Azayki
Nevermind what I said! Just let it happen. Don't rush it, lots of foreplay, get her comfortable and really worked up. Let her decide what position she is most comfortable in. Some girls like to be the one on top the first time, others just prefer the guy to be in control!

I second the above.
Very important tome. I'm still a virgin and I don't plan losing my virginity until I'm happily married.
Original post by fist of the south star
Point I'm trying to make is that if it does not mean anything than it would not exist to begin with. The act of losing one's virginity has a symbolic function if nothing else. Which following on from this rationale, means that it must stand for something.

Don't be so quick to 'facepalm' comments which you have not read fully or understood.

What? Virginity doesn't "exist", it's not an object. It's simply a word which describes having never had sex. For virginity to "not exist", that would require people to be sexually experienced from the moment of their conception. By the same logic, the state of never have done anything (eating tofu, for example) "exists" and therefore "means something". Just think about what you're saying for a moment.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Pink Bullets
What? Virginity doesn't "exist", it's not an object. It's simply a word which describes having never had sex. For virginity to "not exist", that would require people to be sexually experienced from the moment of their conception. By the same logic, the state of never have done anything (eating tofu, for example) "exists" and therefore "means something". Just think about what you're saying for a moment.

Virginity isn't an object, but the hymen more or less in actually physical thing. And it is the breaking of the hymen that corresponds to losing ones virginity. Therefore if losing your virginity was meaningless the what function would the hymen serve?
Original post by Anonymous
Very important tome. I'm still a virgin and I don't plan losing my virginity until I'm happily married.

Quite a lot of people want to wait until marriage. M'hmmm. Are you religious? Or just is that what you're most comfortable with?
Nothing in particular.
Reply 97
Original post by fist of the south star
Virginity isn't an object, but the hymen more or less in actually physical thing. And it is the breaking of the hymen that corresponds to losing ones virginity. Therefore if losing your virginity was meaningless the what function would the hymen serve?

I don't mean to cause an argument but the hymen's function embryologically was it tended to keep germs and dirt out of the vagina to stop infection. It actually has nothing to do with virginity.
I mean it can be broken doing anything - gymnastics, horse riding, using tampons etc
So if the breaking of the hymen is a sign of loosing your virginity I may have lost mine to a horse when I was about 7... which could sound very wrong out of context :P
50p
Reply 99
When I do lose it, I'd like it to be with someone care for and feel strongly about, so in that sense I suppose it is meaningful to me.

Quick Reply