The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ranty letter typed:

"In the episode of Eastenders which aired on 30th December 2010, there is a scene where Ronnie Mitchell and Heather Trott are on a train. This train is (supposedly) a District Line train which is shown to pull in to Barking Station. There are many innacuracies with this.

For starters, it has previously been established that the fictional location of Walford and it's Walford East train station exist in the location Bromley by Bow inhabits on the real-world tube map. Barking is 5 stops on the district line from this location, but all of these stops are over ground. Why, then, does the train spend a lot of it's time underground, only to emerge from the darkness just before pulling in to Barking station?

Then there is the matter of pulling in to the station. The train comes in to Barking station as if it were coming in from the Upminster end of the line (as if it were going towards London) which would mean it was going towards Walford. There are a few problems with this. For one, Ronnie would have stepped out on to the tracks had she exited the way she did. Secondly, it makes no sense for the train to be going this way as she has just come from Walford (/Bromley by Bow).

The train also, mysteriously, ends up right near the end of the platform. This is strange given the interior of the carriage, which seems to indicate that Ronnie and Heather are sitting at the rear of the train, as there would be a window in the door behind them which looks in to the next carriage had they been at the end indicated. Instead there is a normal door, which would go through to the drivers compartment.

Finally, the question of why Ronnie was even going to Barking in the first place? Our hospital is far closer to Upney station, which is one stop further down the line, but even so our hospital doesn't have a maternity ward! So she must have been going to a different hospital, and as such could have taken the train to any number of other locations which are closer."

Good enough?
Original post by fallen angel9
I don't think I'll be able to watch Eastenders for like a week or two. I just don't feel comfortable with the storyline tbh. :unsure:

Actually I do want to see Whitney find out Connor is banging Carol. :rofl2: I hope Tiffany spills the beans soon. :mmm:

:rofl: at the tube scene.

****ing pervert :teehee:
Reply 5522
Original post by mel0n
Connor is almost always topless, I think the producer must have taken a fancy to him and his tits. My sister read somewhere in a magazine that:

Spoiler

Noooo!! I think I'd actually physically be sick!
Reply 5523
Original post by LastLordofTime
Ranty letter typed:

"In the episode of Eastenders which aired on 30th December 2010, there is a scene where Ronnie Mitchell and Heather Trott are on a train. This train is (supposedly) a District Line train which is shown to pull in to Barking Station. There are many innacuracies with this.

For starters, it has previously been established that the fictional location of Walford and it's Walford East train station exist in the location Bromley by Bow inhabits on the real-world tube map. Barking is 5 stops on the district line from this location, but all of these stops are over ground. Why, then, does the train spend a lot of it's time underground, only to emerge from the darkness just before pulling in to Barking station?

Then there is the matter of pulling in to the station. The train comes in to Barking station as if it were coming in from the Upminster end of the line (as if it were going towards London) which would mean it was going towards Walford. There are a few problems with this. For one, Ronnie would have stepped out on to the tracks had she exited the way she did. Secondly, it makes no sense for the train to be going this way as she has just come from Walford (/Bromley by Bow).

The train also, mysteriously, ends up right near the end of the platform. This is strange given the interior of the carriage, which seems to indicate that Ronnie and Heather are sitting at the rear of the train, as there would be a window in the door behind them which looks in to the next carriage had they been at the end indicated. Instead there is a normal door, which would go through to the drivers compartment.

Finally, the question of why Ronnie was even going to Barking in the first place? Our hospital is far closer to Upney station, which is one stop further down the line, but even so our hospital doesn't have a maternity ward! So she must have been going to a different hospital, and as such could have taken the train to any number of other locations which are closer."

Good enough?

That's epic :lol: If you care enough to type out the letter then you care enough to fill in the form.

Spoiler

Reply 5524
Original post by Lanesra
Noooo!! I think I'd actually physically be sick!

Exactly. Carol, that was your son's best friend :sigh:

What is she thinking? At first it was because she was grieving but now it's going a little bit too far. Whitney should have just stuck with Peter Beale.

I actually thought Peter Beale was quite fit.
(edited 13 years ago)
Ranty letter typed:

Good enough?

Mate, go and get some air
Original post by cerulean
guess they didn't do their research.

Does libby not know how to click the 'withdraw' button? :eek:

Eastenders Suck Cock
Reply 5528
Original post by llpokermuffinll
Eastenders Suck Cock

Interesting.
Reply 5529
I might have to watch a bit more EE for the lol after that revelation

How do you find all these spoilers?!
What were the EE producers, writers smoking when they did that train scene with Ronnie/Heather? Just shocking. Looked so out of place. There was no reason for it, I mean, we as the audience always know that a pregnant character's water breaks, then is rushed off to the hospital in the car and next scene is she's in the hospital!

Spoiler

You may aswell just put "mate" on the end of that :tongue:
Original post by Hooovan*
You may aswell just put "mate" on the end of that :tongue:

Mehhh, it's just a piss-take complaint anywho :biggrin: I would find it quite funny if they actually replied in a serious manner XD

I don't think she actually does it, apparently it could be

Spoiler

Tiff

Spoiler

Some good news about the baby swap storyline:

Spoiler

Original post by Of_the_hook

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Aky786UK

Spoiler

No doubt, come next christmas it'll all be forgotten about. With the reveal, I think they should do two hander with Ronnie & Kat. Alfie & Jack can find out off screen, no need for their 'acting' to ruin it :tongue:
Ranty letter typed:

Good enough?

This quite literally made my day. I salute you, good sir.
Reply 5537
Original post by Of_the_hook
I don't think she actually does it, apparently it could be

Spoiler

Tiff

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Aky786UK
What were the EE producers, writers smoking when they did that train scene with Ronnie/Heather? Just shocking. Looked so out of place. There was no reason for it, I mean, we as the audience always know that a pregnant character's water breaks, then is rushed off to the hospital in the car and next scene is she's in the hospital!

Spoiler

Spoiler

(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 5538
Oh no, poor Kat, she must've been bleeding a lot.
Alfie :frown:
I love him :emo:

Latest