The Student Room Group

my crush has a huge nose

Lately I've developed a sort of a distance crush on a friend. We met and lived together while on an exchange a few years back, got along wonderfully, and stayed in touch. I never thought of him as more than just a really good friend until recently when we got into some more personal conversations I found myself extremely attracted to him intellectually and emotionally. Well this is the thing. I'll be going to visit him in a few months and am wondering if it's fair to start anything (if there's a moment) because (and this sounds horrible) I see constant teasing on my family's side on account of his huge nose. He's really sweet, intelligent, well educated, has a good job, is quite good looking (a bit on the thin side though), but my god, he has too large of a nose even for a Jew (and yes, he's Jewish). I just know that my family and friends would really fixate on that and always see him as only the guy with the big nose. If he were a girl friend of mine I'd suggest to her to get a nose job, but I don't think that would be fair to say to a guy. I know I sound horrible, and I admit I'm not perfect, but if his nose were smaller he would be. :/

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Harsh. If he reads this he'd cry. Like honestly, I'm nearly crying. Ouch.
Reply 2
If he's taller than you, you'll at least have cover from the rain?
Reply 3
ahahahahha!! ahhh it's good to be back on tsr.. :')
wow, a bit harsh in my opinion

If I was attracted to a guy, and he was everything you have described then I would not care what they thought, and I also wouldn't care about the size of his nose either, the unique things make us interesting :wink:

but yno, if it's bothering you ALREADY then don't pursue it, let the guy get a girl who likes him regardless of how he looks...
Tell him they're charging for air now. His nose'll shrink in no time.
Reply 6
You know what they say about guys with big noses... :wink:
Don't worry about that I'm sure he hopes you would be less spotty, have larger tits and be more open to blowjobs and anal. Tis all fair!
Original post by sparkjolt
You know what they say about guys with big noses... :wink:

nah sadly it isn't true
for his sake, leave him alone.
Reply 10
Bit shallow.
Reply 11
Original post by Pan-Asianism
nah sadly it isn't true

What, they don't need bigger crash helmets?!
Reply 12
aww, the bit at the end is cute.

as you've implied, you arent attracted to him due to his appearance and its him as a person you like so go for him. also, appearances shouldnt affect your choice in a man- or a partner because its personality that counts.

on a side note, considering he is jewish and has a huge nose, that must mean he has a sizeable manliness :biggrin: and if your family joke about his nose you could use joke about their manliness.(considering only we, men, joke about exaggerated features on a relative)
I can sympathise with the guy cos my nose is of jewish proportions (i'm not jewish though) My ex and her family used to make constant jokes but i could laugh along with it as it wasn't meant in a nasty way and i can accept my flaws
Original post by Anonymous
Lately I've developed a sort of a distance crush on a friend. We met and lived together while on an exchange a few years back, got along wonderfully, and stayed in touch. I never thought of him as more than just a really good friend until recently when we got into some more personal conversations I found myself extremely attracted to him intellectually and emotionally. Well this is the thing. I'll be going to visit him in a few months and am wondering if it's fair to start anything (if there's a moment) because (and this sounds horrible) I see constant teasing on my family's side on account of his huge nose. He's really sweet, intelligent, well educated, has a good job, is quite good looking (a bit on the thin side though), but my god, he has too large of a nose even for a Jew (and yes, he's Jewish). I just know that my family and friends would really fixate on that and always see him as only the guy with the big nose. If he were a girl friend of mine I'd suggest to her to get a nose job, but I don't think that would be fair to say to a guy. I know I sound horrible, and I admit I'm not perfect, but if his nose were smaller he would be. :/

I HAVE A BIG NOSE :frown:
I've been called names, jokingly, all my life because of it.

Think how he feels about it :/

Everyone has imperfections.
Original post by Ocarinaoftime
wow, a bit harsh in my opinion

If I was attracted to a guy, and he was everything you have described then I would not care what they thought, and I also wouldn't care about the size of his nose either, the unique things make us interesting :wink:

but yno, if it's bothering you ALREADY then don't pursue it, let the guy get a girl who likes him regardless of how he looks...

More girls should be like you, and less like the OP.
Reply 16
You are probably extremely plain OP, if not ugly. So I don't know why you are picking on someone else's flaws.
I dated a girl with a big nose once... If the person ever says "You're doing it wrong" when you're kissing, don't reply with "Get your nose out of my damn eye then"

Yes, I give good adivce.
Reply 18
Surely you should be worrying about the size of his :awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:?
Reply 19
Hahahaha. My boyfriend has a massive nose and I tease him about it more than anyone else. Who cares if he has a big nose if the rest of him is perfect, don't be so shallow.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending