The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE 2011 Applicant's thread (Statistics with Finance)

Hey! Who else has applied to the above course? Also heard anything from LSE about your application? :biggrin:
Reply 1
I applied to actuarial science and got an offer but I am thinking about switching to this course (the prospectus says we "may" do so as the first year course is identical). It feels more exciting
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by TBLAIR
I applied to actuarial science and got an offer but I am thinking about switching to this course (the prospectus says we "may" do so as the first year course is identical). It feels more exciting

oh right nice, congrats! I really like Statistics and Finance is a brilliant application of it so thought would be good to do these (especially if I wanna IB/Actuary/Accounting later on). What are your GCSES, ASs and A2 predictions like?? Where else have you applied and what courses?? (considering this is the only one of its kind)
Reply 3
Original post by sportycricketer
oh right nice, congrats! I really like Statistics and Finance is a brilliant application of it so thought would be good to do these (especially if I wanna IB/Actuary/Accounting later on). What are your GCSES, ASs and A2 predictions like?? Where else have you applied and what courses?? (considering this is the only one of its kind)

I got 4 a's in AS and predicted A*A*A*A. I got offers from Cass and Warwick(MORSE) and rejected by Oxford. I am also thinking about IB and Actuary, probably prefer IB but will do actuary if I fail to get a place. I think the course provides a few exemptions for the actuarial exams.

How bout you? Grades? Other choices?
Original post by TBLAIR
I got 4 a's in AS and predicted A*A*A*A. I got offers from Cass and Warwick(MORSE) and rejected by Oxford. I am also thinking about IB and Actuary, probably prefer IB but will do actuary if I fail to get a place. I think the course provides a few exemptions for the actuarial exams.

How bout you? Grades? Other choices?

Ah right nice one. Which subjects?? What did you get in your GCSEs?? What did you apply for at Oxford. What was your fifth choice (LSE,Warwick,Oxford,Cass,?). Yeah I am more inclined towards IB. I need to get into LSE first and then we'll be sorted. Many ppl are into actuary and IB anyway if you go to LSE haha.

AS: AAAA
A2 predictions: A*A*Aa(taking another AS after dropping one
Reply 5
Ah right nice one. Which subjects?? What did you get in your GCSEs?? What did you apply for at Oxford. What was your fifth choice (LSE,Warwick,Oxford,Cass,?). Yeah I am more inclined towards IB. I need to get into LSE first and then we'll be sorted. Many ppl are into actuary and IB anyway if you go to LSE haha.

AS: AAAA
A2 predictions: A*A*Aa(taking another AS after dropping one

I guess its true:biggrin: . I do double math(only picking up FM in June) Physics and Chem. My fifth choice was another choice in LSE, but almost surely will get rejected as it is a very ill fit to my PS. I am international so no GCSE.

Seems like not many ppl are applying to this course
Original post by TBLAIR
Seems like not many ppl are applying to this course

I think people will be as its an LSE course and TSR is not a great representation of ratios lol. I REALLY HOPE I GET AN OFFER THOUGH. Someone's already been rejected for it!
Reply 7
Man this LSE offer is starting to annoy me now.... applied 10 weeks ago.... still no reply.... predicted 4 A* but i dnt think ill get an offer since i have 2 blacklisted subjects( Accountancy and ICT)

I think ill do further maths if i have time after my exams in jan...... how many modules do u have to do for an A level in further maths? does any1 know?
Reply 8
Original post by solo443
Man this LSE offer is starting to annoy me now.... applied 10 weeks ago.... still no reply.... predicted 4 A* but i dnt think ill get an offer since i have 2 blacklisted subjects( Accountancy and ICT)

I think ill do further maths if i have time after my exams in jan...... how many modules do u have to do for an A level in further maths? does any1 know?

same amount of modules you did for maths a-level, for OCR it was another 6 modules with FP1 and FP2 and/or FP3 compulsory
Original post by Roy064
same amount of modules you did for maths a-level, for OCR it was another 6 modules with FP1 and FP2 and/or FP3 compulsory

Hey how popular is this course?? Has anyone heard???
Original post by keynesismyhomeboy
Hey how popular is this course?? Has anyone heard???

What are your ASs, A2 predictions and GCSEs like? if you dont mind me asking
anyone heard anything back yet? been waiting a while now..
Original post by joooooooooooooones
anyone heard anything back yet? been waiting a while now..

what are your ASs, A2 Predictions and GCSEs if you dont mind me asking
what are your ASs, A2 Predictions and GCSEs if you dont mind me asking

GCSEs: 4A* 6A
A Levels (completed- on a gap year): A* maths, A further maths, A physics, B Economics

I retook them all (apart from single maths) in jan though hoping for A*A*A*A

Quick Reply

Latest